Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 321

Thread: (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings: Stanley Cup Finals

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Starting to take over... Big game from a confidence standpoint.

    Let's go Devils!

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,700
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marty keepin' them in it, now finish it for him!

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still biting my tongue... Ugh...

    We got this

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mother****ing **** cock fag ***** whore **** **** cock ****ing mother ****ers

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Entertaining game. Marty played well, but crap, that mustve been a helpless feeling there as Kapitur completely played with him for the game winner.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,700
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Entertaining game. Marty played well, but crap, that mustve been a helpless feeling there as Kapitur completely played with him for the game winner.
    Nah, maybe if it were some other team with some other goalie, but this is MB actually in the cup finals, again. Helpless is for those sitting at home waiting to be crowned something.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 down 3 to go

    GO KINGS !!!!

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,700
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go Kings, doesn't matter.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough loss. Devs came out w a strange gameplan of long passes which didn't work at all. The first 35mins were dominated by LA. A lucky goal late in 2nd seemed to give NJ energy and they took over the puck from there. I'll excuse the breakaway goal and hope they play more like they did late in the game.


  10. #30
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't follow the Western Conference all that much, but I did happen to see the Kings live this year. My one observation at that time was that they were huge. To a man they seemed like giants and were a tremendously phsyical team.

    I thought the same thing last night - they seemed to hulk over the Devils - Doc pointed the same thing out. The Devils did well to go toe to toe with them - especially later in the game, but I can't help but wonder if that will take a toll by the end of the series.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Go Kings, doesn't matter.
    +1

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Nah, maybe if it were some other team with some other goalie, but this is MB actually in the cup finals, again. Helpless is for those sitting at home waiting to be crowned something.
    Well, Apache, if you want to play that game, then you must realize that since Lundqvist has came to the NHL, he and Marty have the same number of Cups--ZERO.

    As to the play in question, Marty admitted in the postgame that he got juked. He got tricked into thinking Kopitar was attacking 1 way, dove, and Kopitar attacked another way. Regardless, it's 1 game and the Devils lost G1 of the last 2 series and still won them.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't follow the Western Conference all that much, but I did happen to see the Kings live this year. My one observation at that time was that they were huge. To a man they seemed like giants and were a tremendously phsyical team.

    I thought the same thing last night - they seemed to hulk over the Devils - Doc pointed the same thing out. The Devils did well to go toe to toe with them - especially later in the game, but I can't help but wonder if that will take a toll by the end of the series.
    The Kings looked like the Flyers out there. If the Devils keep up the pressure, that should tire them out like they did agianst the Flyers.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking the Devils need to put Larsson in for Fayne for Game 2.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheating Devils got what they deserved for that piece of crap Parise putting the puck in the net with his hand. Karma is a *****.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    1 down 3 to go

    GO KINGS !!!!

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    You sound like a Chowd troll.

    You must be proud of yourself.

    _

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Well, Apache, if you want to play that game, then you must realize that since Lundqvist has came to the NHL, he and Marty have the same number of Cups--ZERO.

    As to the play in question, Marty admitted in the postgame that he got juked. He got tricked into thinking Kopitar was attacking 1 way, dove, and Kopitar attacked another way. Regardless, it's 1 game and the Devils lost G1 of the last 2 series and still won them.
    My gut tells me this will be the Devils in 6. I HATE the fact that the Rangers got beat...I cant watch this.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    You sound like a Chowd troll.

    You must be proud of yourself.

    _
    total troll when it comes to hockey

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    1 down 3 to go

    GO KINGS !!!!

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    How's King Henrix doing on the golf course?

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rangers fans still bitter about their team getting their asses waxed in 6 games by the Devils and 40 year old Marty. They're a tough bunch coached by the toughest guy of them all John Tortellini.

    Flame on.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us