Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holder to brief black pastors on campaign 2012

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Holder to brief black pastors on campaign 2012

Maybe this is what Obama meant about him being transparent.

[QUOTE]Attorney General Eric Holder, the IRS, and the liberal lawyers at the ACLU will brief several hundred pastors in the African American community on how to participate in the presidential election -- which the Congressional Black Caucus chair expects will help President Obama's campaign.

"We will have representatives from nine denominations who actually pastor somewhere in the neighborhood of about 10 million people, and we're going to first of all equip them with the information they need to know about what they can say and what they cannot say in the church that would violate their 501c3 status with the IRS," Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., told MSNBC today.

"In fact, we're going to have the IRS administrator there, we're going to have the Attorney General Eric Holder there, we're going to have the lawyers' organization from around the country, the ACLU -- all giving ministers guidance about what they can and cannot do," he noted.

[B]Cleaver said they would not tell pastors which candidate to support. They will let them know who to regard as the bad guys, though (hint: not Democrats). "We're going to talk about some of the draconian laws that have cropped up around the country as a result of the 17 percent increase in African American votes," Cleaver said, describing voter ID laws as a form of Jim Crow-style "poll tax" on seniors and black voters.[/B]

The CBC chairman is confident that "President Obama is going to get 95 percent of the [African American] vote," and wants to keep that turnout high. [B]"We want to let them know that there is a theological responsibility to participate in the political process, at least in the Judeo-Christian tradition[/B]," he said.
    [/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure I get the news here.

Aren't most faiths pretty active in politics these days? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4480124]Not sure I get the news here.

Aren't most faiths pretty active in politics these days? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Lets see, bias/race baiting by the government and government agencies being used for campaigning, just for 2 off the top of my head.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4480133]Lets see, bias/race baiting by the government and government agencies being used for campaigning, just for 2 off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

what agencies are being "used for campaigning"? :confused:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4480124]Not sure I get the news here.

Aren't most faiths pretty active in politics these days? :confused:[/QUOTE]

He's briefing BLACK pastors. Not pastors. This wouldn't be exclusionary would it?
    No! It's racist. I assume the New Black Panther Party will have reps there to discuss intimidating older and female WHITE voters as they did last time.
    Holder is a punk.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4480136]what agencies are being "used for campaigning"? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're really less a sharp knife than I thought. Not that I was giving too much credit to start.

How about the Attorney General's office? That's a cabinet level executive branch position. How about the IRS? Last I checked they were part of the federal government.

They will be telling people how to vote, citing "Draconian" ( you know the word right?) Republican measures to hurt blacks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4480138]He's briefing BLACK pastors. Not pastors. This wouldn't be exclusionary would it?[/QUOTE]

Is NOW exclusionary?
    Is the CHC exclusionary?
    Is the NAACP exclusionary?

of course they all are, thats the nature of a group.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4480142]Wow, you're really less a sharp knife than I thought. Not that I was giving too much credit to start.

How about the Attorney General's office? That's a cabinet level executive branch position. How about the IRS? Last I checked they were part of the federal government.

They will be telling people how to vote, citing "Draconian" ( you know the word right?) Republican measures to hurt blacks.[/QUOTE]

I don't read it that way, the IRS is there to monitor and advise on what the group can and cannot do. That's their function.

And did you eepect Holder to campaign for Romney? :confused:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4480143]Is NOW exclusionary?
    Is the CHC exclusionary?
    Is the NAACP exclusionary?

of course they all are, thats the nature of a group.[/QUOTE]

Are they part of the Federal Government and the Obama administration?
    It's racism. You're a bigoy, so you understand the concept, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4480147]I don't read it that way, the IRS is there to monitor and advise on what the group can and cannot do. That's their function.

And did you eepect Holder to campaign for Romney? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I don't expect him to campaign at all. He's the AG. A poor one, certainly, but the AG.

The IRS is there to advide. Will Eric be maeeting with WHITE Baptista along with the IRS to advise them? Not campaign, merely advising. Right, you sound ridiculous , Mr. Veteran.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    President Obama is encouraging black people to pressure their churches into supporting his administration. He may be considering an executive order suspending the separation of church and state for black churches through November 2012.

Conservatives are predictably displaying their racism by singling out black churches for complaint.

[IMG]http://thepeoplescube.com/red/gallery/thepeoplescomrade-a51/church-state-suspended-i3789.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/obama-rethinks-chruch-state-separation-for-black-people-t8496.html[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if Mormons will be urged to vote for Romney? :confused:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4480156]I don't expect him to campaign at all. He's the AG..[/QUOTE]

Do you think AGs in the past have suggested who people vote for?? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4480160]I wonder if Mormons will be urged to vote for Romney? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Maybe but they won't be advised how to do that by the AG and the IRS! Don't you get the difference?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4480162]Maybe but they won't be advised how to do that by the AG and the IRS! Don't you get the difference?[/QUOTE]

"equip them with the information they need to know about what they can say and what they cannot say in the church that would violate their 501c3 status with the IRS"

This is actually part of the IRS job. They will happily advise any group. Its not a big secret.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4480165]"equip them with the information they need to know about what they can say and what they cannot say in the church that would violate their 501c3 status with the IRS"

This is actually part of the IRS job. They will happily advise any group. Its not a big secret.[/QUOTE]

Nice try

[B]They will let them know who to regard as the bad guys, though (hint: not Democrats). "We're going to talk about some of the draconian laws that have cropped up around the country as a result of the 17 percent increase in African American votes," Cleaver said, describing voter ID laws as a form of Jim Crow-style "poll tax" on seniors and black voters.[/B]

That is as much the job of the IRS and AG as reaching out to muslims is for NASA, oh wait... :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4480168]Nice try

[B]They will let them know who to regard as the bad guys, though (hint: not Democrats). "We're going to talk about some of the draconian laws that have cropped up around the country as a result of the 17 percent increase in African American votes," Cleaver said, describing voter ID laws as a form of Jim Crow-style "poll tax" on seniors and black voters.[/B]

That is as much the job of the IRS and AG as reaching out to muslims is for NASA, oh wait... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The IRS isn't saying that its the CBC, who can say anything they want.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4480170]The IRS isn't saying that its the CBC, who can say anything they want.[/QUOTE]

Sure. You keep believing that having Holder and IRS agents in the room while they are spouting racist crap doesn't add legitimacy even if they aren't the ones who are saying it. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4480172]Sure. You keep believing that having Holder and IRS agents in the room while they are spouting racist crap doesn't add legitimacy even if they aren't the ones who are saying it. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.[/QUOTE]

All groups get advice from the IRS on what they can and cannot do. For instance here are some catholic guidlnes: [url]http://old.usccb.org/ogc/guidelines.shtml[/url]

Its really not unusual.

And as far as Holder, he is free to attend and support any group he wants and be judged on that. If you see their opinions as racist crap, so be it. But it's definitely with their rights to say it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4480172] I would love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.[/QUOTE]

He's probably going to assuage their concerns about gay marriage, that Barry isn't serious about it, he just needs the faygs money.

Who he winds up screwing if he gets re-elected is subject to change.