Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Rex at Stanley Cup

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4484506]The Rangers fans are only responding in retaliation for the dirt-thrown their way by you over the years. When you were a Mets fan, all those long, long weeks ago, it's how you used to behave towards [I]them[/I], remember? Just some text payback.

Anyways, good season for the Devils. Unexpected run to the Finals, beat the Rangers, congrats. I, for one, went to The Rock for the first time and it was a great experience. Great arena, very nice fans, security let my son down by the glass to catch a puck, really enjoyed ourselves. Best of luck next season. Maybe we can organize a JI Rangers/Devils game in Newark, would be fun.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Now much better post....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4484506]The Rangers fans are only responding in retaliation for the dirt-thrown their way by you over the years. When you were a Mets fan, all those long, long weeks ago, it's how you used to behave towards [I]them[/I], remember? Just some text payback.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

It's called a RIVALRY. I grew up amongst Yankee and Ranger and Knick and Islander and Giant fans, live and work amongst them now. Thousand of them over the years, my best and closest friends, my extended family, 2 of my own kids for that matter are freaking Yankee fans. All walks of life, some are guys I played hockey with for 15 years.

The texts (well the taunts) started in 1969 and have never let up because that's what real fans do. And it's constantly turning depending who is then on top.

I get that you feign you don't care, but you are a population of one.

If you don't think Yankee fans care about the Mets (well, when they were actually good a few years ago) or that the vitriol won't bubble back if the current pace keeps up, feel free to schtick your head in the sand. In the mid-1980s the Mets owned NY. That matters nothing now.

If the Jets go to the playoffs next year and the Giants don't--I know 100 Giant fans who are going to be dying--and they know the SB taunts will be hollow--it's all about what have you done for me lately.

But of all my friends, family, co-workers, business associates, etc., the Rangers jealousy over the Devils is the most intense right now. Probably because most true hockey fans are REALLY fans of the sport. 1994 means nothing to them now--it's ancient history.

You can continue to blather on, but no one really believes you, not that you care, nor does anyone else really give a crap that you don't care.

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 06-05-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4484419]lol. Did Billy Smith leave any seeds behind?[/QUOTE]

Ask me some time about the time I met Billy and his wife in a blacked out state in a hotel one night and hung out with them all night drinking, but still have no recollection of it - I only know because he said hi to me the next day and I pieced it together. Fun guy, we hung the next night too. Took me about halfway through the 2nd night to realize who he was, even though we apparently had talked about the Isles glory years for a while the night before.

Booze :O

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484525]Yup.

You can continue to blather on, but no one really believes you, not that you care, nor does anyone else really give a crap that you don't care.

_[/QUOTE]

I believe SAR. And, I'm glad he has made it clear that he doesn't care, because I don't care either.

As a Ranger fan since the early '70s, I consider the Flyers, Bruins, and Canadiens to be our rivals. The Bruins winning last year sucked, I hate the Bruins.

Couldn't care less about New Jersey.
    Last edited by Owen Reed; 06-05-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484538]I believe SAR. And, I'm glad he has made it clear that he doesn't care, because I don't care either.

As a Ranger fan since the early '70s, I consider the Flyers, Bruins, and Canadiens to be our rivals. The Bruins winning last year sucked, I hate the Bruins.

Couldn't care less about New Jersey.[/QUOTE]

That's TWO of you :yes:

I actually grew up a Bruins fan, but I stopped following the NHL when I was playing in HS and college, picked up the Devils when my wife forced me to move to NJ :O . Was happy for them last year, that was a solid moment for the NHL. Love seeing the original 6 win. Well, except the Rangers--me and my buds had some battles back in the 70's :D

_

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484417]I don't know, the Kings just look to be a better team this series. They have completely shut down our power play, and they are burying their chances and Quick has been incredible. The Devils have two goals the entire series and one they didn't even score. I think most of the playoff series (at least in the East) were very evenly matched. This one isn't very even--Quick is the main reason.

Funny, I got 9 texts last night from buddies and or/work colleagues throwing dirt on my Devils, burying them. One Islander fan, one Vancouver Canuck fan, two Bruin fans and five Ranger fans.

_[/QUOTE]

We could have easily won Game 1 or 2 but we did not connect on our chances. Clarkson missed two wide open nets in game 1. They completely dominated us last night and I just hope we win game 4.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484538]I believe SAR. And, I'm glad he has made it clear that he doesn't care, because I don't care either.

Couldn't care less about New Jersey.[/QUOTE]

Ha!

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4484520]Now much better post....[/QUOTE]

Let's organize a [I]"Jets Insider Rangers vs. Devils"[/I] night next season. We'll get a block of tickets so we can sit together.

Is your tailgate multi-sport or is it only for NFL games?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484525]Yup.

It's called a RIVALRY.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's called [i]The Stokes Family Rivalry[/i] and it's very quaint. I used to work with three diehard Pittsburgh Steelers fans, used to get nasty texts when we lost to them, send a nasty text back when we'd win. Doesn't mean there's a deep-rooted Jets/Steelers rivalry amongst the fanbases.

Your sitch isn't the way typical Rangers fans feel about the Devils. If you look closely, you can smell the ambivalence.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4484583]Yes. It's called [i]The Stokes Family Rivalry[/i] and it's very quaint. I used to work with three diehard Pittsburgh Steelers fans, used to get nasty texts when we lost to them, send a nasty text back when we'd win. Doesn't mean there's a deep-rooted Jets/Steelers rivalry amongst the fanbases.

Your sitch isn't the way typical Rangers fans feel about the Devils. If you look closely, you can smell the ambivalence.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

No, nothing to do with the Stokes Family, it's EVERY Ranger fan and true hockey fan out there. You can't STAND that there is no abivalence.

Look at you, you can't keep away from this thread. And YOU'RE the one that brought up an inferiority complex in the first place. Just like a true Met fan.

You and Rodger Vick.

What a pair.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who thinks that the Rangers have a bigger rivalry with the Bruins and Canadiens, over the Devils just doesn't watch or get into hockey. I've been watching hockey as long as anyone here and the Canadians and Bruins are not rivals any more, the schedule has changed that forever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4484611]Anyone who thinks that the Rangers have a bigger rivalry with the Bruins and Canadiens, over the Devils just doesn't watch or get into hockey. I've been watching hockey as long as anyone here and the Canadians and Bruins are not rivals any more, the schedule has changed that forever.[/QUOTE]

You are trying to make a point to myopic bandwagon fan. One that truly doesn't understand what happened when the Divisions were created. Boston and Montreal aren't even in the same Division anymore, but lets harken back to the 70's.

That's like saying the Jets have a rivalry with the Colts because of all those old-time AFC East battles.

Thinks the Capitals are a bigger rivalry than someone in their own Division, that's won multiple Cups and put together a mini-dynasty over a 10 year period right in their back yard.

Too funny.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4484611]Anyone who thinks that the Rangers have a bigger rivalry with the Bruins and Canadiens, over the Devils just doesn't watch or get into hockey. I've been watching hockey as long as anyone here and the Canadians and Bruins are not rivals any more, the schedule has changed that forever.[/QUOTE]

I have news for you. Outside of Manalapan, no one cares about the Devils.

The Bruins winning the cup last year, and the Flyers even being in the finals the year before, were far more painful experiences for Ranger fans than anything New Jersey has ever done.

I consider Detroit and Chicago to be bigger rivals, even though they are in a different conference. (Although, admittedly, I was kind of happy for Blackhawk fans when they broke their drought a couple of years ago.)

Sorry if that ruffles your feathers. Good luck the rest of the way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484620]I have news for you. Outside of Manalapan, no one cares about the Devils.

[/QUOTE]

Too funny. It's not a national thing, it's a local thing. Nobody cares about the Islanders outside of Nassau County, no one cares about the Sabers outside of Erie County, nobody cares about the Caps outside of the Beltway, nobody cares about the Panthers outside of wherever they are from.

But within the local area, the rivalries thrive.

Detroit? Chicago? LOL.

You probably still think Ali and Frazier still have a good rivalry going on.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484620]I have news for you. Outside of Manalapan, no one cares about the Devils.
    [/QUOTE]

LOLz! Post of the thread.

...because it's largely true.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484658]Too funny. It's not a national thing, it's a local thing. Nobody cares about the Islanders outside of Nassau County, no one cares about the Sabers outside of Erie County, nobody cares about the Caps outside of the Beltway, nobody cares about the Panthers outside of wherever they are from.

But within the local area, the rivalries thrive.

Detroit? Chicago? LOL.

You probably still think Ali and Frazier still have a good rivalry going on.

_[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why this bothers you so much.

Bottom line, from a Ranger fan perspective: Watching the Bruins raise the cup last year was bothersome. If the Flyers were ever to win the cup again, I'd have the taste of bile in my mouth for as long as they retained the cup.

New Jersey? Meh. No different than if Colorado, Carolina or Columbus were to win. Just another team as far as I'm concerned.

I hope New Jersey wins the next four games, it would be cool to see a team come bask from a 3-0 deficit. I'm actually going to root for it to happen since I like you and I know how important the Devils are to you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484671]I don't understand why this bothers you so much.

New Jersey? Meh. No different than if Colorado, Carolina or Columbus were to win. Just another team as far as I'm concerned.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just like pointing out the hypocrisy of the low standard Met fan mentality of the resident low standard Ranger fan. It amuses me.

Besides, you know that's bullsh*t. Colorado, Carolina or Columbus? Really?

It's funny how much this all bothers you Ranger fans trying to convince everyone it doesn't bother you.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484678]Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just like pointing out the hypocrisy of the low standard Met fan mentality of the resident low standard Ranger fan. It amuses me.

Besides, you know that's bullsh*t. Colorado, Carolina or Columbus? Really?

It's funny how much this all bothers you Ranger fans trying to convince everyone it doesn't bother you.

_[/QUOTE]

Fine.

Like I said, I like you. And, if it will make you feel better, I'll feign hatred for the Devils...

OK...here goes..

Darn those Devils! I don't like you! You're so darn Devilish! I don't like you at all! I hope you never win another game ever again you darn devilish Devils!

OK?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484687]Fine.

Like I said, I like you. And, if it will make you feel better, I'll feign hatred for the Devils...

OK...here goes..

Darn those Devils! I don't like you! You're so darn Devilish! I don't like you at all! I hope you never win another game ever again you darn devilish Devils!

OK?[/QUOTE]

It's ok, I have plenty of real life lifelong Ranger fan friends and co-workers that hate the Devils, don't need any fake ones.

You know my Mom was a Ranger fan, right? :D

_

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

The Bruins winning the cup last year, and the Flyers even being in the finals the year before, were far more painful experiences for Ranger fans than anything New Jersey has ever done.

I consider Detroit and Chicago to be bigger rivals, even though they are in a different conference. (Although, admittedly, I was kind of happy for Blackhawk fans when they broke their drought a couple of years ago.)

Sorry if that ruffles your feathers. Good luck the rest of the way.[/QUOTE]

I'm a Ranger fan. Had season tix in the 80's & 90's.

Outside of Manalapan? You'd be dead wrong, no matter how many times you say that you consider.

Only a fool would ignore neighbors 25 miles away who have won multiple championships and get angry or bothered by a team winning a championship every 30 years or by making it to the finals.

Maybe you should watch or go to a game instead of reading through your 1979 yearbook.