Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Rex at Stanley Cup

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4481054]Devils are close to possibly winning their 4th Stanley Cup in 17 years.

Rangers have 1 cup last 80 years.

If anyone has an inferiority complex it's people like you.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://cdn.nhl.com/rangers/images/upload/2009/06/Messier_M_0613_1994.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry, but it just doesn't work that way.

We got the Cup we were dying for in 1994. Was such a momentous, Earth-shattering experience that nothing can come close ever again. Grew up on Long Island, took years of abuse from Islander fans, got tickets for Game 4, watched the Cup skate around the Garden ice with my own eyes. The Rangers could lose every game for the next 40 years, wouldn't bother me one iota.

I wanted the Rangers to go all the way this year only for my kids. Myself, I could care less. I got mine. And as far as some "rivalry", good luck with that. The only Rangers rivals are Original Six teams, throw in the Islanders if they ever get good again. The Devils? A Mickey Mouse organization. They win a lot, but they'll never get any respect from any Rangers fan.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481265][IMG]http://cdn.nhl.com/rangers/images/upload/2009/06/Messier_M_0613_1994.jpg[/IMG]

We got the Cup we were dying for in 1994. Was such a momentous, Earth-shattering experience that nothing can come close ever again. Grew up on Long Island, took years of abuse from Islander fans, got tickets for Game 4, watched the Cup skate around the Garden ice with my own eyes. The Rangers could lose every game for the next 40 years, wouldn't bother me one iota.

I wanted the Rangers to go all the way this year only for my kids. Myself, I could care less. I got mine. And as far as some "rivalry", good luck with that. The only Rangers rivals are Original Six teams, throw in the Islanders if they ever get good again. The Devils? A Mickey Mouse organization. They win a lot, but they'll never get any respect from any Rangers fan.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true Mets fan.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481265][IMG]http://cdn.nhl.com/rangers/images/upload/2009/06/Messier_M_0613_1994.jpg[/IMG]

I wanted the Rangers to go all the way this year only for my kids. Myself, I could care less. I got mine. And as far as some "rivalry", good luck with that. The only Rangers rivals are Original Six teams, throw in the Islanders if they ever get good again. [B]The Devils? A Mickey Mouse organization. They win a lot, but they'll never get any respect from any Rangers fan[/B].

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I hear many Rangers fans giving props to the Devils all over the place. The reality is that the Devils have accomplished way more than the Rangers in far fewer years of existence, and done so in a professional manner that the Dolans could only dream of ever displaying. Hardly "mickey mouse". You sound like a bad case of sour grapes on this one. This coming from a Rangers fan by the way. Your mentality on this mirrors exactly what you rip Mets fans for. Try to distinguish the two if you must, but the hypocrisy is stunning.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting that easily the best run local franchise over the past 2 decades still gets demeaned by fans with inadequacy and inferiority complexes who continue to repeat the "Mickey Mouse Organization" dig because that never win anything for the Rangers hired gun choke artist Wayne Gretzky made that comment because his boytoy was traded away by one of the best GMs in the history of sports.

In an age and sport where you now just can't spend billions without a care, Lou's record is absolutely astonishing.

Glen Sather has to be one of the most awful GMs is ANY sport (maybe the guy from the Detroit Lions was worse--but for a much shorter tenure) and the Dolans are a bunch of clowns rivaled only by the current Wilpon regime. How did Sather skate through all those years with all that money and do worse than nothing?

And the parade tiny penis/dick swinging thing is the worst of the inferiority complexes. Who else in the world has a Canyons of Heroes to parade down? Detroit? Nashville? Calgary? Philly? Disneyland with Mickey and Minny and Goofy? Dallas? Phoenix?

Stop. It's all about getting your name forever emblazoned on the Cup. You think Henrik wouldn't give up his faux title "the King" to have his name on the Stanley Cup.

This is an embarrasing thread derailment.

Too funny. In that sad pitiful kind of way.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4481298]I hear many Rangers fans giving props to the Devils all over the place. The reality is that the Devils have accomplished way more than the Rangers in far fewer years of existence, and done so in a professional manner that the Dolans could only dream of ever displaying. Hardly "mickey mouse". You sound like a bad case of sour grapes on this one. This coming from a Rangers fan by the way. Your mentality on this mirrors exactly what you rip Mets fans for. Try to distinguish the two if you must, but the hypocrisy is stunning.[/QUOTE]

It's jsut one of his schticks, probably the 3d or 4th weakest. Don't let it get to you, he's only here to amuse himself.

And at that he is totally nailing.

_

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Messier worked Ranger fans pretty good why did he dump NY for Vancouver?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4480989]You Devils fans are as bad as Mets fans when it comes to your inferiority complexes. No wonder you're comfortable as Jets fans.

Every day I thank God he made me a Yankees and Rangers fan. Every day.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL you are the one who cant go 10 posts without mentioning the Mets.

Talk about a complex, lol you suck so hard.

You may hate the devils, but to call an organization Mickey Mouse when it is about 10 times better run than your beloved Rangers is pretty hysterical.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4481267]Spoken like a true Mets fan.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you tell you. I am satisfied with my 1 Stanley Cup. I have no respect for the Devils no matter how many Stanley Cups they win.

Most Rangers fans feel the exact same way. It's just the way it is.

And, actually, spoken like a true Yankees fan. Let the Mets win it all this year. Go ahead. Won't bother us at all. We got ours. Let the Mets go win 10 in World Series a row. Doesn't matter. Still the little brother, still a few leftover Brooklyn Dodger fans tugging gently on our coattails just hoping for a little success. Devils fans are just Rangers fans who got tired of waiting since 1940, pulled the plug on their fandom too soon, missed out on the most momentous Championship the city has ever seen.

Jets, Mets, Devils fans......take pride in your own accomplishments, don't be looking for some vengeance on the other teams in this market. You'll never see any respect from Giants, Yankees, Rangers fans. It's just the way it is.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4481298]I hear many Rangers fans giving props to the Devils all over the place. The reality is that the Devils have accomplished way more than the Rangers in far fewer years of existence, and done so in a professional manner that the Dolans could only dream of ever displaying. Hardly "mickey mouse". You sound like a bad case of sour grapes on this one. This coming from a Rangers fan by the way. Your mentality on this mirrors exactly what you rip Mets fans for. Try to distinguish the two if you must, but the hypocrisy is stunning.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is the textbook definition of SAR.

Truly a pathetic internet persona.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481329]I don't know what you tell you. I am satisfied with my 1 Stanley Cup. I have no respect for the Devils no matter how many Stanley Cups they win.

Most Rangers fans feel the exact same way. It's just the way it is.

And, actually, spoken like a true Yankees fan. Let the Mets win it all this year. Go ahead. Won't bother us at all. We got ours. Let the Mets go win 10 in World Series a row. Doesn't matter. Still the little brother, still a few leftover Brooklyn Dodger fans tugging gently on our coattails just hoping for a little success. Devils fans are just Rangers fans who got tired of waiting since 1940, pulled the plug on their fandom too soon, missed out on the most momentous Championship the city has ever seen.

Jets, Mets, Devils fans......take pride in your own accomplishments, don't be looking for some vengeance on the other teams in this market. [b]You'll never see any respect from Giants, Yankees, Rangers fans. It's just the way it is.[/b]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I dont need respect from anyone who takes views like this.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to tell you. Rangers fans don't care about the Devils. Perhaps some 14 year old who just watched last week's loss will start to feel some sort of rivalry-type feelings, and maybe if the Rangers haven't won a Cup by 2034 my kids will hate them, but for anyone over the age of 30 the Devils are the Rangers little brother, nothing more, might as well have been the Florida Panthers who won those few Cups in the 90's and 00's. Just a no-name minor league team with no fans.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4481318]Messier worked Ranger fans pretty good why did he dump NY for Vancouver?[/QUOTE]

Who cares?

Only Mets fans care about the, [I]sniff sniff[/I], players. Everyone else cares about the laundry. Love you when you're in the uni, don't care about you when you don't. Messier did what we needed him to do when he wore the blueshirt; after that, don't care.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481336]I don't know what to tell you. Rangers fans don't care about the Devils. Perhaps some 14 year old who just watched last week's loss will start to feel some sort of rivalry-type feelings, and maybe if the Rangers haven't won a Cup by 2034 my kids will hate them, but for anyone over the age of 30 the Devils are the Rangers little brother, nothing more, might as well have been the Florida Panthers who won those few Cups in the 90's and 00's. Just a no-name minor league team with no fans.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

If you didn't care you wouldn't post about it at every single opportunity.

Yes the Devils are a little brother to the Rangers, kind of like how Peyton and Eli are little brothers to the oldest Manning.

You are hysterical.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 05-31-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481329]I don't know what you tell you. I am satisfied with my 1 Stanley Cup.

[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true Met fan.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4481328]LOL you are the one who cant go 10 posts without mentioning the Mets.

Talk about a complex, lol you suck so hard.

You may hate the devils, but to call an organization Mickey Mouse when it is about 10 times better run than your beloved Rangers is pretty hysterical.[/QUOTE]

If you think that the Mets winning the World Series this year or the Jets winning the Super Bowl next year will make Yankees and Giants fans show respect or hide their caps and jackets in shame, LOL, think again.

I really wish I could sit here and be crying over the Rangers loss, be kicking myself that the Devils "got us". It just doesn't feel that way. Might as well have been the Calgary Flames that just knocked us out in 6.

It's vexing as to why Devils fans need to feel like Rangers fans are hurting. Must be a horrible way to live, to be a fan of a team whose existence is dependent upon another's and whose validation is necessary in order to feel fulfilled.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481346]If you think that the Mets winning the World Series this year or the Jets winning the Super Bowl next year will make Yankees and Giants fans show respect or hide their caps and jackets in shame, LOL, think again.

I really wish I could sit here and be crying over the Rangers loss, be kicking myself that the Devils "got us". It just doesn't feel that way. Might as well have been the Calgary Flames that just knocked us out in 6.

It's vexing as to why Devils fans need to feel like Rangers fans are hurting. Must be a horrible way to live, to be a fan of a team whose existence is dependent upon another's and whose validation is necessary in order to feel fulfilled.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

When did I ever say that the Giants or Yankees fans would show respect if the Mets or Jets won? I wouldn't care if they did or not.

I really doubt the majority of Devils fans care about Rangers fans feeling bad or not. I would think the fact they are a more successful and better run franchise than the Rangers, would be fine enough.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4481340]If you didn't care you wouldn't post about it at every single opportunity.

Yes the Devils are a little brother to the Rangers, kind of like how Peyton and Eli are little brothers to the oldest Manning.

You are hysterical.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

I have 34,000 posts on JI, maybe 10 of them mention the Devils. The Mets parallel is hysterical. It's amazing how the Mets and Jets and Devils have fanbases that exist only to bow to the Gods of the Yankees and Giants and Rangers. Like the little brother who gets straight A's into Harvard but is always looked at as second-class by the cousins who adore his older brother.

If you're a Devils fan, take some self-pride in what you've accomplished. Don't be looking for Rangers fans to be the whipped cream on your sundae. You'll have to be your own cherry, aren't getting that from us because we simply don't care. If we beat you, nothing special. If we lost to you, nothing special. Rangers fans are upset at our own failure this Thursday, not taking any joy in the Kings Game 1 victory. We simply don't care about the Devils.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4481350]Huh?

I have 34,000 posts on JI, maybe 10 of them mention the Devils. The Mets parallel is hysterical. It's amazing how the Mets and Jets and Devils have fanbases that exist only to bow to the Gods of the Yankees and Giants and Rangers. Like the little brother who gets straight A's into Harvard but is always looked at as second-class by the cousins who adore his older brother.

If you're a Devils fan, take some self-pride in what you've accomplished. Don't be looking for Rangers fans to be the whipped cream on your sundae. You'll have to be your own cherry, aren't getting that from us because we simply don't care. If we beat you, nothing special. If we lost to you, nothing special. Rangers fans are upset at our own failure this Thursday, not taking any joy in the Kings Game 1 victory. We simply don't care about the Devils.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Obviously I am talking about the past few weeks, cmon you are smarter than that.

Im not even a hockey fan, your views are just simply ridiculous.

What makes the Devils a "little brother"?

They have been so much more successfull than the Rangers over the past 20 years. So what is it then, because they play in Jersey? You have no argument.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 05-31-2012 at 05:31 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4481343]Spoken like a true Met fan.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know what to tell you other than if there are Mets fans out there who were so satisfied by 1986 that no other Championship could ever match it then, yes, spoken like those true Mets fans.

Perhaps it's because I grew up on Long Island and my junior and senior high school years were crushed by Islander dominance and never being able to break through and then finally 1994 happens and it's over. All the 1940 chants, all the Potvin and Smith memories, all vanquished.

Perhaps because 1994 was at the tail-end of a period of Yankee failure and in the middle of decades of Jets frustration that it felt extra-extra satisfying.

I really don't know.

All I can tell you is that I don't need to see the Rangers win another Stanley Cup in my lifetime and that the Devils don't increase my blood pressure 1/100th of 1 percent. I think it would take the Islanders resurrection to do something like that to me, to make me care that much again.

To summarize:

I speak for all Rangers fans over the age of 30 when I say that we don't care about the Devils.

I speak for a decent-sized subset of Rangers fans who don't care if we win another Stanley Cup because '94 meant so much.

I speak for [I]all [/I]sports fans when I say that the NY/NJ Little Brother Teams need to stop hoping to get their rocks off by their Big Brothers team's failures and focus only on themselves as there is no validation coming your way. Yankees fans don't care about the Mets. Giants fans don't care about the Jets. Rangers fans don't care about the Devils.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4481349]When did I ever say that the Giants or Yankees fans would show respect if the Mets or Jets won? I wouldn't care if they did or not.

I really doubt the majority of Devils fans care about Rangers fans feeling bad or not. I would think the fact they are a more successful and better run franchise than the Rangers, would be fine enough.[/QUOTE]

I live in New Jersey. Every Devils fan that's seen me in my Rangers gear over the past two years comes up to me like a little puppy looking for some pat on the back or stares into my eyes as if losing to the Devils is making me burn.

I care that the Rangers lost, that's all. Who we lost to is of no consequence. I'd be pissed as hell if we lost to the Capitals for the third time, hate that bastard Ovechkin, but Parise? Love the guy, will make an excellent Ranger next season. Might even buy his jersey.

SAR I