Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When will you New Yorkers stand up to your Nanny Mayor?

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/546596_10150927115276178_6333396177_9758971_797843776_n.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4481129]MODS, please move to Politics, so someone can call someone a liberal puke.[/QUOTE]
    [SIZE="5"]YOU FAT FUKK:D[/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4481130]Banned? LOL....most of the stuff PK uses and enjoys is illegal.[/QUOTE]

lolz!!

I dunno. I may make a killing smuggling 20 0z sodas to NYC.

[QUOTE=Warfish]I truly look forward to the day your Anti-Libertarianism catches up with you PK, and something you use or enjoy is banned.

Not only is this law 100% ineffective, via a number of routes and reasons, it's 100% uncalled for. Someone else being a fat ass is none of your ****ing business one way or the other, tbqh.

P.S. Enjoy your youthful metabolim whilst it lasts kiddo.[/QUOTE]

Can you send me some bath salts from VA? They just banned them here in NY. :P They also banned FourLoko. Gonna make it a lot harder to eat people's faces this weekend...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4481147]Can you send me some bath salts from VA? They just banned them here in NY. :P[/QUOTE]

**** no.

Those are mine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4481067]My personal view is that he knows this wont pass BUT will bring the issue forefront.

1/2 of calories consumed by the fat *ucks of this country are consumed in liquid form, not to mention fries, burgers etc. Many have no insurance or drive up the group rates we all pay.

SOMETHING need be done to the fat lazy a$$es in this country.

This , IMO, is the mayors attempt to bring it up. He is a lame duck and DEEP down I believe he is helping society by having the issue so front and center.

IMO....he probably is.[/QUOTE]

Its a waste of legislative time tbqh, so while I can appreciate wanting to bring the issue to the forefront, theres other better ways to do that (marketing efforts for example) other than legislating.

I dont personally drink a lot of soda, nor do I live in NYC anymore, but if Im down there for work or pleasure and want a super giant soda one day, or a double whopper, or whatever, I dont want government telling me I cant.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4481147]lolz!!

I dunno. I may make a killing smuggling 20 0z sodas to NYC.

Can you send me some bath salts from VA? They just banned them here in NY. :P They also banned FourLoko. Gonna make it a lot harder to eat people's faces this weekend...[/QUOTE]

Walk the beaches of Coney Island with a cooler selling giant sodas.

Saw some FourLokos in a local deli by me the other day, must be old stock. Thought about buying em up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's next? Exercise Police?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4481112]The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.

Ben Franklin loved Jolt™[/QUOTE]

Not bad, Fatso

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4481149]Its a waste of legislative time tbqh, so while I can appreciate wanting to bring the issue to the forefront, theres other better ways to do that (marketing efforts for example) other than legislating.

I dont personally drink a lot of soda, nor do I live in NYC anymore, but if Im down there for work or pleasure and want a super giant soda one day, or a double whopper, or whatever, I dont want government telling me I cant.[/QUOTE]

From the city's perspective...this is A LOT cheaper than marketing.

This is a NATIONWIDE story that cost the city next to nothing.

I am almost a libertarian so I disagree with the mayor but I think I see what he is trying to do. HE KNOWS this wont pass.

Wasn't their an "anti happy meal" movement in SF?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=baldnuts1;4481154]What's next? Exercise Police?[/QUOTE]

Even worse.

Banning the sale of alcohol before noon on Sundays.

:eek:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;4481153]Walk the beaches of Coney Island with a cooler selling giant sodas.

Saw some FourLokos in a local deli by me the other day, must be old stock. Thought about buying em up.[/QUOTE]

No, those are the re-packaged, 'safe' forumula ones.
    I tried one anyway and it was horrendous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4481158]Even worse.

Banning the sale of alcohol before noon on Sundays.

:eek:[/QUOTE]

Those a$$holes in NC have that stupid law.

I like grocery shopping on Sunday mornings before the store is crowded and I cant buy my Colt 45 or pink Champale. Pizz me off.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what'll be funny......Soda over 16 oz is banned. Too much sugar.

Future Sight: Kids walking about with a six-pack of 16 oz. Sodas, and the new "UltraSweetz!" candbar, now with 10x the suger of regular candybars.

Effective Govt. in action. Someone should follow the old Bloomster around, and snap pictures of anything he eats that might have a high suger content.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The proposed ban is silly. Moreso is the phony wharrgharbling over it from many of the dumbells in this country.

I wonder if most of them show the same outrage over illegal drugs, some of which are far less harmful than the sh!t they eat and drink daily. Some surely do, but I bet most don't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4481159]No, those are the re-packaged, 'safe' forumula ones.
    I tried one anyway and it was horrendous.[/QUOTE]

I think they took out the caffeine to work around it.

I found a better deal though. This sh*t called...lol...."Natty Daddy". Sold for $1.10 a 24 oz can here and it is 8% abv. 3 of those suckers and I'm pissing off the railing on the back deck while singing Eminem songs in my Wayne Newton lounge singer voice.

And it only cost me $3.45...lol

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4481160]Those a$$holes in NC have that stupid law.

I like grocery shopping on Sunday mornings before the store is crowded and I cant buy my Colt 45 or pink Champale. Pizz me off.[/QUOTE]

It's even worse during football season.

I try, I really do, to stock up on Saturday so I have enough for gameday. But it never seems to work out. :P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isnt Pepsico based out of Somers?

Im sure they would have a say in how much soda goes in a cup!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4481172]I think they took out the caffeine to work around it.

I found a better deal though. This sh*t called...lol...."Natty Daddy". Sold for $1.10 a 24 oz can here and it is 8% abv. 3 of those suckers and I'm pissing off the railing on the back deck while singing Eminem songs in my Wayne Newton lounge singer voice.

And it only cost me $3.45...lol

It's even worse during football season.

I try, I really do, to stock up on Saturday so I have enough for gameday. But it never seems to work out. :P[/QUOTE]

You have the 12pm Sunday rule in NY???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=baldnuts1;4481059]When will you New Yorkers stand up to your Nanny Mayor?[/QUOTE]

They can't stand up, that's the problem. They are too overweight and lethargic. :yes:
    Last edited by jxc; 05-31-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Yikes: I just realized where I posted. I don't belong here. I feel dirty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4481157]From the city's perspective...this is A LOT cheaper than marketing.

This is a NATIONWIDE story that cost the city next to nothing.

I am almost a libertarian so I disagree with the mayor but I think I see what he is trying to do. HE KNOWS this wont pass.

Wasn't their an "anti happy meal" movement in SF?[/QUOTE]

Even cheaper solution for NYC? Let Bloomberg spend his own money on his pet cause, and not propose useless legislation bound to fail.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4481174]You have the 12pm Sunday rule in NY???[/QUOTE]

Technically, it's 12:00 noon.

Same thing in NJ.

_