Thread: United States vs. Brazil

Veteran

United States vs. Brazil

Anxiously awaiting to see this one... The Yanks have made noticeable strides under Klinsmann. I am ecstatic that they no longer concede early in every match. That was my biggest complaint under Bob Bradley and 100% on the Manager IMO. This game won't be pretty at times, but I am hoping to see signs that the American side can move up a tier before 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    No Dempsey again.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Anxiously awaiting to see this one... The Yanks have made noticeable strides under Klinsmann. I am ecstatic that they no longer concede early in every match. That was my biggest complaint under Bob Bradley and 100% on the Manager IMO. This game won't be pretty at times, but I am hoping to see signs that the American side can move up a tier before 2014.
    Well said. Just makes a world of difference when you can play your game from the first whistle on without having to dig yourself out of a hole. Really wish we could have seen what Dempsey could add up top with Donovan after his great season at Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    No Dempsey again.
    Jesus...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Jesus...
    Check that. Available as a sub. Groin still an issue.

Gooch....pullin' for ya but yer days appear to be numbered iffin' you keep on like tonight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Gooch....pullin' for ya but yer days appear to be numbered iffin' you keep on like tonight.
    + 1

Bring back Jay DeMerit!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Gooch is too cumbersome and slow to play against sides like that. He can hold his own against larger teams, but not the small and quick variety.

Other notes;

~Marcelo was the best player on the pitch. He rendered Donovan totally ineffective along with everyone else. He was also very dangerous coming forward.

~Michael Bradley is clearly the most creative player on the US squad. He has been for quite some time IMO.

~What a huge upgrade at LB to go from Bornstein to Fabian Johnson. A weakness has become a strength.

~Hercules Gomez belongs in the rotation up top.

~The official, although terrible in the first half, was much better in the 2nd half. He was on the screen the entire first 45. The second half you could hardly notice him, as it should be.

Practice Squad
    Looks like the attack is finally coming together. Is it only that way at the expense of the defense, that I don't know.

Always liked Gooch, but it seems those injuries have caught up with him. Problem is, is there anyone better than him?

Didn't get to watch the game yet because of the Devils last night, but from what I've heard the score wasn't indicative of how the US played and they looked good in the second half. Is that accurate?

I would agree that the score flattered Brasil, even though they were the better side. It just goes to show that against top teams we need our #1 side (ie Dempsey, Altidore, et al).

Gooch has become a liability
    Torres isnt big enough (and I dont just mean in stature) for that stage
    Jones is TOTALLY hit or miss

positive sides though; Bradley is excellent, Edu is starting to look comfortable, F Johnson (as everyone seems to agree) is a revalation

Brasil's goalkeeper was EXCELLENT, but I cant help but think if it were Dempsey/Donovan/Bradley on the end of that rebound its in the back of the net

Quote Originally Posted by Polidore 74/98 View Post
    I would agree that the score flattered Brasil, even though they were the better side. It just goes to show that against top teams we need our #1 side (ie Dempsey, Altidore, et al).

Gooch has become a liability
    Torres isnt big enough (and I dont just mean in stature) for that stage
    Jones is TOTALLY hit or miss

positive sides though; Bradley is excellent, Edu is starting to look comfortable, F Johnson (as everyone seems to agree) is a revalation

Brasil's goalkeeper was EXCELLENT, but I cant help but think if it were Dempsey/Donovan/Bradley on the end of that rebound its in the back of the net
    Who the **** is this guy?? Mike!?

Perhaps ... and BTW I dont know how to properly manipulate the site yet ...... but hold on tight when I do !!
    Last edited by Polidore 74/98; 05-31-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dvl7 View Post
    Looks like the attack is finally coming together. Is it only that way at the expense of the defense, that I don't know.

Always liked Gooch, but it seems those injuries have caught up with him. Problem is, is there anyone better than him?
    Clarence Goodson is actually QUITE serviceable

Quote Originally Posted by Polidore 74/98 View Post
    Perhaps ... and BTW I dont know how to properly manipulate the site yet ...... but hold on tight when I do !!
    Oh my Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Oh my Jesus.
    will the real Tim Tebow please stand up ..

.. and then kneel of couse