Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rasmussen: Romney now up in Ohio

Rasmussen: Romney now up in Ohio

Not just in Ohio, Rasmussen states, but also in Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia. In case you haven’t been keeping score, those are four states that Barack Obama won in 2008, and which Mitt Romney must take away to have a shot at the Presidency in November. According to the latest from Rasmussen, Romney’s on his way. After just one month of focusing all his efforts on Obama, Romney now has leads in all four swing states:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows Mitt Romney with 46% of the vote to President Obama’s 45%. …

Romney has inched ahead of Obama in Ohio, taking the lead in the key battleground state after the president has led there for several months. This also marks a continuing shift in the critical Core Four states – Ohio, Florida, North Carolina and Virginia – with the Republican now leading in all four for the first time in Rasmussen Reports polling this year.

Only the Ohio numbers are fresh, actually, but they are critical. “Inched” is probably a good description for Ohio; Romney leads only by two, 46/44. The low level of support for Obama as an incumbent with Romney only now winning the GOP nomination is probably the bigger story. Rasmussen has a D/R/I sample in this survey of 34/31/35, which is much better for Democrats than the 36/37/28 that turned out in the 2010 midterms. If anything, this poll might undersample Republicans.

Romney leads Obama among independents by a wide margin, 47/35, a disastrous outcome for Obama in Ohio. [B]The gender gap actually tilts slightly in Romney’s favor[/B], with a 51/39 lead among men and a 41/48 deficit among women. Romney wins majorities among the two older age demos, while losing younger voters by 21 points, 32/53.

[url]http://hotair.com/archives/2012/05/31/rasmussen-romney-now-up-in-ohio/[/url]

:rotfl: war on women

[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz5jy3h5dG1r5s9qo.jpg[/IMG]

+

[IMG]http://www.extremesavingswithdivadesirae.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/jergens-lotion-deal.jpg[/IMG]

Romney is going to win the Presidency running away...it's certainly looking that way

[QUOTE=Tucker134;4481277]Romney is going to win the Presidency running away...it's certainly looking that way[/QUOTE]

You can't help yourself. :D

[B]President Obama and Mitt Romney are running neck-and-neck in three key battlegrounds -- Colorado, Iowa and Nevada -- according to a new slate of NBC News/Marist polls of registered voters.
    [/B]

:byebye:

A majority of voters in each state feel optimistic about the state of the economy, and say the worst of the storm is in the rearview mirror. Still, majorities in this trio of battlegrounds feel that the nation is on the wrong track.

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/05/31/polls_show_tight_race_in_colorado_iowa_nevada.html[/url]

[IMG]http://www.sabinabecker.com/images/stfu-soldier.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4481401][B]President Obama and Mitt Romney are running neck-and-neck in three key battlegrounds -- Colorado, Iowa and Nevada -- according to a new slate of NBC News/Marist polls of registered voters.
    [/B]

A majority of voters in each state feel optimistic about the state of the economy, and say the worst of the storm is in the rearview mirror. Still, majorities in this trio of battlegrounds feel that the nation is on the wrong track.

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/05/31/polls_show_tight_race_in_colorado_iowa_nevada.html[/url][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.sabinabecker.com/images/stfu-soldier.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4481401][B]President Obama and Mitt Romney are running neck-and-neck in three key battlegrounds -- Colorado, Iowa and Nevada -- according to a new slate of NBC News/Marist polls of registered voters.
    [/B]

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/05/31/polls_show_tight_race_in_colorado_iowa_nevada.html[/url][/QUOTE]

In most of the polls you have between 5-8% undecided. In years where incumbents are running the undecided group averages an 80% break for the challenger. Romney is looking great poll wise at the moment. I predict that by the time the GOP convention is here Romney will have a 5-7 point lead in the national polls.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4481649]In most of the polls you have between 5-8% undecided. In years where incumbents are running the undecided group averages an 80% break for the challenger. Romney is looking great poll wise at the moment. I predict that by the time the GOP convention is here Romney will have a 5-7 point lead in the national polls.[/QUOTE]

Romney is doing well because he is staying away from the media, but if he keeps Trump around and starts to give a lot of interviews watch out.

[QUOTE=cr726;4481655]Romney is doing well because he is staying away from the media, but if he keeps Trump around and starts to give a lot of interviews watch out.[/QUOTE]

Yes because when I go to the polls to vote I'll be thinking about donald Trump and who won the last season of apprentice.

Actually Romney is doing well because people are starting to realize who he is. The economy is back on the downward spiral. Alan Greenspan today on CNBC warned that the debt bubble Obama is fermenting is going to sink us soon. Obama has offered zero solutions but to blame the previous administration. No fixes, no solutions, just more spending. Only a progressive moron would ever conclude that the way out of a debt bubble is to spend more. Those of us that aren't morons are scratching our heads and wondering what these idiots could possible be thinking. The truth is they dont care. Most politicians dont give a ****. Barry is the king of not giving a crap.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4481692]Yes because when I go to the polls to vote I'll be thinking about donald Trump and who won the last season of apprentice.

Actually Romney is doing well because people are starting to realize who he is. The economy is back on the downward spiral. Alan Greenspan today on CNBC warned that the debt bubble Obama is fermenting is going to sink us soon. Obama has offered zero solutions but to blame the previous administration. No fixes, no solutions, just more spending. [B]Only a progressive moron [/B]would ever conclude that the way out of a debt bubble is to spend more. Those of us that aren't morons are scratching our heads and wondering what these idiots could possible be thinking. The truth is they dont care. Most politicians dont give a ****. Barry is the king of not giving a crap.[/QUOTE]

Or a 5th columnist intentionally destroying the country.

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4481766]Or a 5th columnist intentionally destroying the country.[/QUOTE]

My opinion is that they are simply morons but you could be right as well.

[QUOTE=cr726;4481655]Romney is doing well because he is staying away from the media, but if he keeps Trump around and starts to give a lot of interviews watch out.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

Trump is an asset because 1) he is a real conservative 2) he isn't willing to back down from the media and 3) he actually has a real business record of creating jobs.

[B]I love Mitt but if he's running as a jobs creator he is going to end up losing the election. All he did was strip Bain Capital and MA was ranked 47th in job growth during the 4 years he was governor.[/B]

Let's see what the polls in November say just because he's statistically tied right now means nothing Kerry was tied with Bush two months before the 2004 election and Bush won in a landslide.

To tell you the truth I think Trump would actually be Mitt's best running mate. Not Christie or Rubio. [B]Trump is an actual jobs creator[/B].
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 06-01-2012 at 12:38 PM.

CNN just released the most damning poll yet for Obama and that was before todays jobs disaster.

[I]In the battle for crucial independent voters, the poll indicates Romney holds a 51%-39% advantage.[/I]

Ouch! I generally ignore top line numbers in Polls other then Gallup and Rassmussen because they often use faulty assumptions. But I always look at the numbers for independents. The country today is divided almost perfectly with 33%GOP 33% Dem and 33% independent. The Independents always decide presidential elections. Romneys 12 point advantage is telling.

Prediction: After this weeks jobs number the polls next week will show significant movement. I expect to be touting polls by next Friday that show Romney at +5 nationally. I also expect to see Obamas approval down from 47% to 44-43%. You all can call me out on this next week.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4481982]I disagree.

Trump is an asset because 1) he is a real conservative 2) he isn't willing to back down from the media and 3) he actually has a real business record of creating jobs.

[B]I love Mitt but if he's running as a jobs creator he is going to end up losing the election. All he did was strip Bain Capital and MA was ranked 47th in job growth during the 4 years he was governor.[/B]

Let's see what the polls in November say just because he's statistically tied right now means nothing Kerry was tied with Bush two months before the 2004 election and Bush won in a landslide.

To tell you the truth I think Trump would actually be Mitt's best running mate. Not Christie or Rubio. [B]Trump is an actual jobs creator[/B].[/QUOTE]

Mass had 4.3% unemployment during Romneys tenure. Thats why they lagged in job creation. They were at full employment. The problem in Mass was budget deficits and Romney fixed that. Also his record at Bain was excellent. They had an 80% success rate in turning around failing companies. Aside from creating 100,000+ new jobs at Staples, Bright Horizons and other venture capital projects their private equity division saved tens of thousands of jobs. Trump is the man no doubt but Romney's record is undeniable.

Greenspan, you want to quote f'n Greenspan! Hysterical. You are voting for Romney no matter what so please stop pretending you are even a little bit unbiased. Trump is a BIRTHER and he won't stop, it's embarrassing, people are relieved the GOP finally has a nominee. Wait until the debates and the race really heats up. It's going to be a good tight race.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4481692]Yes because when I go to the polls to vote I'll be thinking about donald Trump and who won the last season of apprentice.

Actually Romney is doing well because people are starting to realize who he is. The economy is back on the downward spiral. Alan Greenspan today on CNBC warned that the debt bubble Obama is fermenting is going to sink us soon. Obama has offered zero solutions but to blame the previous administration. No fixes, no solutions, just more spending. Only a progressive moron would ever conclude that the way out of a debt bubble is to spend more. Those of us that aren't morons are scratching our heads and wondering what these idiots could possible be thinking. The truth is they dont care. Most politicians dont give a ****. Barry is the king of not giving a crap.[/QUOTE]

Trump is a brand, the man is a ego maniac.

To tell you the truth I think Trump would actually be Mitt's best running mate. Not Christie or Rubio. [B]Trump is an actual jobs creator[/B].[/QUOTE]

All Pro

go away VT

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4481982][B]I love Mitt but if he's running as a jobs creator he is going to end up losing the election. All he did was strip Bain Capital and MA was ranked 47th in job growth during the 4 years he was governor.[/B][/QUOTE]
    What are you talking about?

Bain Captial's capital turned Staples into a household name from a one-store location - tens of thousands of jobs created right there. End of job creation on resume check.

When Democrats try and make Romney the villain of Bain Capital they're inadvertently advertising the fact that he's a phenomenally successful businessman - something that contrasts very nicely with the idiot in the White House today.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4482328]What are you talking about?

Bain Captial's capital turned Staples into a household name from a one-store location - tens of thousands of jobs created right there. End of job creation on resume check.

When Democrats try and make Romney the villain of Bain Capital they're inadvertently advertising the fact that he's a phenomenally successful businessman - something that contrasts very nicely with the idiot in the White House today.[/QUOTE]

Obama getting OBL doesn't matter right?

[QUOTE=cr726;4482336]Obama getting OBL doesn't matter right?[/QUOTE]
    As an American? Yes. As a voter? No.