Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: JI Euro 2012 Pick 'Em Tounament

Was pulling for England after the adversity they'd faced comin in. They had plenty of chances to score. However, it was hard to watch the last 30-45 minutes where they couldn't maintain possession for more than 10 seconds before turning it over.

Call me crazy, but I didn't think Rooney brought much to the table.

Pirlo showed elephant sized balls dropping that floater penalty kick down the middle on Hart.

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Call me crazy, but I didn't think Rooney brought much to the table.
    Great opportunity on a header but just missed... But you're right, there were a few moments and a whole lot of nothing...

Jets Insider VIP
    Don’t want to sidetrack a real soccer thread with the same ole BS, but the French team is again in turmoil. After the South African debacle, French players are again acting like dooshbags:

- After his goal against England, Nasri runs for the press section with his finger to his lips saying “STFU”. He had been criticized over the last few games.
    - After a complete no show against Sweden, in the locker room Ben Arfa goes straight for his cell phone to which Laurent Blanc says “Why don’t you call your parents while you’re at it”. He talks back saying “Why don’t you just send me home”. Legitimate question..
    - After that game as well where we were destroyed physically and in terms of desire, Diarra calls out Nasri for not putting in enough effort. Nasri tells him to STFU as well and to show him more respect
    - Spain game, came and went. During the game Jeremy Menez tells his captain to STFU after he told him to come back on defense. Menez also wins “The Most Retarded Yellow Card of The Tournament” for telling the ref “vafanculo” 10 minutes after subbing in.
    - After the game, Nasri walks by the press without stopping. A journalist asks him a question anyways. He responds that he’ll write sh*t anyways. Journalist doesn’t back down and says “If that’s all you got to say, take off”. Nasri then insults him, his mother and everyone around….

I’m so sick of this team full of egocentric hot heads, who don’t have half the talent they claim to have or required to open their traps the way they do.

We have a real problem in terms of maturity. These millionaire 20 year olds, who haven’t won squat in their careers, can’t utter a full sentence without 3 grammatical errors and their sense of entitlement can go f themselves. I’d rather lose with men, than win with these POS.

Can’t wait for some real soccer in the semis..
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 06-26-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Don’t want to sidetrack a real soccer thread with the same ole BS, but the French team is again in turmoil. After the South African debacle, French players are again acting like dooshbags:

- After his goal against England, Nasri runs for the press section with his finger to his lips saying “STFU”. He had been criticized over the last few games.
    - After a complete no show against Sweden, in the locker room Ben Arfa goes straight for his cell phone to which Laurent Blanc says “Why don’t you call your parents while you’re at it”. He talks back saying “Why don’t you just send me home”. Legitimate question..
    - After that game as well where we were destroyed physically and in terms of desire, Diarra calls out Nasri for not putting in enough effort. Nasri tells him to STFU as well and to show him more respect
    - Spain game, came and went. During the game Jeremy Menez tells his captain to STFU after he told him to come back on defense. Menez also wins “The Most Retarded Yellow Card of The Tournament” for telling the ref “vafanculo” 10 minutes after subbing in.
    - After the game, Nasri walks by the press without stopping. A journalist asks him a question anyways. He responds that he’ll write sh*t anyways. Journalist doesn’t back down and says “If that’s all you got to say, take off”. Nasri then insults him, his mother and everyone around….

I’m so sick of this team full of egocentric hot heads, who don’t have half the talent they claim to have or required to open their traps the way they do.

We have a real problem in terms of maturity. These millionaire 20 year olds, who haven’t won squat in their careers, can’t utter a full sentence without 3 grammatical errors and their sense of entitlement can go f themselves. I’d rather lose with men, than win with these POS.

Can’t wait for some real soccer in the semis..

It sounds like they need a new coach.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Somewhere this guy is laughing his ass off

For the first time since...well, ever...the Italians have been the most likeable team of the tourney for me, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually pulling for them to win it all, although I believe the Germans will do so.

Pirlo is a maestro, the Panenka was brilliant it visibly deflated that arrogant bastard Hart and gave the other Italians confidence. I'd like to know what Milan are thinking after the year Pirlo's had both with Juve and the Azurri about letting him walk last year.
    Last edited by The Turk; 06-27-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Veteran
    [rant] I’d rather lose with men, than win with these POS.[rant]
    hmmmm....what about losing with those POS's, any thoughts?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I doubt that would change anything. Laurent Blanc has one the most respected careers in France, and still wasn’t able to get respect. Even if Zidane was coach, they’d still talk back. They respect nothing..

What we need is a tolerance zero attitude. Being the best at your position won’t cut it anymore. You have to be a Pro, in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Somewhere this guy is laughing his ass off

He had an editorial in a newspaper where he ripped a few players.

For the first time since...well, ever...the Italians have been the most likeable team of the tourney for me, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually pulling for them to win it all, although I believe the Germans will do so.

Pirlo is a maestro, the Panenka was brilliant it visibly deflated that arrogant bastard Hart and gave the other Italians confidence. I'd like to know what Milan are thinking after the year Pirlo's had both with Juve and the Azurri about letting him walk last year.
    Agreed they've been surprising, but still want them to fail miserably.

0-0 pass to semis in a shootout. Is there anything more obvious, besides France sucking donkey balls??
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 06-27-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Veteran
    I doubt that would change anything. Laurent Blanc has one the most respected careers in France, and still wasn’t able to get respect. Even if Zidane was coach, they’d still talk back. They respect nothing..

What we need is a tolerance zero attitude. Being the best at your position won’t cut it anymore. You have to be a Pro, in and out.

He had an editorial in a newspaper where he ripped a few players.

Agreed they've been surprising, but still want them to fail miserably.

0-0 pass to semis in a shootout. Is there anything more obvious, besides France sucking donkey balls??
    I like to hate the Italians just as much as the next guy but I think the last few tourneys Italians have been out-italianed most notably by the Portugese and to a lesser extent the Spaniards and even the Dutch in 2010 (remember De Jong's karate kick in the final?) so I'm really pulling for them this time around.

It was a 0-0 and a shootout win but there was nothing "Italian" about the way the Italians played that game. From the first minute to the 120.th they were the ones pressing for the goal and the English were playing Catenaccio it would have been the ultimate irony had the historically catenaccio playing penalty shootout winning "Italy" been eliminated by the historically "playing better than the opposition but losing in a shootout" England.

Spain is too arrogant and boring, Portugal are a bunch of girly men, Germans are good but the Italians have been the cinderalla story for me.

I mean they were the better team against Spain but only got a draw they were the better team against Croatia abut only got a draw they were clearly better than the two brits they faced. Ironically their biggest problem is that they lack a finisher inside the box. If half of the chances that fell to Balotelli had fallen to an Inzaghi, Del Piero or Vieri we would have been speaking about how Italy was dominating everyone they played.

Veteran
    I like to hate the Italians just as much as the next guy but I think the last few tourneys Italians have been out-italianed most notably by the Portugese and to a lesser extent the Spaniards and even the Dutch in 2010 (remember De Jong's karate kick in the final?) so I'm really pulling for them this time around.

It was a 0-0 and a shootout win but there was nothing "Italian" about the way the Italians played that game. From the first minute to the 120.th they were the ones pressing for the goal and the English were playing Catenaccio it would have been the ultimate irony had the historically catenaccio playing penalty shootout winning "Italy" been eliminated by the historically "playing better than the opposition but losing in a shootout" England.

Spain is too arrogant and boring, Portugal are a bunch of girly men, Germans are good but the Italians have been the cinderalla story for me.

I mean they were the better team against Spain but only got a draw they were the better team against Croatia abut only got a draw they were clearly better than the two brits they faced. Ironically their biggest problem is that they lack a finisher inside the box. If half of the chances that fell to Balotelli had fallen to an Inzaghi, Del Piero or Vieri we would have been speaking about how Italy was dominating everyone they played.
    but then again...

they are still italians...

Jets Insider VIP
    ESPANA

put it in the books

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Can he jinx 4 teams?

Jets Insider VIP
    Huge save for Portugal.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Sucks it comes down to PK, but this is pretty good.

Jets Insider VIP
    sexy.

Jets Insider VIP
    so, so.

Jets Insider VIP
    They play keep away now?

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Soccer should be a constant tournament, good sh*t.

Jets Insider VIP
    WTF????

Jets Insider VIP
    Why the whistling? During the game, not when guys come off.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 06-28-2012 at 04:14 PM.