Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War with Iran & the Kill List

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4482024]Cyber-war, that is...

Apparently Obama has been ordering cyber attacks against Iran to stall their nuclear program. This was started under Bush but expanded rapidly under Obama. Should this be considered an act of war?

This is only a couple of days after a report comes out that the Administration has an evolving "kill list" of targets hand picked by Obama, who decides which target will be the next mission for a drone strike. This kill list may include high profile enemies abroad as well as within, ie Americans. That's right, the President has been personally ordering assassinations.

OBTW, Guantanamo Bay is still the number one Caribbean resort destination for holding prisoners without due process.

Just wondering where the "Bush is a war criminal" folks are now...[/QUOTE]

I noticed that the Cindy Sheehans stopped their anti war PR campaign the minute Obama took office. Just a coinky dinky I'm sure...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4482288]I noticed that the Cindy Sheehans stopped their anti war PR campaign the minute Obama took office. Just a coinky dinky I'm sure...[/QUOTE]

Maybe if Obama starts a war?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4482288]I noticed that the Cindy Sheehans stopped their anti war PR campaign the minute Obama took office. Just a coinky dinky I'm sure...[/QUOTE]

They went to the same place the pro-war people went.

Up their f*cking asses.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4482290]Maybe if Obama starts a war?[/QUOTE]

I give kudos to Obama for ending one and ending one fairly soon. We would've made both sh!tholes US states if McCain had won. Having said that war is war...it doesn't matter who is in office. If they are passionate enough to protest because one president started they should at least be consistent and protest until the president or his successor ends it. Then again common sense is a foreign concept to attention seeking, partisan hypocrites.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4482301]I give kudos to Obama for ending one and ending one fairly soon. We would've made both sh!tholes US states if McCain had won. Having said that war is war...it doesn't matter who is in office. If they are passionate enough to protest because one president started they should at least be consistent and protest until the president or his successor ends it. Then again common sense is a foreign concept to attention seeking, partisan hypocrites.[/QUOTE]

So if someone starts a fire in your house you stay mad at the firemen until the fire is out completely?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4482263]Lawmakers passed legislation that cut off funding for transferring any of the detainees to the United States for trial or for building and improving detention facilities, effectively axing a plan to acquire a prison in Illinois to house detainees.

The action pushed the president to change his plans to try some of the high-value prisoners–those tied to the 9/11 plot– in civilian courts. Instead, Obama resorted to military commissions to handle the cases from Guantanamo Bay.

Congressional restrictions have also made it difficult for the administration to transfer detainees to other countries. And recent legislation mandates all future foreign detainees be held in military detention, although it does provide the president with the authority to waive some provisions. In a signing statement, President Obama indicated he would "reject any approach that would mandate military custody where law enforcement provides the best method of incapacitating a terrorist threat."[/QUOTE]

Again, I repeat myself: Prisoners WERE transferred to U.S. facilities including the one I mentioned here in a Charleston suburb.
    Therefore, a absolute statement that they WERE NOT allowed in U.S. confinement is incorrect.
    All were not transferred because of political pressure from various local communities around the country including the Senators and Representitives from this state.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4482488]Again, I repeat myself: Prisoners WERE transferred to U.S. facilities including the one I mentioned here in a Charleston suburb.
    Therefore, a absolute statement that they WERE NOT allowed in U.S. confinement is incorrect.
    All were not transferred because of political pressure from various local communities around the country including the Senators and Representitives from this state.[/QUOTE]

Military facilities.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4482504]Military facilities.[/QUOTE]

Facilities in the U.S. The one here is a military facility. Others may or may not have been.
    What's the difference. They were sent into the U.S.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4482306]So if someone starts a fire in your house you stay mad at the firemen until the fire is out completely?[/QUOTE]

Lame analogy and feeble attempt to excuse their hypocrisy. If you were opposed to it, does the war become "not so wrong" anymore because the guy who started it is no longer in office? At least the anti Nam protestors back in the day didn't stop protesting from LBJ to Nixon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4482540]Facilities in the U.S. The one here is a military facility. Others may or may not have been.
    What's the difference. They were sent into the U.S.[/QUOTE]

Who was sent to non-military prisons? Could provide a link for the prisoners in South Carolina.