Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: OT: Rex at Stanley Cup

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4484842]NJ is a hockey town? I didn't know somehow it was supposed to rank up there with Montreal, Detroit, Boston and Vancouver.

Move on to the NFL please. Your Rangers choked and now your only card is "Devils only fill 80% capacity during regular season."

[B]That is effin lame.[/B][/QUOTE]

If you're telling me that the NE, Metro NY area is not a hockey town youre fos.

If you want to name 4 prime cities, like a fool, go ahead.

They ranked 24th, not 5th. Would have been lower if they didn't get the Rangers in the building ensuring a sellout.

Rangers choked? If that the Rangers where the better team and lost makes the second rate Devil fan base happy, go ahead and bask in your glory.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-05-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4484847]If the total number of fans meant anything, then our Jets are def the red headed stepchild in this market. It does not.... Go to a Ranger/Hurricane game on the Tuesday night in January and there are plenty of empty seats at MSG. Corporate STH make up most of the MSG crowd....[/QUOTE]

As is the case with every sport that's not football. Bad matchups give you smaller crowds.

But it's nowhere near the issue with the Rangers as it is with the Devils.

No matter how many show up, the Garden is sold out. Tickets have been bought.

And corp STH don't make up most of the crowd, thats bs. And it's not like corp entities don't buy seats at the Rock.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4484863]If you're telling me that the NE, Metro NY area is not a hockey town youre fos.

If you want to name 4 cities, like a fool, go ahead.

They ranked 24th, not 5th.

Rangers choked? If that the Rangers where the better team and lost makes the second rate Devil fan base happy, go ahead and bask in your glory.[/QUOTE]

Hockey is the 4th most popular sport in the NY/NJ area after baseball, football and basketball. The Devils, who according to you and all the bitter Rangers fans, play in an empty arena actually have a higher average attendance than the Islanders. You can spin the stats all you want 15,396 is not nearly as bad as people like you make it out to be.

Most sh*t talking Rangers fans don't even know what the Devils average attendance is.

And yes the Rangers absolutely choked. They were the higher seeded team. Home ice advantage They had the big-time celebrity goalie in Lundquist and they didn't even have to go through the Penguins yet it was the lowly 6th seeded Devils and a 40 year old goalie who beat them handily in 6 games.

But please, keep telling me I'm "fos".
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 06-05-2012 at 04:43 PM.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4484877]Hockey is the 4th most popular sport in the NY/NJ area after baseball, football and basketball. The Devils, who according to you and all the bitter Rangers fans, play in an empty arena actually have a higher average attendance than the Islanders. You can spin the stats all you want 15,396 is not nearly as bad as people like you make it out to be.

Most sh*t talking Rangers fans don't even know what the Devils average attendance is.

And yes the Rangers absolutely choked. They were the higher seeded team. Home ice advantage They had the big-time celebrity goalie in Lundquist and they didn't even have to go through the Penguins yet it was the lowly 6th seeded Devils and a 40 year old goalie who beat them handily in 6 games.

But please, keep telling me I'm "fos".[/QUOTE]

What team do you root for?

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4484798]Why even open it?

Takes more time to post your whine than to just close the thread.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. But, just like a bad auto wreck.... have to look to see.. not gore and carnage, but abject stupidity.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Hockey is big in NJ, how many HS teams and rinks do you have where you are? 9 million people in NJ, South Jersey=Flyers fans @ 3.5 million, North Jersey 5.5 million= some Ranger fans that stayed fans, other fans, rest Devil fans to draw from what's left of 5.5. VS. Rangers drawing off of the Tri-state 20 million, some Islanders fans, other fans, Rangers better sell out even if they are not winning.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4484896]Hockey is big in NJ, how many HS teams and rinks do you have where you are? 9 million people in NJ, South Jersey=Flyers fans @ 3.5 million, North Jersey 5.5 million= some Ranger fans that stayed fans, other fans, rest Devil fans to draw from what's left of 5.5. VS. Rangers drawing off of the Tri-state 20 million, some Islanders fans, other fans, Rangers better sell out even if they are not winning.[/QUOTE]

I used to play hockey in the Mennen Arena in Morristown when I was a kid. Is that still there?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484902]I used to play hockey in the Mennen Arena in Morristown when I was a kid. Is that still there?[/QUOTE]

Yes, were did you live or play for?

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484889]What team do you root for?[/QUOTE]

Two Teams: Devils & whoever is playing the Rangers

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4484906]Two Teams: Devils & whoever is playing the Rangers[/QUOTE]

See, that's the difference.

Ranger fans only root for one team.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4484904]Yes, were did you live or play for?[/QUOTE]

I lived in Cedar Knolls. I played for a youth team sponsored by Revlon. This was back in the late '70s.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484909]I lived in Cedar Knolls. I played for a youth team sponsored by Revlon. This was back in the late '70s.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, spent a lot of time in that rink as does all the youth and HS teams around here plenty of late night partying with practice there, and South Mountain Arena in HS. I was 13 in 78' don't know if we ever crossed paths?

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4484914]Yeah, spent a lot of time in that rink as does all the youth and HS teams around here plenty of late night partying with practice there, and South Mountain Arena in HS. I was 13 in 78' don't know if we ever crossed paths?[/QUOTE]

It's possible. I would have been 11 in '78. We moved to CT before I started HS, but my sisters went to Whippany Park HS. Small world!

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4484870]As is the case with every sport that's not football. Bad matchups give you smaller crowds.

But it's nowhere near the issue with the Rangers as it is with the Devils.

No matter how many show up, the Garden is sold out. Tickets have been bought.

And corp STH don't make up most of the crowd, thats bs. And it's not like corp entities don't buy seats at the Rock.[/QUOTE]

What is your point??? Rangers sell more seats than the Devils.. YES, that is true. Have you gone to the Rangers lately at the revamped MSG?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484902]I used to play hockey in the Mennen Arena in Morristown when I was a kid. Is that still there?[/QUOTE]

Yup. My sopne had his state playoff games there last year.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484920]It's possible. I would have been 11 in '78. We moved to CT before I started HS, but my sisters went to Whippany Park HS. Small world![/QUOTE]

Well I played Baseball, Football, and Ice Hockey. I'm pretty sure I played against WP in at least one of those, I'm also sure your sisters did not. lol. Right, small world Good talking with you, OR.

Actually there was Whippany and Whippany Park if memmory serves ?
    Last edited by Apache 51; 06-05-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4484877]Hockey is the 4th most popular sport in the NY/NJ area after baseball, football and basketball. The Devils, who according to you and all the bitter Rangers fans, play in an empty arena actually have a higher average attendance than the Islanders. You can spin the stats all you want 15,396 is not nearly as bad as people like you make it out to be.

But please, keep telling me I'm "fos".[/QUOTE]

You're the bitter one, jealous of the Rangers. That you want to argue that hockey is the 4th most popular sport in NJ and isn't the same in NY. Go ahead, it's the 4th most popular sport in many or most of the other cities that have better attendance figures too.

You can spin it, stroke yourself all you want and make all the excuses in the world by posting the number, but anyway you slice it your team ranked 24th out of 30 teams.

24th.

So they choked by losing to the inferior Devils. Just checking.

Go through the Pens? Any idiot hockey fan realizes that the easier road was through the girly pens who were shot going through their late season run and a shot flyers club instead of playing two rough and tumble series against the Sens and Caps. The Rangers would have loved to play those two teams and would be in the finals not embarrassing themselves as the Devils are.

Choking as badly as a team can possibly choke vs the Kings.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-05-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4484922]What is your point??? Rangers sell more seats than the Devils.. YES, that is true. Have you gone to the Rangers lately at the revamped MSG?[/QUOTE]

Not getting your argument or his.

The Rangers sell more tickets.

The Rangers sell out every night.

Devils don't.

I'm not trying to make a point.

I'm posting facts, you two are spinning giving every excuse and reason, real and imagined for this. I could care less, these are the numbers. Whats so hard and whats the argument?

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4484942]Well I played Baseball, Football, and Ice Hockey. I'm pretty sure I played against WP in at least one of those, I'm also sure your sisters did not. lol. Right, small world Good talking with you, OR.

Actually there was Whippany and Whippany Park if memmory serves ?[/QUOTE]

I think Whippany was the town name and Whippany Park was the high school.

You probably banged one of my sisters.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4484965]I think Whippany was the town name and Whippany Park was the high school.

You probably banged one of my sisters.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I don't think so.