Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings: Stanley Cup Finals

All Pro
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-12-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    1-0 shutout. Well done boys! See you back in NJ!!!
    I am in a Hotel 4 blocks from the Staple Center...this city is rockin.

I watched the first 2 periods from the ESPN Zone across from the staples center.

LA is pretty electric right now.

All League
    A fantastic series and a great final..
    My hats off to the New Jersey Devils..what a great franchise..

Devils deserve to lose, I never blame the refs for any outcome. But that being said, it's absolutely infuriating that they leave such a mark on a clinching game. Awful job by them.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Devils deserve to lose, I never blame the refs for any outcome. But that being said, it's absolutely infuriating that they leave such a mark on a clinching game. Awful job by them.
    Lol, Devs got outplayed once... And they won that game. They proved they belonged and I'm happy. Marty was out****ingstanding... Let's focus on the miracle of signing Parise, be happy we have a top tier rook in Henrique and go from there...

I'm proud of the Devils. Period.

Hall Of Fame
    At least the Devils still have their 2 or 3 Cups.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    At least the Devils still have their 2 or 3 Cups.
    Ha!

Veteran
    Hate the Kings...they make me sick. The old lineup in the early 90's...Gretsky, Luc Robitille(however), oh what was his name, I've drank since then. And did they have Kelly Hrudy..?.?.? Faq those guys and the new ones too... fahq you quick

PENGUINS

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Hate the Kings...they make me sick. The old lineup in the early 90's...Gretsky, Luc Robitille(however), oh what was his name, I've drank since then. And did they have Kelly Hrudy..?.?.? Faq those guys and the new ones too... fahq you quick

PENGUINS
    Wow you are um..a person I would not like to know.
    no offence but you seem like a powder keg ready to explode.
    I want to be as far away from people like you as possible..

All League
    I don't get the hatred for the refs. That was a nasty hit by Bernier and he deserved 5 minutes. Could they have called Stoll for a boarding call too? Sure, but they happened to miss it. It's impossible to make every call. And honestly, that wasn't THAT bad of a hit on Gionta. For a Stanley Cup game, I could argue that it probably didn't even deserve a penalty. It was ****ty timing that Bernier had such a terrible hit just moments later... but it is what it is.

Need I remind Devils fans the high stick to Stepan's face by Stephen Gionta, who you know ended up scoring the first goal of Game 5 against the Rangers seconds later as a direct result of the guy immediately defending him holding his head in his hands. And who knows what would have transpired, but that goal really really deflated the Rangers as the Devils went on to score 2 more quick goals moments later.

The bottom line is that refs miss calls. It doesn't excuse any play or penalty taken afterwards. Obviously nobody wants to be in a 5 minute penalty kill sitaution, but it's hardly a death knell. They were obviously at a disadvantage, but they still gave up 3 goals.

Spoken like a rags fan...

Veteran
    Is it over now? Smmfd....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The Kings will throw EVERYTHING at Marty and the Devils tonight. The first 10 minutes may determine the game(and series) right then and there. If the Kings overwhelm the Devils and score a goal(or two), then they're in great shape to end up hoisting the Cup tonight. If the Devils manage to weather the storm and slowly(but surely) take control of the game without giving up a goal in the opening minutes, the Devils have a shot.
    Good foresight...

Jets Insider VIP
    Was it a bad call? Yeah. I think the blood caused the over reaction by the ref.

But the Greatest Goalie of All Time still gave up 3 goals in 5 minutes. That was godawful penalty killing by the Devils.

Cry about the refs all you want, but Marty was bad last night and there is no way escaping that. He gave up 5 goals in an elimination game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Spoken like a rags fan...
    Your double standards/homerism is hilarious.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Your double standards/homerism is hilarious.
    Yeah, he was a **** talker last series (the rangers only won because of bad luck) and he's a pretty blatant homer but it's like the best part of being a fan. Being irrational. I agree it's funny as long as he didn't make personal attacks and AGAW never did.

Sometimes, I think he's Chico Reech with the homerism comments haha. Chico looked like he wanted to cry last night.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan View Post
    Is it over now? Smmfd....
    What your late entrance into here, or the 45 year wait? Your team might take you up on that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Yeah, he was a **** talker last series (the rangers only won because of bad luck) and he's a pretty blatant homer but it's like the best part of being a fan. Being irrational. I agree it's funny as long as he didn't make personal attacks and AGAW never did.

Sometimes, I think he's Chico Reech with the homerism comments haha. Chico looked like he wanted to cry last night.
    Agreed, no problem with AGAW.

I just think it's funny that every penalty against the Devils is BS, but any other fan who complains about a penalty is a crybaby.

You'd think the Devils would never lose a game if it weren't for terrible luck and conspiring refs.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Was it a bad call? Yeah. I think the blood caused the over reaction by the ref.

But the Greatest Goalie of All Time still gave up 3 goals in 5 minutes. That was godawful penalty killing by the Devils.

Cry about the refs all you want, but Marty was bad last night and there is no way escaping that. He gave up 5 goals in an elimination game.
    Not the issue. It WASN'T a bad call. It was actually the correct call, Bernier should have gotten the major and been chucked. And it was an awful penalty kill and Brodeur did not look good at all during it.

Problem is, the hit should never have happened, they should have called the Kings for boarding on the Gionta hit seconds before.

No Bernier penalty, no 5 minute major power play, Devils on a power play, 0-0 score.

Not sour grapes, just feeling like it never should have happened.

Maybe the Kings win anyway, they were flying around, but Broduer was playing great up until that point.

The Bernier hit was clearly a major penalty and the Devils shat the bed during those 5 minutes.

Just never should have happened--changed the entire game and the Cup was basically awarded right there.

_

If you make a stupid and reckless play (Bernier!) then be prepared to suffer the consequences. All the more so in a game in which your margin for error is zero. There is nothing unreasonable about the fate of the Devils. Even with a 5 minute major you still have to execute. The Kings did, the Devils did not. All hail the Kings, a truly worthy Stanley Cup winner.