Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: JI Euro 2012 Pick 'Em Tounament

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Why the whistling? During the game, not when guys come off.
    Full sentences. Make them must. You.

Jets Insider VIP
    Friggin Italians...

FML

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Full sentences. Make them must. You.
    Does whistling have different meanings at different times of the game or is it all just positive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Does whistling have different meanings at different times of the game or is it all just positive.
    Whistling is the international booooo

It's probably German fans pissed at their team.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Whistling is the international booooo

It's probably German fans pissed at their team.
    Thanks, you learn something everyday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks, you learn something everyday.
    There was a constant backdrop of whistling which was weird. At the end of the game you'll have italian fans whistling in protest for the ref to end the game, whistle when there's an uncalled foul...etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    There was a constant backdrop of whistling which was weird. At the end of the game you'll have italian fans whistling in protest for the ref to end the game, whistle when there's an uncalled foul...etc.
    I thought there were a variety of reasons, but I wouldn't recognize what some may see as a bad call etc. Sorry I put the jinx on the French with my original positive comment on them earlier in the thread, should have known better.

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought there were a variety of reasons, but I wouldn't recognize what some may see as a bad call etc. Sorry I put the jinx on the French with my original positive comment on them earlier in the thread, should have known better.
    Never trust the French.

Jets Insider VIP
    Never trust the French.

All Pro
    whether Italy win or not, Pirlo should be up for Balon d' Or. He probably wouldn't win it over Messi, but he should still be in the last 3. Won the title with Juve going undefeated and got Italy to the Euro Final. All class, my fav Italian player, possibly of all time.

Germany came out with no confidence, how could the German players not sing their national anthem? They played with no emotion from that point on.

Super Mario could be the next big international star if he can learn to control his emotions. Was nice to see the English announcers rooting for him during the broadcast. They know him well playing for Chelsea.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 06-28-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Friggin Italians...

FML

I just watched it on my DVR. What a ****ing game. Pirlo has been playing awesomely, but how great has Buffon been?? He's made some ridiculous saves and has kept the whole defense in line. He's like the Marty Brodeur of calcio. He just doesn't age. If he records a clean sheet against Spain and they do a Man of the Tournament, Buffon should win easily.

I was getting nervous when Germany scored the PK. Italy had 3 freaking WIDE OPEN shots on goal to put them away and they just couldn't finish. Nerve wracking to say the least. They came in as big time underdogs and now are riding a huge wave of momentum against Spain. Don't count out the Azzurri.

And to think, I picked against them in the JI Pick'em.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post

I just watched it on my DVR. What a ****ing game. Pirlo has been playing awesomely, but how great has Buffon been?? He's made some ridiculous saves and has kept the whole defense in line. He's like the Marty Brodeur of calcio. He just doesn't age. If he records a clean sheet against Spain and they do a Man of the Tournament, Buffon should win easily.

I was getting nervous when Germany scored the PK. Italy had 3 freaking WIDE OPEN shots on goal to put them away and they just couldn't finish. Nerve wracking to say the least. They came in as big time underdogs and now are riding a huge wave of momentum against Spain. Don't count out the Azzurri.

And to think, I picked against them in the JI Pick'em.
    Watching Pirlo, is like drinking a nice wine. He's aged perfectly.

I actually think they'll win now.

FML

All Pro
    Would liked to have seen our local kid from NJ Giuseppe Rossi play in UEFA 2012. To bad the kid is injured, and was ruled out. Hope he changes his mind and plays for team USA in Brazil,if he still can.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Would liked to have seen our local kid from NJ Giuseppe Rossi play in UEFA 2012. To bad the kid is injured, and was ruled out. Hope he changes his mind and plays for team USA in Brazil,if he still can.
    I was wondering what happened to him.

Gone from hero to zero in this

Great matchup for the final, but think Spain a class apart from any team in the tournament.

Jets Insider VIP
    Forza Azzuri

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Rossi already played in Euro qualifiers and World Cup Qualifiers. He can only play for Italy

All Pro
    Mario looking a lot like Darryl Strawberry in this picture.

Jets Insider VIP
    Does that lone non Italian still play I think he was from Argentina? Cammarata? ? last world cup he was the only non Italian on the team.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Does that lone non Italian still play I think he was from Argentina? Cammarata? ? last world cup he was the only non Italian on the team.
    Mauro Camoranesi. Not on the national team anymore.