Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings: Stanley Cup Finals

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Why bother?
    Because he's asking for it and because I can't stand posters who post un-informed crap without doing any real research but simply pull it out of their ass instead.

Kind of reminds me of certain "trolls" on this board but let's leave that for another thread.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Because he's asking for it and because I can't stand posters who post un-informed crap without doing any real research but simply pull it out of their ass instead.

Kind of reminds me of certain "trolls" on this board but let's leave that for another thread.
    I hear you, there is one that deserves a visit in the night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    *sigh* I'm 34. If only I WAS a kid again. Then I wouldn't have to worry about these DAMN TAXES.

But that's another story entirely.....

No it wasn't because the Devils and Rags DIDN'T MEET IN THE ECF where 1994 happened. Not sure what part of that is confusing for you. Maybe If I talk......reaaal.....sloooooow......youuuuuu...mii iiight.....underssstaaaand.

Uhh...

1995 - Stanley Cup (NJ)

2000 - Stanley Cup (NJ)

2003 - Stanley Cup (NJ)

Another thing : Devils have now been to the Finals FIVE TIMES since your "Cup win" in 1994. '95, 00, 01, 03, and now '12.

How many Finals appearances did the Rags make since '94 again? Yeah. I thought as much.

Do you even read your posts before pressing 'submit'?
    Please sonny. Your unhealthy BE love temporarily transferred to Kovy still ended in frustration.

When your team can't beat an 8th seed in the most important series of all, with home ice advantage don't take it out on others.

Take it out on Bernier Madoff - he "stole" the Cup from you

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still heated at the outcome esp with the snub of the Gionta call and the Kopitar push but t'is all good

CONGRATS, To my Eastern Conference Champs!
    Last edited by Gata; 06-20-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    Still heated at the outcome esp with the snub of the Gionta call and the Kopitar push but t'is all good

CONGRATS, To my Easter Conference Champs!
    Do they get The Bunny Cup for that?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Do they get The Bunny Cup for that?
    Eastern* Darn ...

We get a new banner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That "banner" is gonna look marvy when the NHL takes over the Devil Dogs next month for failure to make their bank payments due on the Newark Slumdome and moves them to Quebec or Atlanta or back to Kansas City where they might have more than 5000 total fans

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    That "banner" is gonna look marvy when the NHL takes over the Devil Dogs next month for failure to make their bank payments due on the Newark Slumdome and moves them to Quebec or Atlanta or back to Kansas City where they might have more than 5000 total fans

All that may be true. But the Devils will still own the Rangers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Means little in the long run since.with no fans and a bankrupt owner...they'll probably be moved or conttacted within a couple of seasons

NY has only one NHL franchise same as it's been for 80+ years

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Means little in the long run since.with no fans and a bankrupt owner...they'll probably be moved or conttacted within a couple of seasons

You are so clueless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

You wish, but not going to happen. At least NO CUP got his trophy last night..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

In reference to the money loss of the team this playoff run actually helped us regain some vitality. Rumor is we'll get a new investor before the start of next yr.

The young dynasty has 3 cups in 30 yrs ... NUMEROUS Division titles and a brand new Eastern Conference title thanks to the Ranger's ass whooping.
    It makes little sense to me how you bad mouth trolls, when you're by far the biggest Rangers Troll I've encountered on the Internet.

Sour Rags Fans .
    Last edited by Gata; 06-21-2012 at 10:43 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Right. As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about...

Jeff Vanderbeek, the controlling owner of the Devils, could complete a deal by the end of next month to erase most of the team’s debt and bring in new minority owners, according to two people with knowledge of the negotiations.

Vanderbeek has had a term sheet for new investors on his desk since the end of May, these people said. The document, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times, explains that the investors’ infusion of cash will help pay off debt on the team and Prudential Center, and will raise working capital. It does not list the name of the new investors.

In recent months, the team has been focused on repaying about $77 million that is overdue to its banks, which is only a portion of overall team and arena debt. The term sheet, which was dated May 27, three days before the Devils opened the Stanley Cup finals against the Los Angeles Kings, promised that new investors would get a so-called put option after five years that would allow them to sell their shares in the team to a third party.

In addition, the term sheet said, Vanderbeek will invest $10 million to take an additional stake in the team, but his contribution has been modified since then. He controls 47 percent of the team, and while it is unclear whether the extra shares will make him a majority owner, Vanderbeek is expected to remain the controlling owner.

Since the term sheet was issued, Vanderbeek has been able to refinance and restructure much of the total debt of about $178 million. That part of the deal is almost complete, which is allowing Vanderbeek’s financial adviser, Three Ocean Ventures, to move to raising equity from investors who have already been identified, according to the people with direct knowledge of the deal.

The term sheet also specifies that a compensation committee that includes the major shareholders be created to approve player contracts of more than three years that are worth more than $7.5 million after the first year, and which increase overall team payroll. The captain Zach Parise, goalie Martin Brodeur and defenseman Bryce Salvador are among the players who are set to become unrestricted free agents July 1.

On the eve of the Stanley Cup finals, Commissioner Gary Bettman said that Vanderbeek “is working to both refinance the debt on the club and equity raise, and he appears to be fairly confident that he can pull this off in the next few weeks.”

Bettman added, “Since I’ve been in touch with the banks on a regular basis, we seem to be on track.”

Bettman has more than a rooting interest. The N.H.L. advanced the Devils $10 million from the team’s share of the leaguewide revenue pool, which includes income from the sale of television rights. The league has denied that it plans to take over the Devils if the team fails to complete a new agreement.

Bill Daly, the league’s deputy commissioner, declined to comment on the terms of the proposed deal that Vanderbeek is weighing. The team also declined to comment.

But the Devils’ deep playoff run brought in $32 million in extra revenue, which has given Vanderbeek breathing room to seek a better deal. The team has sold 1,500 new full season-ticket packages for next season, and the renewal rate for existing season-ticket holders is nearly 95 percent, compared to 84 percent last year.

In November, Forbes valued the team at $181 million, the 20th-most valuable franchise in the N.H.L. The Devils are one of the most indebted teams in the league, with debts worth 100 percent of the value of the club, Forbes said.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Winning cures everything....not that the Rangers would know.

How do you feel about the Devils owning you consistently, without a fanbase or ownership?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    In reference to the money loss of the team this playoff run actually helped us regain some vitality. Rumor is we'll get a new investor before the start of next yr.

The young dynasty has 3 cups in 30 yrs ... NUMEROUS Division titles and a brand new Eastern Conference title thanks to the Ranger's ass whooping.
    It makes little sense to me how you bad mouth trolls, when you're by far the biggest Rangers Troll I've encountered on the Internet.

Sour Rags Fans .
    You nailed it. And that's coming from a Rangers fan. He's an embarrassment.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You nailed it. And that's coming from a Rangers fan. He's an embarrassment.
    +1

As a Jets/Mets/Knicks/Rangers fan, he does not represent me in any way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taptalk in your ass.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Stefan Matteau, 29th overall pick by the New Jersey Devils...
    Son of former Rangers Super Star aka ( Class of 94') Stéphane Matteau