Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gestapo Guns Down innocent Civilian...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Scott were black, we would have heard about it on day one, and every day since. But since he was white AND a gun owner, well.... eff him I guess. :mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if the surveillance device somehow magically failed for the seconds when shots were fired where is the surveillance video of him acting erratically and damaging merchandise? We are not getting anywhere near the full story here.

Maybe the family backed down because their lawyer told them that there wasn't a chance of them winning. Being able to win a court case and being right/wrong/innocent/guilty are often 2 different things. That is why our constitution, when not overridden by Obama's ability to kill citizens without due process, presumes us innocent until PROVEN guilty by a jury of our peers.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4483617]If Scott were black, we would have heard about it on day one, and every day since. But since he was white AND a gun owner, well.... eff him I guess. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Self hating, guilt ridden liberals, along with the Black Grievance Industry, have nothing to gain here.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sad to see everyone jump to their predictable side based on an incident where none of us really know what happened.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4483664]So sad to see everyone jump to their predictable side based on an incident where none of us really know what happened.[/QUOTE]

Well, again, I'd say that mirrors the Martin case as well.

Personally, I don't particulrlay have a side in either case. As always, I want impartial investigation, full disclosure, no cover-ups, and let the legal system (bad as it is) play itself out.

I simply find some of the reported facts odd, such as the "lethal levels" comment, and the lack of hard evidence of bad bahavior of the victim to be interesting. Lord knows, it wouldn't be the first time someone was gunned down by Police acting as best they could, because of bad info given by bad witnesses prior to the police arrival.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4483664]So sad to see everyone jump to their predictable side based on an incident where none of us really know what happened.[/QUOTE]

It appears the family and Las Vegas Pd do know what happened. It's over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since we're second guessing the cops its fair to second guess why the family dropped their lawsuit. I wouldn't dop a lawsuit if the "gestapo" cops mowed down my loved one while he was attempting to comply with the said bloodthirsty 2nd amend hating cops.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 06-04-2012 at 01:19 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4483693]Since we're second guessing the cops its fair to second guess why the family dropped their lawsuit. I wouldn't dop a lawsuit if the "gestapo" cops mowed down my loved one while attempting he was to comply with the said bloodthirsty 2nd amend hating cops.[/QUOTE]

I don't see this as a Police issue. I see it as an issue (potentially) of false reporting beforehand inflating a situation beyond what it should have been, some of which (tbqh) is understandable. Yes, you have a right to bear your arms in public, but not on private property against that private property's rules. And it is the personal responsabillity of the gun carrier to know the rules of the places he/she is taking that gun.

The Police may have overreacted some, but it sounds like it was driven by the reporting of store staff at the scene, creating a confrontation that did not need to occur, and teh gun owner himself, not simply leaving teh store when requested by store staff, who has the right to deny service to anyone for any reason, including their having a gun on premices in violation of store rules.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it hard to believe that the cops overreacted dealing with a man who was attempting to fully comply with their verbal commands. These cops undoubtedly responded to man with a gun calls (legal / illegal possession) before yet this is the first one where they allegedly panicked and mowed down a law abiding store customer who was allegedly attempting to follow their directions. The looney cop wannabe may have started the sh!t show but again any cop with experience has responded to similar fluid sh!t shows without a shot being fired.

It doesn't past the sniff test.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 06-04-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4483792]I find it hard to believe that the cops overreacted dealing with a man who was attempting to fully comply with their verbal commands. These cops undoubtedly responded to man with a gun calls (legal / illegal possession) before yet this is the first one where they allegedly panicked and mowed down a law abiding store customer who was allegedly attempting to follow their directions. The looney cop wannabe may have started the sh!t show but again any cop with experience has responded to similar fluid sh!t shows without a shot being fired.

It doesn't past the sniff test.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying this is the only instance of a possible (not saying if it is or isn't) wrongful police shooting? Have you seen the video of the cop just shooting a kid in the head in an airport?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4483822]Are you saying this is the only instance of a possible (not saying if it is or isn't) wrongful police shooting? Have you seen the video of the cop just shooting a kid in the head in an airport?[/QUOTE]

Of course not but this case involves a guy carrying (2) guns...legally possessed but that does not negate or insulate someone from committing other crimes and/or presenting a threat. Admittedly I do not know the exact sequence of events and al the facts but then again niether do the folks in this thread who've cast the police as trigger happy nazis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4483822]Are you saying this is the only instance of a possible (not saying if it is or isn't) wrongful police shooting? Have you seen the video of the cop just shooting a kid in the head in an airport?[/QUOTE]

He's saying because the criminal and civil due process have been completed. It's over and you guys want to discuss this as if he hasn't been looked into at all.

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    This whole story is a fail literally from the opening sentence:

[I][B]Erik Scott was a West Point graduate who went on to serve honorably in the Army, get his MBA from Duke and establish a lucrative career in real estate and as a sales rep for a medical device company. [/B][/I]

What Duke MBA grads aspire to and ultimately sell medical equipment and houses?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BB&G weighs in with a indignant insouciance!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4483868]He's saying because the criminal and civil due process have been completed. It's over and you guys want to discuss this as if he hasn't been looked into at all.[/QUOTE]

You might want to reread the thread. I actually stated that we haven't been given enough info on either side. My biggest question is how there is no video surveillance of any of the deceased actions before the shooting or of the shooting itself when I am pretty sure they would have video evidence to present to the court if someone was caught stealing in the same store.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4483911]You might want to reread the thread. I actually stated that we haven't been given enough info on either side. My biggest question is how there is no video surveillance of any of the deceased actions before the shooting or of the shooting itself when I am pretty sure they would have video evidence to present to the court if someone was caught stealing in the same store.[/QUOTE]

This shooting incident went through the court system. The officers were investigated, the family dropped their lawsuit. It's over, it wasn't a conspiracy, there were private investigators and writers investigating it as well.

Majority of stores have cameras and do not record.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ha Ha Ha;4483872]This whole story is a fail literally from the opening sentence:

[I][B]Erik Scott was a West Point graduate who went on to serve honorably in the Army, get his MBA from Duke and establish a lucrative career in real estate and as a sales rep for a medical device company. [/B][/I]

What Duke MBA grads aspire to and ultimately sell medical equipment and houses?[/QUOTE]

Maybe one that realizes you can rake in half a mill a year or more, plus expenses paid if you can land a gig sellling medical devices and do it well. Same goes for real estate, if you get the right gig, there's big, easy money in it.