Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Politico: Fox News releases 4-minute attack on Obama

Politico: Fox News releases 4-minute attack on Obama

[B][SIZE="3"]Fox News releases 4-minute attack on Obama[/SIZE][/B]

A new video created by Fox & Friends.

So much for "Fair and Balanced." The Fox News program "Fox & Friends" has produced a four-minute video attacking President Obama (see above).

Over at the conservative website Hot Air, Ed Morrissey weighs in:

Note that F&F isn’t just playing a campaign ad or a YouTube spot from an outside political action committee. Nor does this come from the production company of one of its opinion-program hosts. The video starts with “Fox and Friends Presents” on the screen, making this an explicit argument from the news channel itself.

Should a news organization produce and publish attack ads like this? I know the initial response will be that other news organizations offer biased perspectives and hagiographies of Obama that go well beyond a single video … and that response is entirely valid. However, we usually criticize that kind of behavior with other news organizations, too. If anyone wanted to look for evidence that the overall Fox News organization intends to campaign against Obama rather than cover the campaign, this video would be difficult to refute as evidence for that claim.

No kidding.

For all its blatantly conservative programming, Fox News does a pretty incredible job of swearing up and down that it's nonpartisan. But it's kind of impossible to see how you walk this one back.

Fox News spokespeople did not respond to a request for comment.

UPDATE: A Fox News spokesperson sends the following statement from Bill Shine, Executive Vice President of Programming:

“The package that aired on FOX & Friends was created by an associate producer and was not authorized at the senior executive level of the network. This has been addressed with the show’s producers.”

Click link below for the video

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zi15OtKquD0[/url]

[url]http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/05/fox-releases-minute-attack-on-obama-124848.html[/url]

We have supposed "news" outlets [B]producing[/B] and showing, as "news", political attack ads to benefit a political party. This is a disgrace and a new low for the main stream media, and that is saying something considering how far the standards have fallen.

Of course the posters that agree with the content or just want to see their "side" win will excuse this and see nothing wrong with it.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 05-31-2012 at 07:07 AM.

The news is factually correct one should not complain about that.
    They did not show any ugly pictures of Obama just his statements and results.

Its common for news organization to review a politicians record its just uncommon to see that happen to a democrat with such a bad record.

The story here is why are other news organizations not reporting these same facts about Obama and the democrats.

They think it helps the democrats not reporting factually or fairly but I think it has a opposite effect and that it hurts the party they try and help.

Jets Insider VIP
    FoxNews? You don't say?

Groundbreaking.

Good thread, very informative.

Walter Cronkite(R.I.H.) The "most trusted man in America" When asked what he misses about news-casting, ( "I miss shaping policy")
    WHAAA-WHAAA-WHAAA!!! IGF, You libs go apoplectic about Fox news ONE station out of 7. 90% of the print media is liberal, as well.People are starting to wake up and it's killing you( go Walker!).

It was a campaign style video. Not appropriate for a news show to produce such a thing. I'm not sure if Fox and Friends is a news show though. Haven't really seen it.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4480825]FoxNews? You don't say?

Groundbreaking.

Good thread, very informative.[/QUOTE]

True, its only one of the lead stories on politico which is one of the most viewed sites for politics/current events on the web. Someone over there must have thought that it was somewhat informative I guess.......:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480851]True, its only one of the lead stories on politico which is one of the most viewed sites for politics/current events on the web. Someone over there must have thought that it was somewhat informative I guess.......:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Not suprising, as Politico often leans quite heavily left in it's coverage and coverage choices, and is aso a "news" source as well.

Be that as it may, we'd all be better off if we could just agree "the media is not to be trusted", and move on. Been saying it for years.

And as usual, the issue IJF is all in a fit about is materially the same as things done by the many other networks, yet only FOX gets his ire.

It's not FOX, the lone righty news, thats the problem. It's the emdia as a whole. if anything, your ire, if actually based on principle, should be aimed at the liberal media, given how many of them there are vs. the one FOX alternative. Not holding my breath on that one tho.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4480861]Not suprising, [B]as Politico often leans quite heavily left in it's coverage and coverage choices[/B], and is aso a "news" source as well.

Be that as it may, we'd all be better off if we could just agree "the media is not to be trusted", and move on. Been saying it for years.

And as usual, the issue IJF is all in a fit about is materially the same as things done by the many other networks, yet only FOX gets his ire.

It's not FOX, the lone righty news, thats the problem. It's the emdia as a whole. if anything, your ire, if actually based on principle, should be aimed at the liberal media, given how many of them there are vs. the one FOX alternative. Not holding my breath on that one tho.[/QUOTE]

Fish I respectfully disagree that politico is "far left". Here is another point of view on the site;

[url]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0307/3011.html[/url]

The issue of the main stream media is not going away and will only be getting worse. Its a news story because its a serious threat to, what we still believe to be, our democracy. Rupert Murdoch's empire is certainly not the only media conglomerate that abuses its mandate; they all fail us. But in 2012, they are the most agregious. One only needs to look across the pond to see that.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 05-31-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;4480861]Not suprising, as Politico often leans quite heavily left in it's coverage and coverage choices, and is aso a "news" source as well.

It's not FOX, the lone righty news, thats the problem. It's the emdia as a whole. if anything, your ire, if actually based on principle, should be aimed at the liberal media, given how many of them there are vs. the one FOX alternative. Not holding my breath on that one tho.[/QUOTE]

Politico is actually a pretty good, middle of the road outlet. I read it a lot. I agree that a news program shouldn't show a video package like this, but is Fox & Friends really a news program? Isn't it a lame Today show wannabe?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480759]We have supposed "news" outlets [B]producing[/B] and showing, as "news", political attack ads to benefit a political party. This is a disgrace and a new low for the main stream media, and that is saying something considering how far the standards have fallen.

Of course the posters that agree with the content or just want to see their "side" win will excuse this and see nothing wrong with it.[/QUOTE]
    If FOX isn't throwing mud on you every day, you aren't trying hard enough.

Turn the channel, mon. :D:cool:

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4480828]Walter Cronkite(R.I.H.) The "most trusted man in America" When asked what he misses about news-casting, ( "I miss shaping policy")
    WHAAA-WHAAA-WHAAA!!! IGF, You libs go apoplectic about Fox news ONE station out of 7. 90% of the print media is liberal, as well.People are starting to wake up and it's killing you( go Walker!).[/QUOTE]
    Ironic, much? You totally misinterpreted Cronkite's remark. He never shaped policy to his own will, you nitwit.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480879]Fish I respectfully disagree that politico is "far left".[/quote]

I didn't say "far left"

I said "often leans heavily left" in it's coverage and coverage choices.

An opinion I stand by as a regular reader.

[quote]The issue of the main stream media is not going away and will only be getting worse.[/QUOTE]

So since it's universal, not going to change, and not something any of us can do anything about, why complain about it, specificly why complain (alot) about [U]one side only[/U] of it?

If you find the media bad, start up a media option of your own and do it better. If you believe the people want that, it should be quite the success.

I think the media gives the people exactly what the majority of the people want....news that serves only to back up their own biases and preconceptions and political positions.

Which is why I almost universally listen to the other side from my own.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[B][SIZE="3"]MSNBC ALSO IN THE POLITICAL VIDEO BUSINESS.[/SIZE][/B]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_NEDc-Eaas[/url]

Bewildered Beast
    omg

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480851]True, its only one of the lead stories on politico which is one of the most viewed sites for politics/current events on the web. Someone over there must have thought that it was somewhat informative I guess.......:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

LOL.

As if Politico is any different than any other news organization. Their job is not to "inform", but rather to garner attention to maximize ad revenue. How naive to believe they pick and choose what their stories are in order to educate the public on important, relevant issues of the day. Obviously this is the kind of attention that easily attracts the likes of you. So I guess it worked.

Meanwhile, it doesn't mean anything, and it certainly isn't news.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480759]We have supposed "news" outlets [B]producing[/B] and showing, as "news", political attack ads to benefit a political party. This is a disgrace and a new low for the main stream media, and that is saying something considering how far the standards have fallen.

Of course the posters that agree with the content or just want to see their "side" win will excuse this and see nothing wrong with it.[/QUOTE]

I guess you've never seen Chris Matthews' show on MSNBC...I don't consider either show "news" they are entertainment/opinion shows. You're outrage is misplaced.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4480898]Ironic, much? You totally misinterpreted Cronkite's remark. He never shaped policy to his own will, you nitwit.[/QUOTE]

Nitwit?
    Fact, Cronkite falsely reported the Tet military offensive in the Vietnam War as an enemy victory. This was a turning point in the war. The false reporting by Cronkite and others meant that 58,000 Americans ultimately died in vain to stop the communist assault on South Vietnam.
    RIH WALLY!

[QUOTE=Warfish;4480899]I didn't say "far left"

I said "often leans heavily left" in it's coverage and coverage choices.

An opinion I stand by as a regular reader.

So since it's universal, not going to change, and not something any of us can do anything about, why complain about it, specificly why complain (alot) about [U]one side only[/U] of it?

If you find the media bad, start up a media option of your own and do it better. If you believe the people want that, it should be quite the success.

I think the media gives the people exactly what the majority of the people want..[B]..news that serves only to back up their own biases and preconceptions and political positions.

Which is why I almost universally listen to the other side from my own[/B].[/QUOTE]

So then what is the point? If you know you are being lied to, but just by different people, in different ways, why waste your time? I completely understand why you want to read different point of views from the "other side"; getting out of your comfort zone is how you learn. But the main stream media is not the place to go, left or right.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 05-31-2012 at 11:17 AM.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480943]So then what is the point? If you know you are being lied to, but just by different people, in different ways, why waste your time? I completely understand why you want to read different the point of views of the "other side"; getting out of your comfort zone is how you learn. But the main stream media is not the place to go, left or right.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, what IS the point IJF?

Generally, when I post something, it's something we could change via votes and elections. Like illegal immigration enforcement and immigration reform, for example.

What is it you want to see happen, in re: the 'mainstream media', specificly?