Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When will you New Yorkers stand up to your Nanny Mayor?

Banned
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4481174]You have the 12pm Sunday rule in NY???[/QUOTE]

Not anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Braumeister;4481181]Not anymore.[/QUOTE]

Really?

We still have it in NJ.

_

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4481172]It's even worse during football season.

I try, I really do, to stock up on Saturday so I have enough for gameday. But it never seems to work out. :P[/QUOTE]

Sitting around for three hours watching football, drinking alcohol and comsuming bad food is bad for you.

As such, the Mayor of New York is proposing that television coverage, via broadcast, cable, satellite and internet, of sporting events longer than 1 hour be made illegal in New York City.

This is the first step to the Mayors bold multi-step plan to put mandatory time-locks on all televisions and personal computers, allowing no more than 1 hour of use before a 6 hour "health lockout" shuts down the equipment.

One resident voiced support for the plan, telling MyFoxNY.com "sitting on your ass for more than an hour is really unhealthy and I don't see any reason you need to sit around watching sports or playing video games for more than 20 minutes."
    Last edited by Warfish; 05-31-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4481185]Really?

We still have it in NJ.

_[/QUOTE]

I believe it is 3am-8am now in NY.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Braumeister;4481181]Not anymore.[/QUOTE]

Holy f*ck.

I didn't realize that. I checked on the Wiki page for alcohol laws state by state and it says off-premises sales of beer are allowed in NY 24 hrs a day...7 days a week.

How long has it been like that?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4481186]Sitting around for three hours watching football, drinking alcohol and comsuming bad food is bad for you.[/QUOTE]

Umm.

They already have laws like that, silly.

In NC, you can't liquor on Sundays.

Take that, Mr. Libertarian. Some of our most patriotic states have been destroying people liberties for hundreds of years based on the notion that they know whats best for you ;)

Oh. And BTW...because (in my usual form) I have not stated my opinion on the soda ban, I will do so now.

It is stupid to ban it.

:P:D;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4481189]Holy f*ck.

I didn't realize that. I checked on the Wiki page for alcohol laws state by state and it says off-premises sales of beer are allowed in NY 24 hrs a day...7 days a week.

How long has it been like that?[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to go all GMC here, but isn't Central New York...in New York?

:D

_

Banned
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4481189]Holy f*ck.

How long has it been like that?[/QUOTE]

A while now.

I used to play flag football on Sunday mornings, and before games I'd buy some beer for the team's post-game drinking binge in the parking lot (I played on a team of dirtbags from the east end ;) ).

And it's been a few years since I stopped playing.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 05-31-2012 at 02:36 PM.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4481193]In NC, you can't liquor on Sundays.

Take that, Mr. Libertarian. Some of our most patriotic states have been destroying people liberties for hundreds of years based on the notion that they know whats best for you ;)[/quote]

Which I am also against.

[QUOTE]Oh. And BTW...because (in my usual form) I have not stated my opinion on the soda ban, I will do so now.

It is stupid to ban it.[/QUOTE]

Aye, gotta get your trolling in first, I understand.:P

Glad we agree.

Oh, and btw, I JUST got what you meant with that "bath salts" reference.

Face Eating Zombies, ugh. I saw the picture of the poor victims face....once seen, cannot be unseen.

I'd share but, :Banhammer:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4481180]Technically, it's 12:00 noon.

Same thing in NJ.

_[/QUOTE]

then why is it 12AM????:steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4481210]then why is it 12AM????:steamin:[/QUOTE]

It's not.

Noon or midnight.

am and pm don't really have an exact specification to the 12 o'clock hours.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4481234]It's not.

Noon or midnight.

_[/QUOTE]

Wrong. If it's midnight, it's 12:00am. Because a minute later, it would be 12:01am.

I know this.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4481186]Sitting around for three hours watching football, drinking alcohol and comsuming bad food is bad for you.

As such, the Mayor of New York is proposing that television coverage, via broadcast, cable, satellite and internet, of sporting events longer than 1 hour be made illegal in New York City.

This is the first step to the Mayors bold multi-step plan to put mandatory time-locks on all televisions and personal computers, allowing no more than 1 hour of use before a 6 hour "health lockout" shuts down the equipment.

One resident voiced support for the plan, telling MyFoxNY.com "sitting on your ass for more than an hour is really unhealthy and I don't see any reason you need to sit around watching sports or playing video games for more than 20 minutes."[/QUOTE]

Warfish = Really, really gets it!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4481234]It's not.

Noon or midnight.

_[/QUOTE]

12AM = midnight = 0000 hours
    12PM = noon = 1200 hours

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4481241]Wrong. If it's midnight, it's 12:00am. Because a minute later, it would be 12:01am.

I know this.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4481266]12AM = midnight = 0000 hours
    12PM = noon = 1200 hours[/QUOTE]

Also wrong.

No evidence of this, just revisionist speculation.

I know this.

Off to a closing dinner at Bar American, GMC me all you want.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4481186]Sitting around for three hours watching football, drinking alcohol and comsuming bad food is bad for you.

One resident voiced support for the plan, telling MyFoxNY.com "sitting on your ass for more than an hour is really unhealthy [B]and I don't see any reason you need to sit around watching sports or playing video games [/B]for more than 20 minutes."[/QUOTE]

Dude, stay away from my wife.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4481160]Those a$$holes in NC have that stupid law.

I like grocery shopping on Sunday mornings before the store is crowded and I cant buy my Colt 45 or pink Champale. Pizz me off.[/QUOTE]

We have the same law in Texas. :eek:

Midnight Sat to 12:00 noon Sunday is off limits for all alcohol sales.
    I often shop on Sunday morning and it's annoying not to be able to buy beer/wine, especially since the football games start at noon here.

Beer & wine can be bought Sunday noon to Saturday midnight, basically all week.
    But liquor only till 9 PM Mon-Sat.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Word on the street is that he's looking into banning BJs with teeth, so its not all bad.

[QUOTE=Braumeister;4481188]I believe it is 3am-8am now in NY.[/QUOTE]

well thats a good thing then.
    i remember several time on summer sunday mornings heading to spend a day of sailing in the li sound getting aggrevated because i didnt stock up and had to waiit for an hour till noon to get some suds. used to piss me off

as far as bloomberg...i hate the guy for a lot of reasons but i applaud him in standing up to common sense widespread madness. this country is in extremely sick shape health wise and its going to get worse. the fatties will drain the health care system

All League
    How come the airlines weigh your bags but not you? I weigh 180 and it costs me more to fly with a 40 pound bag than some shamu weighing 325 with a 20 pound bag. How does that make sense?