Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feds to Florida: halt non-citizen voter purge

[QUOTE=Trades;4485188]Yeah and I am a white, American citizen so I must not have anything to fear.[/QUOTE]

Naah, Not with black[B] racists[/B] running the country.

[QUOTE=Trades;4485152]Yes because sending 180k letters to ask people to prove they are legal and alive is such a bad thing to ask someone to do. If I ever got a letter like that from the state I would be happy that they are at least doing something that makes sense for a change.[/QUOTE]

180k to less than 2700, that's a fishing expedition not an investigation.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4485238]180k to less than 2700, that's a fishing expedition not an investigation.[/QUOTE]

As long as they have a license and they only keep the big ones why is that a problem?

Seriously though, what is the problem? The easy answer is to create a voter verification system requiring photo IDs at the polls. Then we don't need to send the letters. Oh that's right, it is only allowed when liberals need it like in Mass.

Is it that hard to answer a letter and prove you are a citizen and alive?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Trades;4485322]As long as they have a license and they only keep the big ones why is that a problem?

Seriously though, what is the problem? [B]The easy answer is to create a voter verification system requiring photo IDs at the polls[/B]. Then we don't need to send the letters. Oh that's right, it is only allowed when liberals need it like in Mass.

Is it that hard to answer a letter and prove you are a citizen and alive?[/QUOTE]

+1

I'm not a fan of the letters but why shouldn't people have to provide valid government ID when voting? And obviously illegal non-citizens should have no voting rights at all.

That said, some of the stuff in this thread is really racist and disturbing.

[QUOTE=Trades;4485322]As long as they have a license and they only keep the big ones why is that a problem?

Seriously though, what is the problem? The easy answer is to create a voter verification system requiring photo IDs at the polls. Then we don't need to send the letters. Oh that's right, it is only allowed when liberals need it like in Mass.

Is it that hard to answer a letter and prove you are a citizen and alive?[/QUOTE]

Is it enforceable? Is it part of the Voting Rights Act?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4485456]Is it enforceable? Is it part of the Voting Rights Act?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it violates the Voting Rights act to remove dead people or non-citizens from the rolls. Living citizens just need to prove they are alive and citizens. Why is that bad?

[QUOTE]Echoing the language of the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution"]15th Amendment[/URL], the Act prohibits states from imposing any "voting qualification or prerequisite to voting, or standard, practice, or procedure ... [B]to deny or abridge the right of any citizen[/B] of the United States to vote on account of race or color."[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_Rights_Act#cite_note-2"][[/URL][/QUOTE]

Enforceable? Sure, you are off the rolls if you don't reply and if you are off the rolls because you didn't respond but then proove you are alive and a citizen then you reregister.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Austin;4485454]+1

I'm not a fan of the letters but why shouldn't people have to provide valid government ID when voting? And obviously illegal non-citizens should have no voting rights at all.

That said, some of the stuff in this thread is really racist and disturbing.[/QUOTE]

What exactly do you find racist and disturbing?

[QUOTE=Trades;4485473]I don't think it violates the Voting Rights act to remove dead people or non-citizens from the rolls. Living citizens just need to prove they are alive and citizens. Why is that bad?

Enforceable? Sure, you are off the rolls if you don't reply and if you are off the rolls because you didn't respond but then proove you are alive and a citizen then you reregister.[/QUOTE]

Sending out random mailings is what the law requires?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Voting is a right, just like Gun Ownership.

Voting can be regulated, just like Gun ownership.

Voting rights van be denied, just like Gun ownership.

To buy a Gun, you must show a valid picture ID.

To vote, one should also have to show a valid picture ID.

If someone feels it will hurt "insert special interest/minority here", that person should work to promote that special interest/minority aquiring ID's, as a photo ID is a basic requirement in a vast array of things in a normal american life. It is in everyones best interests that every citizen have a picture ID of some kind.

And yes, for this, I support the State providing a basic-level (non drivers licence) picture ID to those who request it and rightfully can obtain it, free of charge.

If we followed this basic protection, this entire thread would never have happened.

[QUOTE=Trades;4485475]What exactly do you find racist and disturbing?[/QUOTE]

THIS!!! Sorry for answering for you Austin, But, I'm SURE this is what you meant.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeAmIIQTbXc[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4485515]THIS!!! Sorry for answering for you Austin, But, I'm SURE this is what you meant.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeAmIIQTbXc[/URL][/QUOTE]

I agree that is racist.

[QUOTE=Trades;4485523]I agree that is racist.[/QUOTE]

I've asked CR to comment on this and for some reason he hasn't yet.
    SMH in wonderment.