Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Rex at Stanley Cup

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4481624]Actually kind of interesting that the first mention of inferiority complexes and Mets fans and Devils fans and Yankees fans and Rangers fans came from the one doosh who is exhalting from the mountain tops how Yankee and Ranger fans don't care about the Mets and Devils.

Hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Literally, the first mention of an inferiority complex.

Small penis, perhaps?

Every day I thank God I'm not a dick. Every day.

_[/QUOTE]

Who says you're not a dick?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4481603]Aahhhh just one of the weakest of the SAR narcissistic schtick parade.

So pathetic.

Met fans suck because all they care about are the players, David Wright and Jose Reyes and Mike Pelfrey. Let's disregard Seaver, Koosman, Carter, Strawberry, Gooden and Hernandez.

Such losers these "Met fans".

SAR is happy with an ancient Cup but is happy to root for, to encourage his children to route for, a bunch of loser win nothing Ranger POS players who don't deserve to wear the "laundry".

Yet "Met fans" are losers beneath his standard of worthiness.

The funny thing is, the few true Devils fans, the true hockey fans--don't give a sh*t about the Rangers and they pity the myopic Ranger fans that think they are somehow hockey royalty--they don't measure up to the original 6. The Devils and the Islanders have passed them and laugh at their ineptitude.

Yet Ranger fans delude themselves with a false recollection of grandeur as if they are the Boston Celtics, the Green Bay Packers, the Montreal Canadians.

MSG is a fraud. Rangers, frauds.

Yet Ranger fans call WFAN and ESPN claiming some idiotic high ground, like anyone cares that they won a Cup 2 decades ago.

It's just SAR schtick, probably one of his 3rd or 4th weakest.

Everyone know it's just infantile.[/QUOTE]

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

It's not my fault you chose the 3 short-straw teams in the area. Not my fault you went anti-establishment back in the 1970's with the Mets and Jets, not my fault you cheated on the Rangers with the Devils back in 1993 or whenever you gave up on the Blueshirts.

Per usual, the non-Yankees non-Rangers non-Giants fan doesn't understand the concept of 'disregard'. It's not that the Mets and Devils haven't won a few Championships, it's that we Yankees and Rangers fans don't care. It drives some of you crazy, it drives others of you to think it's some act. The truth is simple- we just don't care.

Rangers fans are under no "delusions" of anything. The Rangers are hockey royalty, being an Original 6 team gives that designation to us automatically, and having won a Stanley Cup within the lifetimes of those alive right now cements that nicely. Unlike the other newb teams that you support, the Rangers have been around since the 1920's and went a duration longer than the [I]existence [/I]of all your teams between Championships. It makes the win of 1994 a very special, Earth-shattering moment. Mets won it within 6 years and then a second time. Jets won it within 8 years. Devils won it within 12 years. Not a long wait for any of those teams. Rangers went 54 years without a title. No one in MSG in June 1994 had seen the Rangers as Champions. Much bigger deal.

Devils fans are under the delusion that they are some elite team worth being envious of. That might play in Columbus, doesn't play in New York.

On that miraculous day that the Jets win the Super Bowl, do yourself a favor and savor the moment along with other Jets fans; Giants fans aren't going to care one iota, aren't going to throw hissy fits, aren't going to pack their hats and hoodies in the closet in shame. Same for the Mets, same for the Devils. It's how it is.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 06-01-2012 at 07:56 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hofstra Jet;4481608]Ranger fans all have the same schtick.. No one goes to your games.. Your goalie is fat.. Your goalie cheated on his wife.. Who cares. Our goalie had a game last night, as well as Saturday..

To say that they dont care about winning cups is garbage.. Honestly though, as a Devils fan, I dont concern myself with their fans. They are just another fan base who toots their own horn into the first or second round of the playoffs. This year, they had a great season, 1st place, 2nd best team in hockey, and made it to the ECF. Without Henrik, they lose in 4 or 5.. With him they got that extra game.

Their fans are pompous, their team under achieves, and they have excuses up the a$$.. It's nice being a Devils fan. We just win.[/QUOTE]

It's not schtick. We just don't care.

There's no rule that says that San Fransisco 49ers fans have to care that the Arizona Cardinals went to a Super Bowl a few seasons ago simply because they're in the same division. Same for Rangers fans. I know it sucks to be a Devils fan because there are so few of you and even the Bergen Record makes you a secondary story to the New York team. I know you want recognition and the feeling of envy. I'm sorry, it's not happening.

Like Jets/Yankees fans the Jets/Devils fans have it good. Yin and yang. You have your pain, you have your glory. Just enjoy it yourself. There's no rubbing it in Rangers fans faces. We just don't care about the Devils.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4481635]Who says you're not a dick?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing, based on his other teams, that Stokes was a front-running Islanders fan in the 80's, jumped on the Devils bandwagon either after the Islanders fell apart in '85 or Rangers collapsed in '93. Unless he relocated from Colorado, he's like all the other Devils fans over the age of 30- a disheartened, quitting Islanders or Rangers fan.

I won't call him on it, it's his choice, I'm fine with that. But don't go running around like the Devils are meaningful to anyone outside of the 2,000 people that show up to consistently root for them. All the Devils fans in New Jersey couldn't fill the Mezzanine at MetLife. It's cute to hear them get so grumpy when they should be so happy.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 06-01-2012 at 08:06 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You sound like sg3 now, just more articulate... Thought you should know...

What a loser lol

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Little does SAR know that most devils
    Fans hate the flyers way more then the rangers. Devils fans laugh at the rangers who haven't done anything for 15 years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481336]I don't know what to tell you. Rangers fans don't care about the Devils. Perhaps some 14 year old who just watched last week's loss will start to feel some sort of rivalry-type feelings, and maybe if the Rangers haven't won a Cup by 2034 my kids will hate them, but for anyone over the age of 30 the Devils are the Rangers little brother, nothing more, might as well have been the Florida Panthers who won those few Cups in the 90's and 00's. Just a no-name minor league team with no fans.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

If you're happy rooting for a team that wins every 44 years then who am I to tell you to stop. They are loveable losers. Just stop making fun of Met fans, because that's a class organization compared to them. You should get another cup in 1928 if you live that long. Good luck deluding yourself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW I didn't watch hockey until Jesey got a team. Couldn't stand the Islanders. Looked too much like the Mets. Why orange? The Rangers looked too much like the Giants. Sooo glad I waited.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nj2socaljetsfan;4481684]Little does SAR know that most devils
    Fans hate the flyers way more then the rangers. Devils fans laugh at the rangers who haven't done anything for 15 years.[/QUOTE]

Great, perfect. That's how it [I]should [/I]be.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4481689]If you're happy rooting for a team that wins every 44 years then who am I to tell you to stop. They are loveable losers. Just stop making fun of Met fans, because that's a class organization compared to them. You should get another cup in 1928 if you live that long. Good luck deluding yourself.[/QUOTE]

I'd like the Rangers to win another few Cups in my lifetime but if they don't I'm never going to cry about it. That's the difference. Yankees, same thing. Jets, different story.

Your username is quite an appropriate explanation why you can't comprehend where I'm coming from.

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4481696]BTW I didn't watch hockey until Jesey got a team. Couldn't stand the Islanders. Looked too much like the Mets. Why orange? The Rangers looked too much like the Giants. Sooo glad I waited.[/QUOTE]

Pretty uniforms are as good a reason as any to choose a team when you're 10 years old.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [SIZE="5"]New York television station reports NY Islanders, not NJ Devils,
    playing LA Kings in Stanley Cup Finals[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Kings have 1-0 series lead on Devils, but not according to one TV report[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1087875.1338522577!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg[/IMG]

Exactly how much juice did the New Jersey Devils take out of the Stanley Cup by eliminating the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals?

Apparently quite a bit. If you watch your local television news, you would have noticed.

ABC-7 in New York reported that the New York Islanders - not the New Jersey Devils - were taking on the Los Angeles Kings for Lord Stanley's chalice. And this was Thursday's broadcast, AFTER Game 1 had already happened

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/york-television-station-reports-ny-islanders-nj-devils-playing-la-kings-stanley-cup-finals-article-1.1087887[/url]

(Proof positive of how no one cares about the Devils.)

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 06-01-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's just proof positive that no one cares about hockey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481265][IMG]http://cdn.nhl.com/rangers/images/upload/2009/06/Messier_M_0613_1994.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry, but it just doesn't work that way.

We got the Cup we were dying for in 1994. Was such a momentous, Earth-shattering experience that nothing can come close ever again. Grew up on Long Island, took years of abuse from Islander fans, got tickets for Game 4, watched the Cup skate around the Garden ice with my own eyes. The Rangers could lose every game for the next 40 years, wouldn't bother me one iota.

I wanted the Rangers to go all the way this year only for my kids. Myself, I could care less. I got mine. And as far as some "rivalry", good luck with that. The only Rangers rivals are Original Six teams, throw in the Islanders if they ever get good again. The Devils? A Mickey Mouse organization. They win a lot, but they'll never get any respect from any Rangers fan.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

No wonder why you are a Jets fan.... Satisifed with one lifetime championship....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481361]I don't know what to tell you other than if there are Mets fans out there who were so satisfied by 1986 that no other Championship could ever match it then, yes, spoken like those true Mets fans.

Perhaps it's because I grew up on Long Island and my junior and senior high school years were crushed by Islander dominance and never being able to break through and then finally 1994 happens and it's over. All the 1940 chants, all the Potvin and Smith memories, all vanquished.

Perhaps because 1994 was at the tail-end of a period of Yankee failure and in the middle of decades of Jets frustration that it felt extra-extra satisfying.

I really don't know.

All I can tell you is that I don't need to see the Rangers win another Stanley Cup in my lifetime and that the Devils don't increase my blood pressure 1/100th of 1 percent. I think it would take the Islanders resurrection to do something like that to me, to make me care that much again.

To summarize:

I speak for all Rangers fans over the age of 30 when I say that we don't care about the Devils.

[B]I speak for a decent-sized subset of Rangers fans who don't care if we win another Stanley Cup because '94 meant so much.[/B]
    I speak for [I]all [/I]sports fans when I say that the NY/NJ Little Brother Teams need to stop hoping to get their rocks off by their Big Brothers team's failures and focus only on themselves as there is no validation coming your way. Yankees fans don't care about the Mets. Giants fans don't care about the Jets. Rangers fans don't care about the Devils.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Loser mentality when there has been one championship in 72 years....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4481679]You sound like sg3 now, just more articulate... Thought you should know...

What a loser lol[/QUOTE]

Perfect comparison!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481663]I'm guessing, based on his other teams, that Stokes was a front-running Islanders fan in the 80's, jumped on the Devils bandwagon either after the Islanders fell apart in '85 or Rangers collapsed in '93. Unless he relocated from Colorado, he's like all the other Devils fans over the age of 30- a disheartened, quitting Islanders or Rangers fan.

I won't call him on it, it's his choice, I'm fine with that. But don't go running around like the Devils are meaningful to anyone outside of the 2,000 people that show up to consistently root for them. All the Devils fans in New Jersey couldn't fill the Mezzanine at MetLife. It's cute to hear them get so grumpy when they should be so happy.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Actually grew up a Bruins fan--one of the original 6 with a true championship history--pretty much stopped following hockey in junior high when I started playing travel hockey and when I played at Syracuse I lost all contact with the NHL. By the time I left and met my future wife--she dragged me to NJ and I adopted the local team when I started watching the NHL again.

I grew up 20 minutes from Uniondale and went to Islander games once every week or 2 to see my Bruins and the Maple Leafs and the Red Wings and the California Golden Seals. Always hated the Islanders but their players came to my school once a month for "assembly" so I had a grudging respect for them. I grew up 10 minutes from Skateland, went to Ranger open practices once a week and I love Eddie Giacomin (as did my Mom) and I patterned my style of play after him. I also pitied the Ranger fan back then because they sucked and was disappointed when I went to a game at MSG and Villemure was playing.

As a Devil fan I couldn't give a half baked crap about the Rangers, but because of the unwarranted arrogance that some Rangers fans feel they are entitled to, it's all the more sweeter when the Devils beat them--kind of like the Jets beating the Pats in the playoffs 2 years ago. But it drives Ranger fans nuts that the "little brother" beat them--forces them into the old mantra "you don't have any fans/where you having your parade" schtick.

It's just funny that the FIRST mention in this thread of inferiority complexes about the Rangers is the one guy with the biggest inferiority complex on the board. And a Ranger fan.

It's funny. It amuses me.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYjets105;4481607]I don't claim to know anything about hockey, nor do I have a rooting interest but my god Ranger fans have been BRUTAL on the radio lately. Constant complaining about the refs, the league, ect ect.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the league is against them... everyone outside of "Ranger" fans hates them including the Refs and Commish Bettman. Wah wah wah... and their so called King is a LOSER in crunch time, or a Jester. Even has a losing record in his playoff Career...

1994 lives on forever... go to next years Ranger home opener to see the non HD highlights on the big screen of that great 1994 team...

Now the Devils need to get their act together Sat. Night and tie this series up!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481577]Sure, we'd take that. Thing is, we're not upset that it hasn't happened.

The Devils have their Cups. Ask yourself, why isn't that enough and why do you need validation from Rangers fans? You know the answer.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You must hang with the Ranger fans who are weak little individuals... The ones I know are still PO'd that they lost to the Devils and have not won crap since 1994.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4481775]You must hang with the Ranger fans who are weak little individuals... The ones I know are still PO'd that they lost to the Devils and have not won crap since 1994.....[/QUOTE]

He's just like a true Met fan.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4481754]No wonder why you are a Jets fan.... Satisifed with one lifetime championship....[/QUOTE]

Please learn to read more carefully.

I am satisfied overall with sports Championships because the Yankees are so dependable.

I am satisfied with the Rangers '94 Championship because it meant so much.

I am not satisfied with the Jets '68 Championship because I was 4 years old and wasn't a fan. When the Jets do win a Super Bowl it'll likely feel so epic and so satisfying that I'll be good there too.

SAR I