Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rondo is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Drawing two weak teams didn't hurt...
    Rose's injury changed everything.

Drawing two weak teams didn't hurt...
    Hmm same could be said for the Heat you know. How many players where M.I.A. for NY in round one? Philly may not look touch but they where playing at a way higher level vs Boston. NY was easy the worst team round one with what they where fielding. Not to mention Orlando was without it's best player vs Indy. Orlando with Howard is actually a better team then Indy. Indy or Atlanta your not talking a big difference.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Hmm same could be said for the Heat you know. How many players where M.I.A. for NY in round one? Philly may not look touch but they where playing at a way higher level vs Boston. NY was easy the worst team round one with what they where fielding. Not to mention Orlando was without it's best player vs Indy. Orlando with Howard is actually a better team then Indy. Indy or Atlanta your not talking a big difference.
    Totally disagree with that assessment.

The Pacers are far better than the Hawks or Magic, even with Howard.

Knicks ended up not putting up much of a fight because of injuries, but they were debatably the best "lower seed" team entering the playoffs (over Sixers, Hawks, and Magic).

Heat have played a legit road so far. That said, they've lucked out drawing the Celtics and should have taken care of business, but the Celtics have played well and the Heat role players have contributed nothing.

Let's be honest though -- whoever wins the west will absolutley smoke either of these teams.

Practice Squad
    The heat need bosh whether they admit it or not. He creates space for other and makes life easier for lebron and wade.

Now idk what your thinking saying rondo isnt a beast. A PG doesnt have to shoot well. Hes a better PG than rose. He makes some of the best passes in the game. He split two defenders on a perfect bounce pass to peirce last night something most point guards wouldnt even attempt. Hes top 3 easily

um, whut?

Rondo is a beast.

this thread pfails.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rondo averaging 17.4 points, 6.8 rebounds, 11.9 assists and 2.3 steals through 16 playoff games.

Yeah, hes totally overratted. Every point guard puts up numbers like this in the playoffs.

Heres Parkers playoff numbers: Rondo is trumping parker statwise this postseason

19.4 points, 3.6 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 0.8 steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rondo averaging 17.4 points, 6.8 rebounds, 11.9 assists and 2.3 steals through 16 playoff games.

Yeah, hes totally overratted. Every point guard puts up numbers like this in the playoffs.

Heres Parkers playoff numbers: Rondo is trumping parker statwise this postseason

19.4 points, 3.6 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 0.8 steals.
    +10000000

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Totally disagree with that assessment.

The Pacers are far better than the Hawks or Magic, even with Howard.

Knicks ended up not putting up much of a fight because of injuries, but they were debatably the best "lower seed" team entering the playoffs (over Sixers, Hawks, and Magic).

Heat have played a legit road so far. That said, they've lucked out drawing the Celtics and should have taken care of business, but the Celtics have played well and the Heat role players have contributed nothing.

Let's be honest though -- whoever wins the west will absolutley smoke either of these teams.
    yeah we are going to have to just agree to disagree. Pacers are not far better then the Hawks. They have played a few good games over the last few year they are very well matched. The Pacers just really aren't that much better if at all. That Knicks team was better then previous years but they where playing pretty bad ball. They had one win more then Philly and you can chalk it up to them winning that last game with there 2nd stringers and Philly not. Add injury I'll take the 6ers. I wasn't shock to see them press as far as they did. Just show you don't need a super star to build a good team. This is also coming from one of the biggest Melo fans you will meet. So wish he was a NET.

I will agree the West will smoke whomever. SA and the Thunder are way better IMO then any of them.

All Pro
    yeah we are going to have to just agree to disagree. Pacers are not far better then the Hawks. They have played a few good games over the last few year they are very well matched. The Pacers just really aren't that much better if at all. That Knicks team was better then previous years but they where playing pretty bad ball. They had one win more then Philly and you can chalk it up to them winning that last game with there 2nd stringers and Philly not. Add injury I'll take the 6ers. I wasn't shock to see them press as far as they did. Just show you don't need a super star to build a good team. This is also coming from one of the biggest Melo fans you will meet. So wish he was a NET.

I will agree the West will smoke whomever. SA and the Thunder are way better IMO then any of them.
    Not really.

Knicks were 18-6 in their final 24 games including wins vs. the 76ers, Pacers x2, Magic, Hawks, Bulls, and Celtics (every east playoff team except the Heat, the team they ran into)... Saying they were playing "bad ball" is just factually incorrect.

Sixers were 10-14 over that same stretch.

The Sixers are a crappy offensive team and basically got ideal matchups -- if Rose and Noah don't get injured they might not have won a playoff game. The Heat would have eviscerated them even more easily than they did the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Rose's injury changed everything.
    Yeah I don't think Rose will ever be the same player ever again. His game relies so heavily on his ability to make quick cuts and if his knee isn't 100% stable that goes out the window. He is not a good shooter.

Hey I'm happy about that. I'm a Knicks fan.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 06-05-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    um, whut?

Rondo is a beast.

this thread pfails.
    Rajon Rondo is overrated but Matt Stafford is supposed to be one of the best QB's in the NFL. Guess I can see why some people on this site are not GM's .

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    By far the best player left in the playoffs? Are you out of your mind? And I thought New England homerism couldn't get any worse...

He said Rondo was the best player on the Celts. Maybe you were drunk.

Not really.

Knicks were 18-6 in their final 24 games including wins vs. the 76ers, Pacers x2, Magic, Hawks, Bulls, and Celtics (every east playoff team except the Heat, the team they ran into)... Saying they were playing "bad ball" is just factually incorrect.

The Sixers are a crappy offensive team and basically got ideal matchups -- if Rose and Noah don't get injured they might not have won a playoff game. The Heat would have eviscerated them even more easily than they did the Knicks.
    So? Both teams where 28-20 in the conference. lol The Knicks had one more win it is really that simple. Spell it any way you want the Knicks where not playing better ball then the 76ers this year. They where a hyped NY team. Melo was great this year but when they made the POs that team was in bad shape and not ready for the POs. Miami got an easy pass IMO. Your trying to push the Knicks as better then they really are. The 76ers may not be a great team but they have made the POs a lot more then the Knicks over the last 5 years and where also healthy going into their series. I don't doubt the Bulls would have won healthy. They where the best team in the East healthy. They lost a key player during the series and lost. Going into it even without Rose they where still the favorites. Not even sure how that gets mentioned really. The Celts didn't play the Bulls they played Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Yeah I don't think Rose will ever be the same player ever again.
    I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.
    Ditto. Such a fun player to watch.

Great win for Boston last night... I'm sure you enjoyed it as much as I did, which almost hurts to say but I hate LeBron that much...

All Pro
    So? Both teams where 28-20 in the conference. lol The Knicks had one more win it is really that simple. Spell it any way you want the Knicks where not playing better ball then the 76ers this year.
    You have no clue.

The Sixers got off to a great start and played sub .500 ball for the majority of the season.

The Knicks were streaky and were red hot entering the playoffs. I'm not arguing the Knicks were some great team (clearly they weren't) but a team that is 18-6 in the last 24 games of the season is clearly a more formidable playoff threat than a team that was 10-14.

The only team in the playoffs less formidable than the Sixers was the Magic, who were pretty much DOA regardless of Ewing theory.

All Pro
    Ditto. Such a fun player to watch.

Great win for Boston last night... I'm sure you enjoyed it as much as I did, which almost hurts to say but I hate LeBron that much...
    +1

Feels weird rooting for Boston, but LeBron can suck it. I don't want to see this Heat team win -- I want to see them crucified to prevent this FA nonsense from happening again.

I think most Knicks (hell, most NBA) fans can agree that the Thunder winning is easily the most attractive option. Young and exciting fun to watch team with class act clean cut players. Durant is awesome.

The Knicks have the record for the most consecutive playoff losses. They turn the ball over way too much and didn't win when it mattered. The Sixers took the Celts to game 7, but I guess you don't care about wins.

Not really.