Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet the People who will help choose our next President

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4480258]Bill Mahers aside, most of those are not attacks. The may tackle "Can a Mormon get elected President" or "Should Mormons be baptizing dead Jews, but the aren't attacks on Romney.

Legitimate questions. Much like Kennedy's catholicism.[/QUOTE]

You got it, no one questions Harry Reid's (one of the most 3-5 politically powerful men in America) Mormonism now there is a natural and coincidental uptick in curiousity and criticism. :dizzy:

No, those were [B]all [/B]attacks.

What [B]did[/B] people question about Kennedy re: Catholicism. The magicalness of the Sacraments? Or that he would be taking orders from the Pope, a foreign leader. :coocoo:

I guess those concerns would be legitimate today, after seeing this:

[IMG]http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/obama-bows-saudi-king.jpg[/IMG]

To be sincere, I fully admit that my political contributions to this forum are almost always relating to issues/current events that resonate with me. That is, by nature, subjective and biased towards our individual beliefs.

But the truth is that almost every regular poster demonstrates personal bias. Here is one example; conservative posters have started endless threads documenting how unions use money and political clout to manipulate the system. Yet there is very little mention of stories that demonstrate how corporations are guilty of similar actions. And the flip side to that coin is correct as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480310]To be sincere, I fully admit that my political contributions to this forum are almost always relating to issues/current events that resonate with me [B]and my public union who protect my rank and file even though I majored in possibly the easiest thing to major in while in college.[/B];) That is, by nature, subjective and biased towards our individual beliefs.

But the truth is that almost every regular poster demonstrates personal bias. Here is one example; conservative posters have started endless threads documenting how unions use money and political clout to manipulate the system [B]and create pay and lifetime benefits for civil servants that drive taxes on their neighbors to ridiculous levels and create a hostile environment in their towns[/B]. Yet there is very little mention of stories that demonstrate how corporations are guilty of similar actions,[B] because we are all victims of this and it is not bipartisan.[/B] And the flip side to that coin is correct as well.[/QUOTE]

Fixed for honesty and integrity.....:D

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4480315]Fixed for honesty and integrity.....:D[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4480315]Fixed for honesty and integrity.....:D[/QUOTE]

what about their retirement packages?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=parafly;4480190]Money = Speech is possibly the worst political development of my lifetime.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a development from your lifetime. It's far older than that.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4480807]This isn't a development from your lifetime. It's far older than that.[/QUOTE]

But the problem has become far worse.

All Pro
    It's only a problem when your side gets outspent.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480809]But the problem has become far worse.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's just become more visible thanks to modern access technology. Which is actually the first step in fixing it.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4480258]Legitimate questions. Much like Kennedy's catholicism.[/QUOTE]

Then why was Obam's 30 years+ of attending a Black Liberation Theology Church deemed a non-issue, and was, in many places, deemed a racist question if it was even brought up?

I have no problem with discussing Mormonism.

I have a problem with a "seperate-but-unequal" system of vetting and debate by our supposed media watchdogs and politically active class of citizens.

If Mormonism is worthy of discussion, so was, and is, Rev. Wright and the dieals and beliefs of Black Liberation Theology.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4480834]Actually, it's just become more visible thanks to modern access technology. [B]Which is actually the first step in fixing it[/B].[/QUOTE]

and since the lawmakers are bought and paid for by the very money that is being poured into the process, there is very little chance we will get beyond that first step.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4480856]Then why was Obam's 30 years+ of attending a Black Liberation Theology Church deemed a non-issue, and was, in many places, deemed a racist question if it was even brought up?

I have a problem with a "seperate-but-unequal" system of vetting and debate by our supposed media watchdogs and politically active class of citizens.

If Mormonism is worthy of discussion, so was, and is, Rev. Wright and the dieals and beliefs of Black Liberation Theology.[/QUOTE]

I believe that in both cases, it should have been private. The presidency is a political position, not a religious one.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4480856]Then why was Obam's 30 years+ of attending a Black Liberation Theology Church deemed a non-issue, and was, in many places, deemed a racist question if it was even brought up?

If Mormonism is worthy of discussion, so was, and is, Rev. Wright and the dieals and beliefs of Black Liberation Theology.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, but I wasn't aware Rev Wright was a non-issue. I heard plenty about him.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4480860]Absolutely, but I wasn't aware Rev Wright was a non-issue. I heard plenty about him.[/QUOTE]

Only if you watched FOX and listen to Right-Wing Radio, the only folks who covered it until quite late in the running. The tome of the coverage was also quite different, given there was no major media coverage of what BLT believes and practices, etc., just a cursory coverage of the Rev. himself, often in a positive light only.

In any event, it's all rather predictable tbqh.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4480863]Only if you watched FOX and listen to Right-Wing Radio, the only folks who covered it until quite late in the running. The tome of the coverage was also quite different, given there was no major media coverage of what BLT believes and practices, etc., just a cursory coverage of the Rev. himself, often in a positive light only.

In any event, it's all rather predictable tbqh.[/QUOTE]

You say "only" as if Fox isn't influential. They beat the drum pretty hard and steady with Wright.

And I would say the media has been pretty positive about Mormonism, with only a cursory overview.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HuNyhdVPs8[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEkc_DlvN9Y[/url]

Fox News is the devil......

[QUOTE=FF2®;4480900]You say "only" as if Fox isn't influential. They beat the drum pretty hard and steady with Wright.

And I would say the media has been pretty positive about Mormonism, with only a cursory overview.[/QUOTE]

FOX came on vquite late to Wright as well, long after the Righty-Radio did. They were on it early, and often, but obviously preach to the already converted generally.

FOX, for all it's bias, was not nearly as in-depth on BLT as they should have been, or as a number of media sources are now on Romney (and just Romney's) Mormonism.

In any event, agree to disagree.