Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: non-farm payrolls out....+69000 vs

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4484399]Tell me your not defending California finances???[/QUOTE]

I guess you mean "tl;dr". :D

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4484331]Look jackass - people get into politics to serve; to make a difference. With some 30 million people in California, you will get loggerheads and stalemates. Your one-off, mealy-mouthed proclamations make me ill. The next time you say something relevant that isn't an amalgam of prejudice and bias...it will be the first. You are way off base with the Bay Bridge (not the Golden Gate, btw) as there were some serious North-South issues with financing - can you re-set that one for me? How about the lack of Federal Funds based on not using the "Made in USA" program? Can you tell me about how that evolved? Probably not, because it doesn't have a bedtime story about Obama the Witch built into it.[/QUOTE]

Listen here douche bag. First of all you can go suck a dick. What kind of a moderator starts off with personal attacks anyway? You live in a State that is bankrupt. San Jose has a vote going to reduce pay to already retired people. Now you want to export your brand of destruction to the rest of the country. No thanks. You can keep your personal attacks and your rainbows and lollipops in California where they belong. Your personal attack has been reported.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4484461]Listen here douche bag. First of all you can go suck a dick. What kind of a moderator starts off with personal attacks anyway? [B]You live in a State that is bankrupt. San Jose has a vote going to reduce pay to already retired people. Now you want to export your brand of destruction to the rest of the country[/B]. No thanks. You can keep your personal attacks and your rainbows and lollipops in California where they belong. Your personal attack has been reported.[/QUOTE]

WTH are you talking about? Answer the questions I asked.

BTW, a jackass is an animal; however, your CHOICE of colorful phrases can get you banned. I have no desire to ban you, but - holy irony - you cannot have it both ways. So edit your post, Shirley.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4484524]WTH are you talking about? Answer the questions I asked.

BTW, a jackass is an animal; however, your CHOICE of colorful phrases can get you banned. I have no desire to ban you, but - holy irony - you cannot have it both ways. So edit your post, Shirley.[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice any questions mixed in with your personal attacks. There was a bid on the Bay Bridge by a Us based firm that came in 300 Million over the Chinese firm. The Chinese firm ended up with close to a 300 Million cost overrun anyway so the end result may have been the same. As far as foregoing federal funding in order to give the job to a Chinese company that is something your politicians should answer to you for. They are too busy spending billions on a high speed rail to bankruptcy to worry about American manufacturing jobs.

Did you know that California is just about the only State in the union that charges sales tax on the purchase of capital equipment? Manufacturing companies are fleeing your state en mass due to the massive regulatory and tax burden instituted by San Francisco progressive liberals such as yourself. As I said before, you can keep your brand of politics of destruction. I will sit back and watch sadly as your once great state withers away. The tragedy of the whole thing is that when the bankruptcies begin kicking in the rest of the country will suffer for having to bail you out.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4484331]Your one-off, mealy-mouthed proclamations make me ill. The next time you say something relevant that isn't an amalgam of prejudice and bias...it will be the first. [/QUOTE]

Wow. :huh:

You couldn't have made a more egregious or erroneous post about somebody than the one you made here about chiefst2000.

This is pure character assassination. You should be ashamed.

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4484545]Wow. :huh:

You couldn't have made a more egregious or erroneous post about somebody than the one you made here about chiefst2000.

This is pure character assassination. You should be ashamed.[/QUOTE]

Oh lord.

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4484545]Wow. :huh:

This is pure character assassination. You should be ashamed.[/QUOTE]

:bow:

More Progressivism in Action Bankrupting California:

Ambitious plans for a fast track linking Los Angeles and San Francisco at speeds of up to 220mph in just over two-and-a-half hours were slimly approved by 53 per cent in a statewide ballot in 2008. That allowed the state to raise $10 billion from bonds and secured an injection of $3.5 billion in stimulus money from the Obama administration. There is currently no direct train route between the two.
    Construction is expected to begin later this year in the middle of California's Central Valley near Merced, a town of 80,000 people known for having one of the highest home foreclosure rates in America.
    The plan calls for around 300 miles of track to be laid south from there over the next 10 years to reach the northern outskirts of Los Angeles. A northern link from the Central Valley to San Francisco would not be completed until 2028.
    The project is still $54.9 billion short of what is needed, raising fears that the state will be unable to find the funds to finish later sections, and could be left with a futuristic rail line linking minor cities and farming communities.
    Amid disillusion over the cost and handling of the project, voters have now turned against what was supposed to become a symbol of state pride.
    RELATED ARTICLES
    California to force rail companies to come clean on Holocaust role 15 Aug 2010
    Savouring the Coast Starlight 13 Jan 2011
    Failing dreams: California faces its own Great Depression 14 Oct 2011
    A new poll shows almost three fifths would oppose the bullet train and halt public borrowing if given another chance to vote.
    Almost seven in 10 said that, if the train ever does run between Los Angeles and San Francisco, they would "never or hardly ever" use it.
    Not a single person said they would use it more than once a week, and only 33 per cent said they would prefer the bullet train over a one hour plane journey or seven hour drive. The cost of a ticket, estimated at $123 each way, also put many off. Jerry Brown, California's Democrat governor, has championed the project as a way to create jobs and is backed by unions. The 74-year-old governor has been personally committed to a high speed rail link since the 1970s.
    But he is trying to convince voters to spend billions on a train while at the same time proposing tax increases and austere public spending cuts, including a five per cent pay cut for state workers, to deal with a budget deficit that has ballooned to $16 billion.
    California's politicians have until Aug 31 to give a final green light to an initial $6 billion, 130-mile section of track in the Central Valley, and they are expected to approve it. Only a simple majority vote is needed in the Democrat controlled legislature.
    Jim Nielsen, the Republican vice chairman of the state's Assembly Budget Committee, who opposes the project, called it "an idea that gets worse the more information we get about it." In April the state's own Legislative Analyst's Office called the funding plan vague and speculative.
    Supporters say the California economy, the world's ninth largest, will recover in the long run and the remaining money will be found from private investors, the federal government and fees from the state's cap-and-trade programme to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
    They say the rail line will prove crucial to the state's economic future, linking north and south as airports and freeways reach capacity. But critics suggest the money will dry up and the state will instead be left with an "orphan track" linked to neither major city.
    Dan Schnur, Director of the Unruh Institute of Politics, who carried out the recent poll, said: "The growing budget deficit is making Californians hesitant about spending so much money on a project like this one when they're seeing cuts to public education and law enforcement."
    There was also disillusion with the handling of the project so far. It was initially projected to cost $45 billion and deliver passengers between the two major cities in a few hours by 2020.
    Last autumn the state-run California High-Speed Rail Authority, which is overseeing it, disclosed the cost had more than doubled to $98.5 billion with a finish date of 2033.
    After an outcry $30 billion was shaved off that estimate, but only by reducing the speed of the trains and using sections of existing slow track.
    The authority is also facing legal challenges from those whose land the track will have to cross.
    Last week agricultural groups filed a major environmental lawsuit asking for a preliminary injunction to block construction.
    Unless building begins shortly there is also a risk of losing federal funds. The federal government has set a deadline of September 2017 for finishing the first section of track.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4484529]I didn't notice any questions mixed in with your personal attacks. There was a bid on the Bay Bridge by a Us based firm that came in 300 Million over the Chinese firm. The Chinese firm ended up with close to a 300 Million cost overrun anyway so the end result may have been the same. As far as foregoing federal funding in order to give the job to a Chinese company that is something your politicians should answer to you for. They are too busy spending billions on a high speed rail to bankruptcy to worry about American manufacturing jobs.

Did you know that California is just about the only State in the union that charges sales tax on the purchase of capital equipment? Manufacturing companies are fleeing your state en mass due to the massive regulatory and tax burden instituted by San Francisco progressive liberals such as yourself. As I said before, you can keep your brand of politics of destruction. I will sit back and watch sadly as your once great state withers away. The tragedy of the whole thing is that when the bankruptcies begin kicking in the rest of the country will suffer for having to bail you out.[/QUOTE]

I am not a progressive liberal. You love tossing out labels when you get challenged on what you post, don't you?

Here's the irony: You rail about the Chinese building this bridge; yet it saved tax payer dollars (whatever the over-run was, it was still a smaller starting amount). If California went to the Feds to get the money to pay US Ironworkers to build it from scratch, that would look like government subsidy; which you always scream about while pointing at Obama (understandably, in many cases).

[QUOTE=chiefst2000]California decided not to apply for federal funding for the project because the “Buy America” provisos would probably have required purchasing more expensive steel and fabrication from United States manufacturers.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]But executives and officials who have awarded the various Chinese contracts say their audits have convinced them of the projects’ engineering integrity. [B]And they note that with the full financial force of the Chinese government behind its infrastructure companies, the monumental scale of the work, and the prices bid, are hard for private industry elsewhere to beat[/B].[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4484607]I am not a progressive liberal. You love tossing out labels when you get challenged on what you post, don't you?

Here's the irony: You rail about the Chinese building this bridge; yet it saved tax payer dollars (whatever the over-run was, it was still a smaller starting amount). If California went to the Feds to get the money to pay US Ironworkers to build it from scratch, that would look like government subsidy; which you always scream about while pointing at Obama (understandably, in many cases).[/QUOTE]

The economics of sending a project overseas to China is that the price savings must be massive in order to forego the benefits of manufacturing at home. I supported the move by congress a couple of years ago to give Boeing a contract that had been underbid by Airbus. I am personally involved with the American Manufacturing Industry and always support initiatives that help keep this type of work in America.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that California is in the toilet financially? Do you support the $64Billion train to nowhere?

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4484524]WTH are you talking about? Answer the questions I asked.

BTW, a jackass is an animal; however, your CHOICE of colorful phrases can get you banned. I have no desire to ban you, but - holy irony - you cannot have it both ways. So edit your post, Shirley.[/QUOTE]

[B]"BLOW ME"![/B]

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4484651]The economics of sending a project overseas to China is that the price savings must be massive in order to forego the benefits of manufacturing at home. I supported the move by congress a couple of years ago to give Boeing a contract that had been underbid by Airbus. I am personally involved with the American Manufacturing Industry and always support initiatives that help keep this type of work in America.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that California is in the toilet financially? Do you support the $64Billion train to nowhere?[/QUOTE]

californias problems are so evident...non defendable in my view.

[url]http://www.cnbc.com/id/46783384/California_Cities_Scramble_to_Avert_Insolvency%C2%A0[/url]

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/2-california-cities-vote-public-pension-cuts-081344939.html[/url]

[url]http://survivingcalifornia.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/ca-public-employee-pension-debt-actually-understated/[/url]

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4484651]The economics of sending a project overseas to China is that the price savings must be massive in order to forego the benefits of manufacturing at home. I supported the move by congress a couple of years ago to give Boeing a contract that had been underbid by Airbus. I am personally involved with the American Manufacturing Industry and always support initiatives that help keep this type of work in America.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that California is in the toilet financially? Do you support the $64Billion train to nowhere?[/QUOTE]No, I don't actively support the high speed rail.

[QUOTE=acepepe;4484655][B]"BLOW ME"![/B][/QUOTE]I C what U did there.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4484669]californias problems are so evident...non defendable in my view.

[url]http://www.cnbc.com/id/46783384/California_Cities_Scramble_to_Avert_Insolvency%C2%A0[/url]

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/2-california-cities-vote-public-pension-cuts-081344939.html[/url]

[url]http://survivingcalifornia.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/ca-public-employee-pension-debt-actually-understated/[/url][/QUOTE]

Show me a post where I defended California fiscal policy, Matt.

JetPotato posted about an Ohio student athlete that stopped her race to carry a fallen competitor over the FL because it was "the right thing to do". In the [I]same spirit[/I], most of those California Agencies were developed to serve the community; from that desire to share and make the lot of us stronger. But there is much more at play then a track meet; obviously many fiscal mistakes have been made in California.

This sentiment doesn't mean I support the fiscal policies, but that I appreciate the enormity of the job. Look at phenomena such as the Central Valley and water rights; immigration (many services and $$$ to do it "correctly"), industry and the environment....yes California is really in bad shape. Parties (not just political) are deadlocked.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4484921]No, I don't actively support the high speed rail.

I C what U did there.

Show me a post where I defended California fiscal policy, Matt.

JetPotato posted about an Ohio student athlete that stopped her race to carry a fallen competitor over the FL because it was "the right thing to do". In the [I]same spirit[/I], most of those California Agencies were developed to serve the community; from that desire to share and make the lot of us stronger.
    [/QUOTE]

Would you say that California with its agencies and programs has succeeded in making "the lot of you stronger"?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4484921]JetPotato posted about an Ohio student athlete that stopped her race to carry a fallen competitor over the FL because it was "the right thing to do". In the [I]same spirit[/I], most of those California Agencies were developed to serve the community; from that desire to share and make the lot of us stronger. But there is much more at play then a track meet; obviously many fiscal mistakes have been made in California.

This sentiment doesn't mean I support the fiscal policies, but that I appreciate the enormity of the job. Look at phenomena such as the Central Valley and water rights; immigration (many services and $$$ to do it "correctly"), industry and the environment....yes California is really in bad shape. Parties (not just political) are deadlocked.[/QUOTE]

The girl at the track meet "did the right thing" out of her own choosing. You and I say "good for her, I hope I would have made the same choice". But others may disagree. As is their right, whether most of us agree it is dooshy or not.

"Doing the right" thing by government actions FORCES ALL to participate, there is no choice, whether they agree or not.

Apples and oranges comparison.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4484937]The girl at the track meet "did the right thing" out of her own choosing. You and I say "good for her, I hope I would have made the same choice". But others may disagree. As is their right, whether most of us agree it is dooshy or not.

"Doing the right" thing by government actions FORCES ALL to participate, there is no choice, whether they agree or not.

Apples and oranges comparison.[/QUOTE]

Disagree, although that's a solid point. The effort to think about and create the apparatus to help others is directly related to the selfless actions of that young woman; originating from the spirit of humankind.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4484936]Would you say that California with its agencies and programs has succeeded in making "the lot of you stronger"?[/QUOTE]

I cannot cherry-pick here; would you agree that your question refers to the most basic infrastructure maintenance and services. California does many things right. That's a source of the fiscal problem because they f up the finances in many instances.

Do I think there is massive pork masquerading as various service agencies? You betcha.

BTW, Tell the CHP to stop taking $90K pensions at age 45. (I know many many LEOs; I'm not sniping. Just a point for conversation).

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4484988]Disagree, although that's a solid point. The effort to think about and create the apparatus to help others is directly related to the selfless actions of that young woman; originating from the spirit of humankind.[/QUOTE]

Forcing people to support the lifestyle of others under the threat of jail and confiscation of property (for votes and power) is not a noble endeavor. If you want to sit at home makin babies, watchin Oprah, and shovin chips and sodee water down your throat you should NOT be the responsibility of others.

[QUOTE=acepepe;4485002]Forcing people to support the lifestyle of others under the threat of jail and confiscation of property (for votes and power) is not a noble endeavor. If you want to sit at home makin babies, watchin Oprah, and shovin chips and sodee water down your throat you should NOT be the responsibility of others.[/QUOTE]

Making sh1t in a attempt to prove a point isn't noble either.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4485002]Forcing people to support the lifestyle of others under the threat of jail and confiscation of property (for votes and power) is not a noble endeavor. If you want to sit at home makin babies, watchin Oprah, and shovin chips and sodee water down your throat you should NOT be the responsibility of others.[/QUOTE]

ace, I thought you were one of those multi-millionaires demanding, BEGGING to pay more taxes. :D But what you really want is a list of those welfare artists so you can shake some sense into 'em.

Call me if you get the list and need a driver. :)

[QUOTE=cr726;4485011]Making sh1t in a attempt to prove a point isn't noble either.[/QUOTE]

Go into any inner city grocery store on Saturday night and tell me I'm making it up.