Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: OT: Rex at Stanley Cup

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4484768]How much does one have to pay a mod to close this stupid thread?[/QUOTE]

Why even open it?

Takes more time to post your whine than to just close the thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4484761]Knicks fans are the best fans in the NBA, I'll stick by that 100%. Name a better fanbase.[/QUOTE]

You're delusional. Packers, St. Louis Cards, Indians, Cubs, Red Sox, Raiders crazies, Phillies, Miami Heat, Steelers, Chicago Bulls, Flyers, Cinncy Reds, Celtics--there are 100 great fanbases. Knick fans just THINK they're the best because they've been around forever and of the myopia already shown in this thread.

Let's see the video of Willis Reed limping out of the pocker room again and recall the greatness. :rolleyes:

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484804]You're delusional. Packers, St. Louis Cards, Indians, Cubs, Red Sox, Raiders crazies, Phillies, Miami Heat, Steelers, Chicago Bulls, Flyers, Cinncy Reds, Celtics--there are 100 great fanbases. Knick fans just THINK they're the best because they've been around forever and of the myopia already shown in this thread.

Let's see the video of Willis Reed limping out of the pocker room again and recall the greatness. :rolleyes:

_[/QUOTE]

If you think the Heat have better fans than the Knicks, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Celtics you can argue that, fine. I don't buy it, but the Celtics have great fans.

The Heat? Is that a joke?

EDIT: And I'm obviously not comparing between sports, that's impossible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4484755]The following example will always define the two franchises:

1) The Rangers win the Stanley Cup in '94, their victory parade is a ticker tape down Broadway.

2) The Devils win the Stanley Cup in '95, their victory parade is a tailgate party in the Meadowlands parking lot.

THAT'S what defines the difference between the two franchises. Like it or not Devils fans.[/QUOTE]

Oh Jordy Jordy Jordy.

That's the difference between all New York franchises and every other franchise in the world.

Who else in the WORLD has the Canyon of Heroes?

No one.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484804]You're delusional. Packers, St. Louis Cards, Indians, Cubs, Red Sox, Raiders crazies, Phillies, Miami Heat, Steelers, Chicago Bulls, Flyers, Cinncy Reds, Celtics--there are 100 great fanbases. Knick fans just THINK they're the best because they've been around forever and of the myopia already shown in this thread.

_[/QUOTE]

You're nuts.

The Heat played in front of an empty arena prior to signing Lebron in 2010 - and that was in spite of winning a championship in 2006 and several other seasons with winning records and playoff berths.

Knicks fans have been filling up MSG for the previous 10 years prior to Carmelo and Amare when they were the worst or one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4484755]The following example will always define the two franchises:

1) The Rangers win the Stanley Cup in '94, their victory parade is a ticker tape down Broadway.

2) The Devils win the Stanley Cup in '95, their victory parade is a tailgate party in the Meadowlands parking lot.

THAT'S what defines the difference between the two franchises. Like it or not Devils fans.[/QUOTE]

Obviously if an NY team wins the parade will be bigger, but..

3 parking lot parties > 1 parade down Broadway.

Thats the REAL difference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4484762]Devils have a good following in Bergen County...[/QUOTE]

Devils average attendance for 2011-2012 was 15,396 per game. Not great but not terrible either. If anyone listened to bonebrained Rangers fans they'd think the Devils' where drawing less than 500 people per game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4484808]If you think the Heat have better fans than the Knicks, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Celtics you can argue that, fine. I don't buy it, but the Celtics have great fans.

The Heat? Is that a joke?

EDIT: And I'm obviously not comparing between sports, that's impossible.[/QUOTE]

I've been to a Heat game since Lebron goth there and it was as intense as anything I've ever seen at a Knick game--and I've been going to Knick games since the late 70s. South Beach style versus Broadway.

All I'm saying is, Knick fans have an inflated sense of themselves and their team.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4484812]You're nuts.

The Heat played in front of an empty arena prior to signing Lebron in 2010 - and that was in spite of winning a championship in 2006 and several other seasons with winning records and playoff berths.

Knicks fans have been filling up MSG for the previous 10 years prior to Carmelo and Amare when they were the worst or one of the worst teams in the NBA.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about post-Lebron. It's South Beach city for those games.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484827]I was talking about post-Lebron. It's South Beach city for those games.

_[/QUOTE]

That's b/c Miami fans are fair-weather fans. I have friends from Miami and they even admit that. They can't even sell out home Dolphins games.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4484820]Devils average attendance for 2011-2012 was 15,396 per game. Not great but not terrible either. If anyone listened to bonebrained Rangers fans they'd think the Devils' where drawing less than 500 people per game.[/QUOTE]

That puts them at 80 something percent capacity and 24 in the league.

In a hockey town.

It is terrible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4484779]And yet they still generate more revenue and are worth more than any team in the NBA.[/QUOTE]

That Linsanity was amazing for the 20 days that it lasted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4484832]That puts them at 80 something percent capacity and 24 in the league.

In a hockey town.

It is terrible.[/QUOTE]

NJ is a hockey town? I didn't know somehow it was supposed to rank up there with Montreal, Detroit, Boston and Vancouver.

Move on to the NFL please. Your Rangers choked and now your only card is "Devils only fill 80% capacity during regular season."

[B]That is effin lame.[/B]
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 06-05-2012 at 03:21 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4484838]That Linsanity was amazing for the 20 days that it lasted.[/QUOTE]

It'll be pretty amazing next several years too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484821]I've been to a Heat game [B]since Lebron goth there [/B]and it was as intense as anything I've ever seen at a Knick game--and I've been going to Knick games since the late 70s. South Beach style versus Broadway. [/quote]

You're kind of missing the point as far as what makes a good fanbase, no? Oh, you signed the best player in the entire game and people decided to show up for a "south beach style" party? That's pretty much the definition of crappy fairweather fans.

Sorry, but Heat fans are a complete joke. They're near the bottom of the NBA, IMO -- Miami is an awful sports town for all sports.

Heck, Bill Simmons mentioned in his column that a Lakers fan buddy said that Knicks/Lakers at MSG was louder this year than Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals.

[quote]All I'm saying is, Knick fans have an inflated sense of themselves and their team.

_[/QUOTE]

Don't disagree with this. We're New Yorkers. We've been believing we're better than everyone else for our entire lives.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4484832]That puts them at 80 something percent capacity and 24 in the league.

In a hockey town.

It is terrible.[/QUOTE]

If the total number of fans meant anything, then our Jets are def the red headed stepchild in this market. It does not.... Go to a Ranger/Hurricane game on the Tuesday night in January and there are plenty of empty seats at MSG. Corporate STH make up most of the MSG crowd....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4484838]That Linsanity was amazing for the 20 days that it lasted.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a point?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4484844]It'll be pretty amazing next several years too.[/QUOTE]

I hope it does as a Knicks fan... Linsanity showed that when the Knicks win, they rule the roost in NYC....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4484847][B]If the total number of fans meant anything, then our Jets are def the red headed stepchild in this market.[/B] It does not.... Go to a Ranger/Hurricane game on the Tuesday night in January and there are plenty of empty seats at MSG. Corporate STH make up most of the MSG crowd....[/QUOTE]

No they're not.

They're easily ahead of the Nets and ALL of the hockey teams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was a good thread, but it has obviously run it's course.