Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE SMART RATS ARE STARTING TO BAIL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

THE SMART RATS ARE STARTING TO BAIL

Artur Davis was first elected to Congress from Alabama in 2002. The Harvard Law School grad was quickly tapped as a rising star among Democrats. He became a Senior Whip for the Congressional Black caucus, co-chair the New Democrat Coalition and even headed up the Southern region for the Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee. His eight years in Congress showed him to be a thoughtful, independent and energetic member. Yesterday, he announced he is now a Republican.

Davis made the announcement on his blog. His own words speak louder than anything I could write.

But parties change. As I told a reporter last week, this is not Bill Clinton’s Democratic Party (and he knows that even if he can’t say it). If you have read this blog, and taken the time to look for a theme in the thousands of words (or free opposition research) contained in it, you see the imperfect musings of a voter who describes growth as a deeper problem than exaggerated inequality; who wants to radically reform the way we educate our children; who despises identity politics and the practice of speaking for groups and not one national interest; who knows that our current course on entitlements will eventually break our solvency and cause us to break promises to our most vulnerable—that is, if we don’t start the hard work of fixing it.

On the specifics, I have regularly criticized an agenda that would punish businesses and job creators with more taxes just as they are trying to thrive again. I have taken issue with an administration that has lapsed into a bloc by bloc appeal to group grievances when the country is already too fractured: frankly, the symbolism of Barack Obama winning has not given us the substance of a united country. You have also seen me write that faith institutions should not be compelled to violate their teachings because faith is a freedom, too. You’ve read that in my view, the law can’t continue to favor one race over another in offering hard-earned slots in colleges: America has changed, and we are now diverse enough that we don’t need to accommodate a racial spoils system. And you know from these pages that I still think the way we have gone about mending the flaws in our healthcare system is the wrong way—it goes further than we need and costs more than we can bear.

Taken together, these are hardly the enthusiasms of a Democrat circa 2012, and they wouldn’t be defensible in a Democratic primary. But they are the thoughts and values of ten years of learning, and seeing things I once thought were true fall into disarray. So, if I were to leave the sidelines, it would be as a member of the Republican Party that is fighting the drift in this country in a way that comes closest to my way of thinking: wearing a Democratic label no longer matches what I know about my country and its possibilities.

Do read the whole thing.

Barack Obama campaigned on changing politics in America. He certainly succeeded, but not in the way he or his supporters envisioned. Over the past decade, the progressive left has pulled off a hostile takeover of the Democrat party. Today's party is not the one of just a generation ago.

Artur Davis didn't leave the Democrat Party. The Democrat Party left Artur Davis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Davis' sentiments.

The smart people are starting to bail both parties.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4480536]I agree with Davis' sentiments.

The smart people are starting to bail both parties.[/QUOTE]

This statement doesn't make any sense.

Did you even think about it before you tried to put a positive spin on it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Starting to bail!!!

To elect the fake tie freak who believe in magical planets that suck away spirit people in their magic underwear.

F*cking dopes. Religious morons.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barack Obama doesn't believe in magic underwear.

Mitt romney does.

Enough said.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][U]Democrat Commiteewoman Resigns from Party, Cites Her Catholic Faith [/U][/B]

by Matthew Archbold Monday, May 28, 2012 8:49

Jo Ann Nardelli has been a Catholic Democrat her entire life. Her father was one before her. And she couldn't imagine a day where that wouldn't be true.

But that day was Wednesday of last week.

I read a story about Jo Ann leaving the Democratic Party and was interested because she cited her Catholic faith as the reason.

So I gave her a call. I got her machine and as I was leaving a message she picked up. She said she'd been screening her calls because so many people have been calling to say nasty things to her or just pleading with her to change her mind. But when I called, saying I was with The National Catholic Register she picked up.

She said she figured I wouldn't be too mean to her.

Nardelli has been the focus of quite the firestorm in Pennsylvania because the thing is that Jo Ann Nardelli isn't just another Democratic committeewoman. She's the president and founder of the Blair County Federation of Democratic Women, she was Vice President of the PA State Women’s Caucus, and was 1st Vice President of the PA State Federation of Democratic Women (she had been in line for the presidency of that organization in 2014). She met with Hillary Clinton, gave a rosary to Joe Biden, and appeared on the cover of US News and World Report going to Church with then Senate candidate Bob Casey Jr.

Nardelli has always been a pro-life Democrat and felt that there was always room for that position in the party. But she said that for the past few years she's felt that the party was drifting further and further away from her. She said she never shied away from speaking about her Catholic faith or her pro-life views as a Democrat.

She said that for years she hoped that she could change the party from within, make it more in line with traditional values. "I thought I could make a difference to change our party. It didn’t work," she said. "I noticed it that it’s been going more and more to the left. This is not my father’s party. I did not leave the party, the party left me."

In a letter of resignation to the Democratic party, Nardelli cited her Catholic faith.

“I respect all of you and all that I have achieved in the past. Due to personal matters and faith beliefs at this time, it is only fair to resign,” she wrote. “I will miss you all very much as you are all a part of my family; however, it is time to move forward with my life in a direction that is more in line with my faith.”

She announced her decision at a press conference at the courthouse in Hollidaysburg and standing next to her was Monsignor Anthony Little of the local parish of Saint Patrick's in Newry.

She said it started a few weeks ago, ironically as she and her husband were getting ready for Mass and watching Meet the Press when Joe Biden, a Catholic, cited his support for gay marriage.

This shocked her. She said she'd always related to Biden. She said he reminded her of her father. But this announcement shocked her. And then, shortly after, President Obama announced that he'd "evolved" into supporting gay "marriage."

And then as a Democratic committeewoman she received her agenda from the party espousing the same position. "To stand up and agree and sign off on this I couldn’t do it," she said. "So I talked to our priest."

While she didn't say what they talked about, she said Monsignor Little warned her that she would be the focus of much criticism.

His words have proved prophetic. Nardelli said she's heard from people saying she hates gays or that she's a bigot. It got so bad that she started screening her calls. And she didn't know who was calling to say something terrible or something nice to her. She said that even when Republicans call her, she's afraid to pick up simply because she doesn't know them.

"I’ve been a Democrat for over 40 years," she laughed. "I don't know any of the Republicans."

She's been shocked at how the story about her announcement has taken off with reporters calling and her phone ringing off the hook. She said that's not why she did it but she hopes some good can come out of it.

But as unsure of her future as she is, Nardelli says she simply had no other choice. When it came to choosing between her faith and her party, she chose her faith. "God is the reason for all being," she said. "We have to follow our faith."

Read more: [url]http://www.ncregister.com/blog/matthew-archbold/democrat-commiteewoman-resigns-from-party-cites-her-catholic-faith#ixzz1wP5Ir19B[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4480561]Starting to bail!!!

To elect the fake tie freak who believe in magical planets that suck away spirit people in their magic underwear.

F*cking dopes. Religious morons.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4480562]Barack Obama doesn't believe in magic underwear.

Mitt romney does.

Enough said.

It's awesome that the best thing you can come up with against Romney is to bash his faith.

Makes me think he's gonna be a pretty awesome president:cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Magic underwear.

Vote for the guy that thinks that magic underwear is real.

Magic.

F*cking.

Underwear.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4480562]Barack Obama doesn't believe in magic underwear.

Mitt romney does.

Enough said.

No Barack Hussein believes his "prophet" was taken up on a horse and golden ladder.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Golden

****ing

ladder

and believes

his

wife

dresses

fashionably

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4480578]No Barack Hussein believes his "prophet" was taken up on a horse and golden ladder.[/QUOTE]

Horse and a golden ladder is better than beliving in magic underwear people from western new York.

Magic. Underwear. Gay.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vote for a guy that believes that the garden of Eden was in Missouri.

And that a magic star exists that sucks souls from the earth.

Lmao!! STAT!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obamas political philosophy is directly opposite that of JFK. Think about it for a minute. JFK's defining speech was when he said "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

Obama's motto has been ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you. That is the gist of progressivism versus traditional center left liberalism. The food stamp president is nothing like JFK or even Bill Clinton or the democratic party of old. The one that was there before the hard line progressives (Obama, Pelosi) took over.

I have a question for the Obama voters here. If you could go back in time to the 2008 primary, knowing what you know today, would you still choose Barak over Hillary?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4480584]Vote for a guy that believes that the garden of Eden was in Missouri.

And that a magic star exists that sucks souls from the earth.

Lmao!! STAT!!

Are you a Christian? Muslim? Jew? Hindu? Let me know because it would be very easy for me to ridicule whatever religion you are. Whatever that religion is it contains lore and customs that are easily ridiculed from the outside. We are Americans. People here are free to worship however they choose. One of the things that makes our country great is that we don't ridicule or persecute folks based on their religion. Your constant troll comments are offensive. I know you like to troll and thats fine but just know that you come off as a moron.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4480592]Are you a Christian? Muslim? Jew? Hindu? Let me know because it would be very easy for me to ridicule whatever religion you are. Whatever that religion is it contains lore and customs that are easily ridiculed from the outside. We are Americans. People here are free to worship however they choose. One of the things that makes our country great is that we don't ridicule or persecute folks based on their religion. Your constant troll comments are offensive. I know you like to troll and thats fine but just know that you come off as a moron.[/QUOTE]

Is there a law against being a moron?:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4480592]Are you a Christian? Muslim? Jew? Hindu? Let me know because it would be very easy for me to ridicule whatever religion you are. Whatever that religion is it contains lore and customs that are easily ridiculed from the outside. We are Americans. People here are free to worship however they choose. One of the things that makes our country great is that we don't ridicule or persecute folks based on their religion. Your constant troll comments are offensive. I know you like to troll and thats fine but just know that you come off as a moron.[/QUOTE]

I don't belong to any religion.

Religion is stupid.

Mitt Romney belongs to a cult that believes that ALL Christians are heathans who will die.

Would you like for him to express his viewpoints on that?

He believes that YOU are a spawn of Satan...a bastion of false religion...a person who must die before his people can inherit the earth.

Think again.

Go to a town hall meeting and ask him about it.

Ask him about how his religion believes that Christians are just as evil as Muslims.

Go ask him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Republicans say that obama has attacked the catholic church because of requiring coverage of contraception.

Now you're going to elect a man whose religion teaches that Christians should be killed to rid the world of heathens in order to clear the land for Mormons?

Lolz....

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like

Some G.O.P. Foreign Policy Giants Are Tepid on Romney

[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/31/us/politics/republican-foreign-policy-establishment-slow-to-embrace-romney.html?_r=1&hp"]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/31/us/politics/republican-foreign-policy-establishment-slow-to-embrace-romney.html?_r=1&hp[/URL]

[QUOTE]

Henry A. Kissinger gave his endorsement to John McCain more than a year and a half before the last presidential election, explaining in April 2007 that Mr. McCain’s “record, character, and belief that America’s best days lie ahead” made him the “the right leader for these times.”

But with the next election barely five months away and Mitt Romney gearing up for a tough battle with Barack Obama, Mr. Kissinger, a former Republican secretary of state, remains on the sidelines. [B]The reason, according to several Republicans familiar with the matter: Concerns about Mr. Romney’s aggressive statements on trade policy toward China, a keen issue for Mr. Kissinger, who helped reopen relations with China and later, as an international consultant, has had clients with significant interests there. [/B]

As Republican leaders finally fell in behind Mr. Romney this spring, many member of the party’s foreign policy establishment have been more muted. [B]Reluctance by this group to more quickly come forward for Mr. Romney reflects an unease over some of the positions of Mr. Romney, the presumptive nominee, including his hard line on Russia and opposition to a new missile treaty[/B].

Mr. Romney will soon get a boost, however: Condoleezza Rice is expected to formally endorse him, perhaps as early as Wednesday night, when she headlines a fund-raiser for him near San Francisco, according to her aide. She would join Frank C. Carlucci, a defense secretary under President Reagan, and Stephen J. Hadley, a national security adviser under George W. Bush, in officially backing Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor. Other Republican foreign policy stalwarts are likely to ultimately endorse Mr. Romney once they get a chance to discuss their differences with him directly.

[B]But some nevertheless believe that Mr. Romney has taken approaches too confrontational or too hawkish, or worry that harsh campaign-trail statements could hurt later diplomatic efforts [/B]and may signal a drift toward neoconservative passions as the party seeks to take back the White House, say Republicans familiar with the discussions.

Some longtime deans of the Republican establishment, like [B]Brent Scowcroft, the two-time national security adviser[/B], believe the Republican Party as a whole has drifted rightward. Mr. Scowcroft declined a request for an interview, but he has recently voiced opinions that put him at odds with Mr. Romney’s pronouncements.

[B]For example, a seeming eagerness to follow the cues of Israeli leaders has at times left Mr. Romney with what appears to be a dim view of the need to press Israelis and Palestinians toward a settlement, which many old-line Republican experts see as crucial to stability in the Middle East and cultivating strong ties with the Arab world.

“I don’t think America should play the role of the leader of the peace process, instead we should stand by our ally,” he told an Israeli newspaper last year, referring to Israel.
    [/B]
    A month ago, Mr. Scowcroft criticized the Obama administration and Republicans alike as failing to push for a comprehensive Mideast settlement. In an appearance on CNN, he was then asked by Fareed Zakaria, the host, whether he was comfortable with the Republican Party. [B]Mr. Scowcroft looked down and paused before observing that “many parts of the party” now call him a “Republican in name only.”
    [/B]
    “I don’t think I’ve changed my views at all,” he added. “I think the party has moved.”

Colin Powell, who preceded Ms. Rice as Mr. Bush’s secretary of state but backed Mr. Obama in 2008, has expressed concerns about neoconservative sway within the Romney camp. [B]Some foreign policy advisers for Mr. Romney, he said, “are quite far to the right.” He has also taken strong issue with Mr. Romney’s statement that Russia is our “No. 1 geopolitical foe.”

“Come on, Mitt — think. It isn’t the case,” Mr. Powell said last week on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” adding that Mr. Romney’s comments had caught “a lot of heck from the more regular G.O.P. foreign affairs community.”
    [/B]
    [B]James M. Lindsay, director of studies at the Council on Foreign Relations, says Mr. Romney’s team “seems to be tilted more toward the neoconservative wing of the foreign policy establishment.”
    [/B]
    But he cautions not to extrapolate too much. “It matters much less who’s giving advice to the candidate and a lot more who the candidate is actually listening to.” He added: “Most people in foreign policy circles recognize that some of what is said on the campaign trail is not going to survive the transition to office.”

The Romney campaign bristles at the “neoconservative” description, and says its advisers have a range of backgrounds, including some who worked for Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Mr. Powell and Mr. Scowcroft. And they say that Mr. Romney enjoys hearing strong dissenting views.

[B]Mr. Kissinger and another Republican secretary of state who has not made an endorsement, George P. Shultz, were unavailable for interviews. They backed Mr. McCain in April 2007. [/B]

Mr. Romney will have an opportunity to make his case to Mr. Shultz at the Wednesday fund-raiser, at the Carolands mansion near Stanford University, where Mr. Shultz and Ms. Rice are at the Hoover Institution, and Ms. Rice is a professor. Both are listed as honorary co-chairs for the $2,500-a-person event. Ms. Rice, while not seen as someone who would fail to support her party’s candidate, is a moderate within the current Republican foreign policy field and could help deflect Mr. Powell’s criticism.

Another former Republican secretary of state, James A. Baker III, backed Mr. McCain in February 2008, and he said last year that Mr. Romney would make the strongest Republican nominee. Mr. Baker intends to endorse Mr. Romney in the general election, according to his policy assistant, John Williams, who said Mr. Baker was “120 percent behind Mitt Romney,” and that “there have been conversations going back and forth” with the campaign.

Former Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld was not available for comment, an aide said. But he came to Mr. Romney’s aid earlier this month, saying it was not a tough decision for President Obama to attack Osama bin Laden’s compound, a comment that buttressed Mr. Romney as he complained that Mr. Obama was politicizing the anniversary of the raid in Abbottabad, Pakistan, during which Bin Laden was killed.

Romney advisers also saw a silver lining in Mr. Powell’s comments, noting that he said in a different interview that he owed the Republican Party consideration before an endorsement, and even called Mr. Romney a “good man.” (Mr. Powell has not endorsed Mr. Obama for a second term; he waited until a few weeks before the election to give him his backing last time.)

But the advisers acknowledge it has been slow going soliciting some Republican foreign policy luminaries, who want to gauge whether Mr. Romney’s statements are anything more than hawkish pronouncements during a nominating contest, or who want to use their prospective endorsement to influence the campaign’s approach.

“They want to make sure they get an honest hearing on what they disagree with him on,” said one Republican close to the campaign. [B]“If I tell you I’m with you 110 percent, there may be a fear that you’ll stop listening to me at that point.”
    [/B]
    [/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4480610]Republicans say that obama has attacked the catholic church because of requiring coverage of contraception.

Now you elected a man whose religion teaches that Christians should be killed to rid the world of infidels an Jooz in order to clear the land for Islam?

Lolz....

Troof!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having.... a petulant frenzy!

I'm petulant!!!!

[SIZE="4"]AND I'M HAVING A FRENZY!!![/SIZE]