Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Rex at Stanley Cup

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=JStokes;4483449]No, you represent you. You are the farthest thing from a representative Ranger fan, or a hockey fan for that matter.

I've lived amongst Ranger fans since the 6th grade, I've known thousands over the years. Penguins? Capitals? Islanders? Too funny.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't know what else to tell you.

[/QUOTE]

Why does it bother you that Rangers fans don't care when your team is in the Stanley Cup Finals?

Take pride in your team. Don't worry yourself over how little the Rangers fan cares about the Devils. You have a good team, a good franchise, you've won 2 or 3 Cups. That's good stuff right there. Be happy with it. Stop looking for validation from big brother, little brother.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4483456]You are clueless... Representative of the Rangers fanbase? I have been going to Devils/Rangers at MSG for years and those are amped games...
    Since you are the expert, why do Ranger fans chant "Marty" if they treat the Devil games the same as the Coyotes?[/QUOTE]

Because, up until this season, we've pwned Mr. Brodeur and it's a tactic that's gotten into his head in the past. We Rangers fans do it to any other goaltender we'd face in the Conference Finals. Don't be too flattered there.

The Devils are a good hockey club. Props to you. Doesn't change the fact that Rangers fans don't care. Not only aren't we rooting for the Kings right now, we're not even watching the finals at all. Rangers fans care about the Rangers. Devils fans care about the Rangers. Enough. Go care about the Devils. We don't need any more fan interest thank you very much.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=JStokes;4483460]Too funny, SAR feigning indifference to the Devils with their "2 or 3 cups".

He knows damn well how many they have, but he can't admit it because he knows, like ALL Ranger fans know.

And they detest the Devils for it.

All of them.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know what to tell you. I'm a huge hockey fan, but I don't know how many Cups the Red Wings, Stars, and Devils collected. I'm a Rangers fan.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4484061]I don't know what to tell you. I'm a huge hockey fan, but I don't know how many Cups the Red Wings, Stars, and Devils collected. I'm a Rangers fan.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Well the number is 3. As in 3 since we won our last Cup. God bless you for being OK with the 1 Cup we won 18 years ago (can't believe it has been that long), but the rest of us want more. Shame on us for being "bad fans".

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4484056]Why does it bother you that Rangers fans don't care when your team is in the Stanley Cup Finals?

Take pride in your team. Don't worry yourself over how little the Rangers fan cares about the Devils. You have a good team, a good franchise, you've won 2 or 3 Cups. That's good stuff right there. Be happy with it. Stop looking for validation from big brother, little brother.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Why does it bother you that millions of Ranger fans are being eaten up by the Devils success over the last 15 years while their Rangers have sucked under Glen Sather?? 17 year olds, 25 year olds, 40 year olds, 60 year olds--professionals, blue colllar, no collar--they whole lot of them.

I guess they would be considered real fans, not bandwagon fans.

Why do you even care about the Rangers at all?

You got yours, you're a low standard Ranger fan, hockey really doesn't exist for you anymore. The very definition of a bandwagon fan, reveling in an ancient Cup from 18 years ago. You're just like a true Met fan reveling in a WS from back in 1986. That's you, a true Met fan.

REAL Ranger fans (I only know about 100) are not happy.

Older brother, younger brother and my Dad--all high (or is it low) standard Yankee fans are not happy--my two broithers and a bunch of guys at work texting me vitriol during the games.

It's okay when the little brother takes over the star from the bigger failure brother.

Not sure why it bothers you so much. Given your low standards.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4484070]Well the number is 3. As in 3 since we won our last Cup. God bless you for being OK with the 1 Cup we won 18 years ago (can't believe it has been that long), but the rest of us want more. Shame on us for being "bad fans".[/QUOTE]

Don't take the schtick bait--he knows it's 3, he's just feigning ignorance (which is easy for him) because he can't appear to be too interested in the Devils or their success.

He's a bandwagon fan, got his and is satisfied.

Low standards. Like the "true Met fan" he is always schticking about.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4483518]You never saw Bernie Parent in 1973-74 and 1974-75. Vezina and Conn Smythe both years, 2 consecutive Cups.

Hated him, just like all the Flyers, but for that 2 year stretch no one was better.

He was incredible.

_[/QUOTE]

Your'e right. I should have said "anyone I have ever seen".

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484074]Don't take the schtick bait--he knows it's 3, he's just feigning ignorance (which is easy for him) because he can't appear to be too interested in the Devils or their success.

He's a bandwagon fan, got his and is satisfied.

Low standards. Like the "true Met fan" he is always schticking about.

_[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what he is doing. He is trying to minimize the 3 Cups by acting like he doesn't know how many there are b.c they are unimportant to him and Ranger fans. Which is complete BS.

Truth is over the past 20 years the Devils are as good an organization as there is in any sport. The Rangers on the other hand . . . Lets just say I am glad Torts has come around b.c he has them going in the right direction.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4484070]Well the number is 3. As in 3 since we won our last Cup. God bless you for being OK with the 1 Cup we won 18 years ago (can't believe it has been that long), but the rest of us want more. Shame on us for being "bad fans".[/QUOTE]

You're not a bad fan; you're just not representative of the fanbase as a whole.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=JStokes;4484071]Why does it bother you that millions of Ranger fans are being eaten up by the Devils success over the last 15 years while their Rangers have sucked under Glen Sather?? 17 year olds, 25 year olds, 40 year olds, 60 year olds--professionals, blue colllar, no collar--they whole lot of them.

I guess they would be considered real fans, not bandwagon fans.

Why do you even care about the Rangers at all?

You got yours, you're a low standard Ranger fan, hockey really doesn't exist for you anymore. The very definition of a bandwagon fan, reveling in an ancient Cup from 18 years ago. You're just like a true Met fan reveling in a WS from back in 1986. That's you, a true Met fan.

REAL Ranger fans (I only know about 100) are not happy.

Older brother, younger brother and my Dad--all high (or is it low) standard Yankee fans are not happy--my two broithers and a bunch of guys at work texting me vitriol during the games.

It's okay when the little brother takes over the star from the bigger failure brother.

Not sure why it bothers you so much. Given your low standards.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps your friends and family are all putting on a good show for you since you seem so needy for Blueshirt attention? Maybe they know that you won't feel complete with your Devils 2 or 3 Cup dominance without knowing that MSG fans are suffering?

Don't know much about Stokes family dynamics; just know that Rangers fans don't care that the Devils won a few Cups. We got ours, we're a young team that spiked a bit early, no worries for us. We're fans of an Original Six team. We know how to act. Just like Yankees fans. Obvious why you can't relate.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4484088]I know exactly what he is doing. He is trying to minimize the 3 Cups by acting like he doesn't know how many there are b.c they are unimportant to him and Ranger fans. Which is complete BS.

Truth is over the past 20 years the Devils are as good an organization as there is in any sport. The Rangers on the other hand . . . Lets just say I am glad Torts has come around b.c he has them going in the right direction.[/QUOTE]

I truly do not know how many Cups the Devils have won. I know it's at least 2, perhaps 3.

Rangers fans do not care about the Devils at all, only that a few weeks ago they fairly and rightfully ended our season. The rest of it, the history, Brodeur, blah blah, is all a big nothing to us, might as well have been the Atlanta Thrashers. When we lose, our year is over. The New York Rangers haven't had a 'rivalry' since the Islanders went soft in 1990.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4484139]I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps your friends and family are all putting on a good show for you since you seem so needy for Blueshirt attention? Maybe they know that you won't feel complete with your Devils 2 or 3 Cup dominance without knowing that MSG fans are suffering?

Don't know much about Stokes family dynamics; just know that Rangers fans don't care that the Devils won a few Cups. We got ours, we're a young team that spiked a bit early, no worries for us. We're fans of an Original Six team. We know how to act. Just like Yankees fans. Obvious why you can't relate.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL--you're representative of YOU. You're Ranger fandom is just like what you accuse Met fandom of.

Every true Ranger fan is fully chapped by this recent show of outstanding hockey by the devils, but being a mypoic narcissist, you choose to ignore it.

A MILLION Ranger fans HATE what the Devils have done. And every single one I know.

I don't know what else to tell you.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4484144] The New York Rangers haven't had a 'rivalry' since the Islanders went soft in 1990.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Too funny, yet you mention a Ranger rivalry with the Penguins and the Capitals last page :eek: . That's almost sub-moronic--like you heard about 2 NHL teams and you figure you'd throw them out there and hope no real Ranger fan would notice.

Hey Jordy--how's that Rangers-Penguins rivalry chapping your ass these days?

You are so full of sh*t it's coming out of your ears.

Hey, gotta go, got a Stanley Cup Finals to watch. Have fun playing with yourself.

_

[QUOTE=SAR I;4484144]I truly do not know how many Cups the Devils have won. I know it's at least 2, perhaps 3.

Rangers fans do not care about the Devils at all, only that a few weeks ago they fairly and rightfully ended our season. The rest of it, the history, Brodeur, blah blah, is all a big nothing to us, might as well have been the Atlanta Thrashers. When we lose, our year is over. The New York Rangers haven't had a 'rivalry' since the Islanders went soft in 1990.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Actually, most Ranger fans do like to talk trash about the Devils and it is a good rivalry. If you've ever gone to a Devils-Rangers game you would know that. You clearly know nothing about hockey.

P.S. the Rags blow..go Devils.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Sanchise;4484159]Actually, most Ranger fans do like to talk trash about the Devils and it is a good rivalry. If you've ever gone to a Devils-Rangers game you would know that. You clearly know nothing about hockey.

P.S. the Rags blow..go Devils.[/QUOTE]

What's truly funny is that your team beat my team and I'm perfectly happy and you're miserable. My team has 1 Cup in my lifetime and yours has 2 or 3 and I'm perfectly happy and you're miserable. My team has a dumpy old arena and yours has a tremendous new one and I'm perfectly happy and you're miserable.

No Rangers fan cares about the Devils. I'm sorry that ruins your Stanley Cup Finals appearance, not my problem.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=JStokes;4484158]

Too funny, yet you mention a Ranger rivalry with the Penguins and the Capitals last page . That's almost sub-moronic--like you heard about 2 NHL teams and you figure you'd throw them out there and hope no real Ranger fan would notice.

You are so full of sh*t it's coming out of your ears.

Hey, gotta go, got a Stanley Cup Finals to watch. Have fun playing with yourself.

[/QUOTE]

The Penguins were responsible for the Rangers demise for years and years in the 90's just as the Capitals were for years and years in the 00's. They beat us on the ice, soundly, crushing us for long periods. Call them our 'short term rivals' if you will, teams that made our skin crawl. Was very satisfying to beat Ovechkin this year.

Long-term rivals of the Rangers would be the Islanders of the 80's and the Flyers of the 70's. Teams in our own division that won year after year, dominated us.

The Devils? LOL. For the most part, the Rangers pwned their little brothers constantly, especially in the postseason. You beat us this year, sucks for us, good for you, we're not crying because we lost to the Devils; we're sad simply because we [I]lost[/I].

Did you just write that Game 3 is tonight? I'm looking on NBC and there's no game on. Are you on the West Coast perhaps? Different time zone? Surely if an NHL Finals game was on it would be covered by the big networks.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Sanchise;4484159]Actually, most Ranger fans do like to talk trash about the Devils and it is a good rivalry. If you've ever gone to a Devils-Rangers game you would know that. You clearly know nothing about hockey.

P.S. the Rags blow..go Devils.[/QUOTE]

How old are you? 15? You just dumped your girlfriend, have a better looking one now. Not good enough? Need to make sure your ex finds out how much better you're doing without her?

Junior high school is over. Grow up.

SAR I

I've never seen someone write so much about something they say they don't care about.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;4484186]I've never seen someone write so much about something they say they don't care about.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen PatsFanTx's spygate posts?

[QUOTE=SAR I;4484180]What's truly funny is that your team beat my team and I'm perfectly happy and you're miserable. My team has 1 Cup in my lifetime and yours has 2 or 3 and I'm perfectly happy and you're miserable. My team has a dumpy old arena and yours has a tremendous new one and I'm perfectly happy and you're miserable.

No Rangers fan cares about the Devils. I'm sorry that ruins your Stanley Cup Finals appearance, not my problem.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I'm actually very happy. Just felt the need to educate you a bit. You like the Mets of hockey SAR, accept it and move on.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4484187]Have you seen PatsFanTx's spygate posts?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately yes.