Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: non-farm payrolls out....+69000 vs

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4484921]No, I don't actively support the high speed rail.

I C what U did there.

Show me a post where I defended California fiscal policy, XXXX.

JetPotato posted about an Ohio student athlete that stopped her race to carry a fallen competitor over the FL because it was "the right thing to do". In the [I]same spirit[/I], most of those California Agencies were developed to serve the community; from that desire to share and make the lot of us stronger. But there is much more at play then a track meet; obviously many fiscal mistakes have been made in California.

This sentiment doesn't mean I support the fiscal policies, but that I appreciate the enormity of the job. Look at phenomena such as the Central Valley and water rights; immigration (many services and $$$ to do it "correctly"), industry and the environment....yes California is really in bad shape. Parties (not just political) are deadlocked.[/QUOTE]

My post was directed to Chiefst....not you. Supporting his position. No more no less.

Serve the community????? That is funny. These agencies are so bloated, I would imagine more than 1/2 of all dollars pays salaries and benefits and the problem never gets solved.

Public housing is a real solution. The NEA?? Its for the children.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4484655][B]"BLOW ME"![/B][/QUOTE]

Ripped and gay in Houston

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4484988]Disagree, although that's a solid point. The effort to think about and create the apparatus to help others is directly related to [B]the selfless actions of that young woman; originating from the spirit of humankind[/B].[/QUOTE]

Funny, what you're talking about here is morality. She made the same choice based on her moral code that you hope you would have also. Remember, this is what [I]you[/I] deem as selfless. Another may believe it is a fruitless, meaningless gesture that cheapens the spirit of competition. Regardless, you want to force all the runners in all the races to make the same choice as her. Because somehow, your shared moral code is superior to anyone who chooses differently.

Seems the same people who want to cite their moral code for the "betterment of society" are the same ones who scream and yell about the far right when they do it in regards to issues like abortion. "Keep your morality out of my vagina!" :rolleyes:

I guess if it's in the name of an organized, branded morality it's evil, but if you don't apply a strict, proper name to it, it's ok? Please explain.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4485053]Funny, what you're talking about here is morality. She made the same choice based on her moral code that you hope you would have also. Remember, this is what [I]you[/I] deem as selfless. Another may believe it is a fruitless, meaningless gesture that cheapens the spirit of competition. (1) [B]Regardless, you want to force all the runners in all the races to make the same choice as her.[/B] Because somehow, your shared moral code is superior to anyone who chooses differently.

(2)[B]Seems the same people who want to cite their moral code[/B] for the "betterment of society" are the same ones who scream and yell about the far right when they do it in regards to issues like abortion. "Keep your morality out of my vagina!" :rolleyes:

(3)[B]I guess if it's in the name of an organized, branded morality it's evil, but if you don't apply a strict, proper name to it, it's ok? Please explain[/B].[/QUOTE]
    1) I can't shake the feeling you are putting words in my mouth. Where there is no help; these agencies attmpt to make help available. Not sure about "moral code" for just getting the process started. It's implicit that any effort will be [I]compromised for the LCD[/I], in an attempt to serve as many people as possible. I can see how "moral code" can come into play in determining the "equitable-ness" of operations. Agree on that point.

2) I think passive-oriented folks that rely on institutions to guide them (not listening to their inner gleam as a first order) fall into this group. Either side of the abortion issue has people screaming; it has always been like that. A morality tug of war.

3)EDIT Sleeping on it, you can blame a lot of that phenomenon on the beating organized religion takes in a lot of the press and media. Many Catholic priests work damn hard to help people in their congregation overcome suffering and find peace. Yet, poll any ten people on the street, ask them what they think of priests in general. The results would likely show a lack of public support for organized religion. People are finding their own way. California is different than East Coast; it's important to question authority out here (except in isolated Anaheim and surrounding areas, very Christian). It is important to have a different answer out here.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 06-06-2012 at 01:49 PM.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4484461]Listen here douche bag. First of all you can go suck a dick. What kind of a moderator starts off with personal attacks anyway? You live in a State that is bankrupt. San Jose has a vote going to reduce pay to already retired people. Now you want to export your brand of destruction to the rest of the country. No thanks. You can keep your personal attacks and your rainbows and lollipops in California where they belong. Your personal attack has been reported.[/QUOTE]

Ever here of proposition 13? The anti-tax crowd won the battle outright in CA. When you have a liberal State with its ability to tax eviscerated by the Conservative representative minority you get bankruptcy. You can't have fiscal responsibility when representative government is constrained by the mob. You either have to let the mob govern or representative’s govern.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-06-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4485217]Ever here of proposition 13? The anti-tax crowd won the battle outright in CA. When you have a liberal State with its ability to tax eviscerated by the Conservative representative minority you get bankruptcy. You can't have fiscal responsibility when representative government is constrained by the mob. You either have to let the mob govern or representative’s govern.[/QUOTE]
    Taxpayers are a big mob.:yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Invitations to suck a dick, even more invitations to blow someone, accusations of teh gheyness, labeling others for general doucebaggery and jackassery...

Everything seems to be running normally in the poli forum, boss.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4485217]Ever here of proposition 13? The anti-tax crowd won the battle outright in CA. When you have a liberal State with its ability to tax eviscerated by the Conservative representative minority you get bankruptcy. You can't have fiscal responsibility when representative government is constrained by the mob. You either have to let the mob govern or representative’s govern.[/QUOTE]

Yet they still keep electing progressive liberals. It makes for an interesting quandry. In a State that is taxed the highest in the union why do they continue to support the policies and politicians that have destroyed their state? Is it one of those things where people are simply conditioned to pull the lever for D regardless? Have they been brainwashed by the liberal media to believe that Republicans are evil? I just don't get it.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4485625]Yet they still keep electing progressive liberals. It makes for an interesting quandry. In a State that is taxed the highest in the union why do they continue to support the policies and politicians that have destroyed their state? Is it one of those things where people are simply conditioned to pull the lever for D regardless? Have they been brainwashed by the liberal media to believe that Republicans are evil? I just don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Rich liberals who don't want anyone else wealthy, the public "servants" who glom all they can and the "poor" who want free sht. Too bad the dumbos in the middle think the Dems are really for the "working" man, hahaha!

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4485625]Yet they still keep electing progressive liberals. It makes for an interesting quandry. In a State that is taxed the highest in the union why do they continue to support the policies and politicians that have destroyed their state? Is it one of those things where people are simply conditioned to pull the lever for D regardless? Have they been brainwashed by the liberal media to believe that Republicans are evil? I just don't get it.[/QUOTE]Maybe because you would have to actually live and work here to "get it"; the cool, uber-professionalism of the GOP doesn't go over out here; you have to be a Schwarzenegger if you are GOP. Liberals like me want the women to get out of the kitchen and go to Sacramento and Washington. That gives old Lindsay democrats like me elbow room to make a big lunch, and then nap on the kitchen floor after a 3 beer midday meal.

Honestly, the state has an interesting GOP leadership history; Ronald Reagan being an example. Nixon obviously is from La Jolla (between San Diego and LA). But Hollywood leadership is full of readers of the NY Slimes ("they know better" lol), so the culture here is very reflective of that laid back, figure it out attitude.

[QUOTE=acepepe;4485634]Rich liberals who don't want anyone else wealthy, the public "servants" who glom all they can and the "poor" who want free sht. Too bad the dumbos in the middle think the Dems are really for the "working" man, hahaha![/QUOTE] Are you talking about my neighbors? :dunno: :D

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4484937]The girl at the track meet "did the right thing" out of her own choosing. You and I say "good for her, I hope I would have made the same choice". But others may disagree. As is their right, whether most of us agree it is dooshy or not.

"Doing the right" thing by government actions FORCES ALL to participate, there is no choice, whether they agree or not.

Apples and oranges comparison.[/QUOTE]

Just for the record, if you do the help the runner routine in NJ or some other states you are disqualified. You owe it to your team and yourself NOT to get disqualified.
    This is not the Army where you help a fallen comrade.
    In college, we were not permitted by team rule to EVER offer a hand to help up a player on the opposition. No problem with that team rule either.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4485701]Just for the record, if you do the help the runner routine in NJ or some other states you are disqualified. You owe it to your team and yourself NOT to get disqualified.
    This is not the Army where you help a fallen comrade.
    In college, we were not permitted by team rule to EVER offer a hand to help up a player on the opposition. No problem with that team rule either.[/QUOTE]
    I thought that was the basic understanding. In Pro Tennis, you are not allowed to cross the net or give assistance to the opponent if he/she "loses condition" ie terrible cramping, or falling and injuring themselves.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4485625]Yet they still keep electing progressive liberals. It makes for an interesting quandry. In a State that is taxed the highest in the union why do they continue to support the policies and politicians that have destroyed their state? Is it one of those things where people are simply conditioned to pull the lever for D regardless? Have they been brainwashed by the liberal media to believe that Republicans are evil? I just don't get it.[/QUOTE]

It's not the politicians that have destroyed the State. The public clearly wants services and lots of them and demand them of their elected officials even though they voted no to taxes through propositions.

You can't have it both ways. There's nothing wrong with wanting services there is something wrong with demanding them for free.