Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Politico: Fox News releases 4-minute attack on Obama

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4480917]LOL.

As if Politico is any different than any other news organization. Their job is not to "inform", but rather to garner attention to maximize ad revenue. How naive to believe they pick and choose what their stories are in order to educate the public on important, relevant issues of the day. Obviously this is the kind of attention that easily attracts the likes of you. So I guess it worked.

Meanwhile, it doesn't mean anything, and it certainly isn't news.[/QUOTE]

So you do not see any difference between the stories on politico verses, say, The New York Post or Fox & Friends? Seriously?

[QUOTE=shakin318;4480903][B][SIZE="3"]MSNBC ALSO IN THE POLITICAL VIDEO BUSINESS.[/SIZE][/B]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_NEDc-Eaas[/url][/QUOTE]

Good one Shank. Obviously IJF is only outraged when his guy gets slammed.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480958]So you do not see any difference between the stories on politico verses, say, The New York Post or Fox & Friends? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

From a standpoint that their primary objective is to get ratings? No. None.

The bottom line for me is - Politico posting an article that tells me FoxNews has a bias is about as interesting and informative as an article that water is wet.

The funny thing that you make obvious on almost a daily basis is that you don't realize that FoxNews and the Post are just doing what almost everyone else does, only targeting a different audience. And your outrage over it is what makes them the most popular.

Reminds me of that scene in Howard Stern's Private Parts when the radio execs are lamenting his high ratings.

[I]"The average Stern fan listens to his show for 10 minutes a day. The average Stern hater listens for an hour and a half"

"If they hate him, why do they listen to him?"

"Most common answer: they want to see what he'll say next"[/I]

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480759]We have supposed "news" outlets [B]producing[/B] and showing, as "news", political attack ads to benefit a political party. This is a disgrace and a new low for the main stream media, and that is saying something considering how far the standards have fallen.

Of course the posters that agree with the content or just want to see their "side" win will excuse this and see nothing wrong with it.[/QUOTE]

WTF is “Main Stream Media” today? We live in a world of data and opinion. People can get both pretty instantly on a variety of mediums today. Nobody has a monopoly on information and to view that in some 1960 time warp would be very troubling. In 2012 why should we care? Nobody controls information right now and that is a very good thing.

What you seem to discount is instead of a couple of media outlets maintaining a standard for a small synopsis of news, usually mediocre at best, the public has the ability to pick up and disseminate more hard raw news instantly than ever before. They also have the choice of a multitude of opinion dominated programing of which Fox is one of many that encompass a broad area of opinion.

You have to be from outer space to not know FOX news is decidedly Conservative just like a watcher of MSNBC knows it is decidedly liberal.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4480970]Good one Shank. Obviously IJF is only outraged when his guy gets slammed.[/QUOTE]

I remember an MSNBC promo for a one hour special Chris Matthews did on the Tea Party. It was a montage of flames, riots, and other violent imagery while Chris Matthews is lamenting the rise of the Tea Party and "what does it mean for America?!?!". It's a pretty blatant, poorly produced spot. I wonder if it's on YouTube.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4481101]I remember an MSNBC promo for a one hour special Chris Matthews did on the Tea Party. It was a montage of flames, riots, and other violent imagery while Chris Matthews is lamenting the rise of the Tea Party and "what does it mean for America?!?!". It's a pretty blatant, poorly produced spot. I wonder if it's on YouTube.[/QUOTE]

In hindsight a compare-contrast of the various coverage and comment on the Tea Party and the Occupy Movement is quite entertaining.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4480958]So you do not see any difference between the stories on politico verses, say, The New York Post or Fox & Friends? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Politico is a left leaning blog. The Post is a right leaning daily. They are similar. Fox and Friends is a goofy morning show with conservative hosts. It is not similar to Politico or the NY Post. Your selective outrage is the comedy in this thread.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;4481113]In hindsight a compare-contrast of the various coverage and comment on the Tea Party and the Occupy Movement is quite entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. This must have been right after the 2010 elections, say early 2011. So before Occupy came around and right after a bunch of Tea Party candidates won Congressional seats. The left were wringing their hands in faux paranoia.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4480925]Nitwit?
    Fact, Cronkite falsely reported the Tet military offensive in the Vietnam War as an enemy victory. This was a turning point in the war. The false reporting by Cronkite and others meant that 58,000 Americans ultimately died in vain to stop the communist assault on South Vietnam.
    RIH WALLY![/QUOTE]
    Pfft; everybody KNOWS that Cronkite acted as an agent of the Viet Cong.

:coocoo:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4481113]In hindsight a compare-contrast of the various coverage and comment on the Tea Party and the Occupy Movement is quite entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Which one had rapes in its ranks? I forget?

Which one took a crap on a police car?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4481124]Indeed. This must have been right after the 2010 elections, say early 2011. So before Occupy came around and right after a bunch of Tea Party candidates won Congressional seats. The left were wringing their hands in faux paranoia.[/QUOTE]
    You would have LOVED Ross Perot...that dude could Party.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4480924]I guess you've never seen Chris Matthews' show on MSNBC...I don't consider either show "news" they are entertainment/opinion shows. You're outrage is misplaced.[/QUOTE]

+1

Fox News is conservative propaganda and MSNBC is liberal propaganda. You shouldn't be getting your news primarily from either.

All Pro
    Fox News has been attacking Obama for four years. What's another four minutes?

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4481137]Pfft; everybody KNOWS that Cronkite acted as an agent of the Viet Cong.

:coocoo:[/QUOTE]
    If you don't know, or remember the history than keep the dumbass comments to yourself.

When historians look back at the war in Vietnam, they often cite Walter Cronkite, the anchor of the CBS evening news, as having marked a shift in American opinion of the conflict. Cronkite said “ It seems now more certain than ever that the bloody experience of Vietnam is to end in a stalemate . . . It is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors but as an honorable people who lived up to their pledge to defend democracy, and did the best they could.”

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=parafly;4481200]Fox News has been attacking Obama for four years. What's another four minutes?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Seems we're pretty much all on the same page on this one. Almost.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4481208]If you don't know, or remember the history than keep the dumbass comments to yourself.

When historians look back at the war in Vietnam, they often cite Walter Cronkite, the anchor of the CBS evening news, as having marked a shift in American opinion of the conflict. Cronkite said “ It seems now more certain than ever that the bloody experience of Vietnam is to end in a stalemate . . . It is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors but as an honorable people who lived up to their pledge to defend democracy, and did the best they could.”[/QUOTE]
    wait a minute...did you say "opinion" or "policy"?

I am such a dumbass; help a guy out, eh?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4481142]You would have LOVED Ross Perot...that dude could Party.[/QUOTE]

"Now here's what you don't laak!"

[IMG]http://media.salon.com/2011/09/the_return_of_ross_perot_syndrome-460x307.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4481137]Pfft; everybody KNOWS that Cronkite acted as an agent of the Viet Cong.

:coocoo:[/QUOTE]

Get your facts straight, it was as an agent of the Viet Minh!

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4481222]wait a minute...did you say ? I hope I "helped" :)

I am such a dumbass; help a guy out, eh?[/QUOTE]

Semantics, My good man. His "opinion" shaped "policy" in the long run.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4481324]Semantics, My good man. His "opinion" shaped "policy" in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Semantics? I really thought it was a FOX pas. You know; where you misrepresent items in your IMPORTANT SENTENCES!!!!! and THREAD Starting IDEAS!!!

Blow me.