Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Rex at Stanley Cup

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481339]Who cares?

Only Mets fans care about the, [I]sniff sniff[/I], players. Everyone else cares about the laundry. Love you when you're in the uni, don't care about you when you don't. Messier did what we needed him to do when he wore the blueshirt; after that, don't care.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Ooof. This is simply an awful miserable way to go through life as a sports fan.

I love the laundry but the reason I love the laundry is because of Clendenon and Seaver and Grote and Koosman and Cleon and Agee and Swoboda and Charles and Harreslson and Carter and Gooden and Strawberry and Hernandez and Mookie and Darling and Sid and Ojeda and Backman and Knight and Namath and Sauer and Snell and Boozer and Maynard and Orr and Esposito and Bucyk and Cheevers and Sanderson and Johnston and now Brodeur and Stevens and Arnott and Elias and Neidermier and Sykora and the list goes on and on.

The love for the laundry only exists because of what the players did while wearing it.

You "don't care" about Messier?

Wow, that's sad.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481364]I live in New Jersey. Every Devils fan that's seen me in my Rangers gear over the past two years comes up to me like a little puppy looking for some pat on the back or stares into my eyes as if losing to the Devils is making me burn.

I care that the Rangers lost, that's all. Who we lost to is of no consequence. I'd be pissed as hell if we lost to the Capitals for the third time, hate that bastard Ovechkin, but Parise? Love the guy, will make an excellent Ranger next season. Might even buy his jersey.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

D O U C H E

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4481353]Obviously I am talking about the past few weeks, cmon you are smarter than that.

Im not even a hockey fan, your views are just simply ridiculous.

What makes the Devils a "little brother"?

They have been so much more successfull than the Rangers over the past 20 years. So what is it then, because they play in Jersey? You have no argument.[/QUOTE]

There is no question that the Devils are a better run organization and have the talent and hardware to back that up. I don't think there's a Rangers fan on Earth that wouldn't trade our ownership/FO for New Jersey's.

There is also no question that, like Mets and Jets fans, the Devils fans are looking to escape the shadow of a long-beloved franchise in the same league and in the same town and that Devils fans act just like Mets and Jets fans. Not enough to just root for your own team, have to root against the other team too. That's pathetic. As a Yankees fan, I never rooted against the Mets for any reason. But Mets fans, whoa, if the Yankees lose the World Series or the ALCS they run around like [I]they [/I]won something. You'd think they'd want a parade for the Yankees losing. So pathetic.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4481367]Ooof. This is simply an awful miserable way to go through life as a sports fan.

I love the laundry but the reason I love the laundry is because of Clendenon and Seaver and Grote and Koosman and Cleon and Agee and Swoboda and Charles and Harreslson and Carter and Gooden and Strawberry and Hernandez and Mookie and Darling and Sid and Ojeda and Backman and Knight and Namath and Sauer and Snell and Boozer and Maynard and Orr and Esposito and Bucyk and Cheevers and Sanderson and Johnston and now Brodeur and Stevens and Arnott and Elias and Neidermier and Sykora and the list goes on and on.

The love for the laundry only exists because of what the players did while wearing it.

You "don't care" about Messier?

Wow, that's sad.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't care about Messier when he left. Truthfully, his underperformance in those final years while demanding huge minutes held the franchise back, I was hoping he'd leave. Now that he's retired, of course he's a Namath-like God.

I agree that watching the Chrebet's and Klecko's of the world wear the green proudly is a major part of why I love the Jets, but the truth is that the moment Player X is gone, he's [I]gone[/I]. Once Martin and Jones left and Greene and Tomlinson arrived I didn't think for one moment about the old guys, just focused on the new ones.

What I'm saying is that holding onto the ghosts of Namath and Maynard gets us nowhere and trying to roll in some nostalgic joy of watching Al Toon and Ken O'Brien [I]not [/I]win a Super Bowl causes fans pain, not happiness. To many, it's about team success, not individuals who succeeded on teams that failed.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Rex is Great!!

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4480770]... loved seeing him up there ... actually paused the dvr and made the wife come in to see him :D:cool: ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]
    Rex is the Man!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481361]

I speak for all Rangers fans over the age of 30

I speak for a decent-sized subset of Rangers fans

I speak for [I]all [/I]sports fans

SAR I[/QUOTE]

No, you really don't. You speak for a very small subset of individuals with narcissitic personalit disorder, because if you think any of those things, you don't know many Ranger fans over 30, many Rangers fans or any sports fans.

We get the myopic schtick, it just isn't playing well.

I could give a crap about respect from Ranger fans, Yankee fans or Giant fans, but that's just me. But there are millions of Ranger, Yankee and Giant fans who care about the Devils, Mets and Jets. And the Ranger, Yankee and Giant ORGANIZATIONS care, hence the fight for the back pages. The Yanks and Giant have jsut been winning the back pages lately, the Rangers not so much.

Sorry, that's the truth. Listen to sports talk radio. There are many more Ranger fans calling into Fatcessa and Michael Kay then Devils fans.

It's pitiful.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SouthTown;4481370]D O U C H E[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight:

Devils fans who want to boast and feel glee over eliminating the Rangers = Beast.

Rangers fans who don't care about the Devils = Douche.

Do I have that right? That a fanbase that wants to dance on the graves of others is to be rewarded and a fanbase that doesn't care about anything but their own performance is to be mocked?

What a world.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481386]Let me get this straight:

Devils fans who want to boast and feel glee over eliminating the Rangers = Beast.

Rangers fans who don't care about the Devils = Douche.

Do I have that right? That a fanbase that wants to dance on the graves of others is to be rewarded and a fanbase that doesn't care about anything but their own performance is to be mocked?

What a world.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I always find this type of argument amusing from you... You care so little that you've wasted a portion of your day discussing the topic... I see right through you, bro...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4481380]

But there are millions of Ranger, Yankee and Giant fans who care about the Devils, Mets and Jets.

Sorry, that's the truth. Listen to sports talk radio. There are many more Ranger fans calling into Fatcessa and Michael Kay then Devils fans.

It's pitiful.

[/QUOTE]

LOL. See, that's the [i]wish [/i]that you have as a Jets/Mets/Devils fan. It means [I]soooooo [/I]much to you that the Giants/Yankees/Rangers fans care about what your teams do because your teams simply do so little.

You being a Devils fan, perfect example. You've got 2 or 3 Cups in the past 15 years, so why do you care at all what Rangers fans think of you? Why do Devils fans run around puffing their chests looking for a reaction? Why can't you just focus on the Devils success and leave it at that? The Devils are the geek that got the prom queen, but it doesn't matter because everyone else still likes the starting quarterback more.

As for fans on the radio, of course more Rangers fans will call into the radio shows- there are millions of Rangers fans out there, only a few thousand Devils fans. And the Rangers fans who call in want to discuss the Rangers. The Devils who call in, well, all [I]they [/I]want to talk about is the Rangers too. It's flattering, but in an annoying kinda way.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4481388]I always find this type of argument amusing from you... You care so little that you've wasted a portion of your day discussing the topic... I see right through you, bro...[/QUOTE]

I type 65 words per minute. Trust me, this post took less than 10 seconds.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481386]

Do I have that right? That a fanbase that wants to dance on the graves of others is to be rewarded

[/QUOTE]

Oh, the ironing.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481389]LOL. See, that's the [i]wish [/i]that you have as a Jets/Mets/Devils fan. It means [I]soooooo [/I]much to you that the Giants/Yankees/Rangers fans care about what your teams do because your teams simply do so little.

You being a Devils fan, perfect example. You've got 2 or 3 Cups in the past 15 years, so why do you care at all what Rangers fans think of you? Why do Devils fans run around puffing their chests looking for a reaction? Why can't you just focus on the Devils success and leave it at that? The Devils are the geek that got the prom queen, but it doesn't matter because everyone else still likes the starting quarterback more.

As for fans on the radio, of course more Rangers fans will call into the radio shows- there are millions of Rangers fans out there, only a few thousand Devils fans. And the Rangers fans who call in want to discuss the Rangers. The Devils who call in, well, all [I]they [/I]want to talk about is the Rangers too. It's flattering, but in an annoying kinda way.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You are confusing me with a teenager. I don't care what the Ranger, Yankee, Giant fan thinks of the Devils, Mets, Jets. My joy comes from watching my team.

I just think it's funny, in that pitiful sort of way, that Ranger, Yankee, Giant fans feel compelled to demean the Devils, Mets and Jets.

Hey, that's just me.

Intersting comment on the prom queen and QB comparison. Coming from you.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done here. Just got into NYC for a closing dinner. So many hot broads. Wow.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4481388]I always find this type of argument amusing from you... You care so little that you've wasted a portion of your day discussing the topic... I see right through you, bro...[/QUOTE]

+1

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481391]I type 65 words per minute. Trust me, this post took less than 10 seconds.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I wish all of your posts stopped after less than ten seconds. But I guess copy paste only takes one. So we will still be stuck scrolling past your repetitive crap...oh wellzzzz

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481265][IMG]http://brooklynfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Rangers-lose-discipline-as-Devils-Dominate-Game-4.jpg[/IMG]

My Rangers have 1 cup in 80 years. Devils have 3 in 17 with maybe a 4th on the way. Matt Leinart sucks.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4481054]Devils are close to possibly winning their 4th Stanley Cup in 17 years.

Rangers have 1 cup last 80 years.

[B]If anyone has an inferiority complex it's people like you.[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, it's 3 Cups in the last 80 years.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4481407]Done here. Just got into NYC for a closing dinner. So many hot broads. Wow.

_[/QUOTE]

Here is a man that has his priorities straight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4481331]Wow, this is the textbook definition of SAR.

Truly a pathetic internet persona.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481389]LOL. See, that's the [i]wish [/i]that you have as a Jets/Mets/Devils fan. It means [I]soooooo [/I]much to you that the Giants/Yankees/Rangers fans care about what your teams do because your teams simply do so little.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

If you are glad with one cup for the rest of your life then you are not a real sports fan. I could care less if there are only 100 Devils fans. We have a more enjoyable game experience then the Rangers and have a much better front office. Sorry but I want the cup every year, thats why I am a fan.