Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin recall watch....

If Walker keeps his seat, it will be a crushing blow to the Democratic machine, correct?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4483871]You are so misinformed. You do realize that at one point in our country we had no labor laws right? What do you think happens when/if the teacher's union is defeated by the side with all the power and money? What do you think happens at businesses in regards to their workers? A very short time ago kids worked in factories with NO BENEFITS. Only a few wealthy people controlled everything. Arent we getting dangerously close to that presently? Funny how I presented an absolute way to cut millions of dollars and show how wealthy politicians are using YOUR tax money to fill the pockets of their friends who are now unqualified administrators but still the message is " bash the teachers." I get it, its just easier than actually taking time to see what is really going on.............[/QUOTE]

It's amazing that anyone actually believes this nonsense.

Do you believe that if slavery laws were repealed from the books today that there would be a massive sale of labor tomorrow? Controlled by "the side with power and money"? :rolleyes:

I'll say one thing for the teacher's union. They sure do have a tight grip on the minds of their soldiers.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4483882]Here is where you are misinformed. We already know what happens when businesses are not unionized. They succeed and their employees are paid well. The machinists in Boeing's South Carolina plant agree. We also know what happens in public unions when collective bargaining rights over benefits are struck down. We have the example in Wisconsin. Teachers salaries remain the same. They kick in more for their benefits. Schools have extra money to hire more teachers and reduce class sizes. The reality has proven different from your hypotheses.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]In 2011, the union membership rate--the percent of wage and salary workers who were members of a union--was 11.8 percent[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.nr0.htm[/url]

Should we then expect that the other 88.2% is working in indentured servitude? Ow my overlord just backhanded me because I stopped working long enough to type this post. I'll check back later for copernicus' response.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Trades;4483890][url]http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.nr0.htm[/url]

Should we then expect that the other 88.2% is working in indentured servitude? Ow my overlord just backhanded me because I stopped working long enough to type this post. I'll check back later for copernicus' response.[/QUOTE]

Been in the private sector my whole life. I'm just now getting used to the one 4 minute bathroom break for every 18 hour shift.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4483806]You dont want to talk intelligently and just blame "absurd teacher pensions." I get it, blame the little guy, the worker. I am not complaining about my job, I am complaining about the people who want to now take it away. [B]Why do we never blame the people who are in charge of the money? When was the last time something was taken from them before it was too late? Currently mayor Bloomberg, under his mayoral control, is continuing to create schools withing already existing school buildings. There are currently two schools inside my building. My building went from paying ONE principals salary to TWO, TWO assistant principal salaries to FOUR, and so on. This is happening all over NYC to compensate all the administrative positions that Mayor Bloomberg promised as favors. Millions of dollars wasted to unqualified administrators who come out of Bloomberg's principal's academy. We wouldnt have to worry as much about the lowly teacher's pensions if the stealing from the top was under control[/B].[/QUOTE]

Your argument is that charter schools are the problem then? Your school isn't paying two principals. There are two schools. One, the charter, that is likely successful, and the other, yours, that is likely failing.

Jets Insider VIP
    My small town in NJ with a pre-k->8 school actually shares its superintendent with the neighboring town which only has a pre-k->6 school. 2 different districts reducing the size of administration to save money. Insanity! Both schools send to 2 different districts after 8th and 6th grade respectively, again, to save money. It is all the administration and politicians though, right? Or is it just in NYC where that claim is valid?

Jets Insider VIP
    Teachers should [B][SIZE="7"]NOT[/SIZE][/B] be allowed to be able to afford to live in the same districts that they teach.

Long Island teachers?

F*ck you.

Commute from Sullivan County you f*cking dirtbags. These homes are reserved to the elite who will look down their noses at you while working "hard" at 1 in the afternoon while posting in the political section on a football message board.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4483924]Teachers should [B][SIZE="7"]NOT[/SIZE][/B] be allowed to be able to afford to live in the same districts that they teach.[/quote]

No one has a human right to live where they work. Not me. Not teachers. Not you.

I live 36 miles from my office. Know why? Can't afford to live closer.

And I'm not a teacher.

What makes you think that a teacher has a basic human right to live next to his school?

[QUOTE]F*ck you. [/QUOTE]

**** you too. :P

[QUOTE]Commute from Sullivan County you f*cking dirtbags.[/QUOTE]

Commute from Fredericksburgh VA to Washington DC you ****ing dirtbag. :P

And stop assuming you, or teachers, or any other special group you like, has some right to special treatement the rest of us don't.

We all make choices PK. No one forces you to teach in place X and live in place Y.

[quote]These homes are reserved to the elite who will look down their noses at you while working "hard" at 1 in the afternoon while posting in the political section on a football message board.[/QUOTE]

I notice you post here too all day PK. As does currently not working teachers like IJF and Copernicus. Some of us (most I'd say) work on PC's all day remember, and posting here is 6 seconds of bs between hours of actual work. Some of us are also still posting here at 6, 7 or 8 pm, from work. Not home.;)

[QUOTE=Trades;4483909]My small town in NJ with a pre-k->8 school actually shares its superintendent with the neighboring town which only has a pre-k->6 school. 2 different districts reducing the size of administration to save money. Insanity! Both schools send to 2 different districts after 8th and 6th grade respectively, again, to save money. It is all the administration and politicians though, right? Or is it just in NYC where that claim is valid?[/QUOTE]

Why would your town and the other town have their own schools at all? A super for 2 small schools? You towns should be merged with another school district.

All Pro
    Looks like Walker has a bigger lead

[B]Poll type:[/B]: Automated [B]Date: [/B]6/3/2012 - [B]Participants: [/B]1,570 Likely Voters - [B]Margin of Error:[/B] 2.5%
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [B][SIZE=2]ALL VOTERS* [/SIZE][/B]
    [B]Walker [SIZE=2]54.10% [/SIZE][/B]
    [B]Barrett [SIZE=2]41.56% [/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=2]Undecided 4.34%[/SIZE][/B]

[URL]http://weaskamerica.com/2012/06/04/who-survives/[/URL]

Walker wins huge, then gets Romney VP nod rumour is GO!!!

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4483960]Looks like Walker has a bigger lead

[B]Poll type:[/B]: Automated [B]Date: [/B]6/3/2012 - [B]Participants: [/B]1,570 Likely Voters - [B]Margin of Error:[/B] 2.5%
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [B][SIZE=2]ALL VOTERS* [/SIZE][/B]
    [B]Walker [SIZE=2]54.10% [/SIZE][/B]
    [B]Barrett [SIZE=2]41.56% [/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=2]Undecided 4.34%[/SIZE][/B]

[URL]http://weaskamerica.com/2012/06/04/who-survives/[/URL][/QUOTE]

All weekend I looked forward to the Game of Thrones finale and wow it delivered. Now I can't wait till Tuesday night to get that jolt of excitement when Walker wins and Ed Schultz has a mental breakdown on MSNBC while James Carville simultaneously bursts in to tears on CNN.

To Summarize: I has problemz

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4483978]All weekend I looked forward to the Game of Thrones finale and wow it delivered. Now I can't wait till Tuesday night to get that jolt of excitement when Walker wins and Ed Schultz has a mental breakdown on MSNBC while James Carville simultaneously bursts in to tears on CNN.

To Summarize: I has problemz[/QUOTE]

Must see tv

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4483938]I live 36 miles from my office. Know why? Can't afford to live closer.[/QUOTE]

BINGO, Fish.

So...you should make considerably less. You obviously do not deserve it...as you spend a large portion of your day posting on the internet. You should move further away...and stop being a burden on your employer :P:D;)

Bottom line. Teachers do not make that much. They really don't. Blaming our countries problems on them is really...well...kinda freaking stupid. We are the same country that spent more $$$ developing a helicopter we decided to not make than all teachers would make in 5 years.

But we didn't blink an eye.

I understand we have to cut costs on public spending. It's true. Everyone should feel the pain of a shrinking economy.

But your side is really going the wrong way about it. Sucking the d*ck of Romney while pissing on your 5th grade math teacher is a losing strategy.

But....you are all gonna get what you deserve. Another fake conservative who will just make the Obama that follows him much more dangerous. Your political side really seems to enjoy blasting off their f*cking feet with a shotgun. It's nuts....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4483978]All weekend I looked forward to the Game of Thrones finale and wow it delivered. Now I can't wait till Tuesday night to get that jolt of excitement when Walker wins and Ed Schultz has a mental breakdown on MSNBC while James Carville simultaneously bursts in to tears on CNN.

To Summarize: I has problemz[/QUOTE]

Walker will win.

But it's the whole "won the battle, lost the war"...

I swear that sometimes...your political party is run by retards who just finished drinking an antifreeze and bleach milkshake.

I WORK HARD!! POSTING ON JI ALL DAY!! ARRG!! AMERICA!! YOU LAZY!! ME WORK HARD!! POST ON JI POL FORUM BECAUSE ME WORK HARD!!! LICK MY ANUS!!!

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4484073]BINGO, Fish.

So...you should make considerably less. You obviously do not deserve it...as you spend a large portion of your day posting on the internet. You should move further away...and stop being a burden on your employer :P:D;)

Bottom line. Teachers do not make that much. They really don't. Blaming our countries problems on them is really...well...kinda freaking stupid. We are the same country that spent more $$$ developing a helicopter we decided to not make than all teachers would make in 5 years.

But we didn't blink an eye.

I understand we have to cut costs on public spending. It's true. Everyone should feel the pain of a shrinking economy.

But your side is really going the wrong way about it. Sucking the d*ck of Romney while pissing on your 5th grade math teacher is a losing strategy.

But....you are all gonna get what you deserve. Another fake conservative who will just make the Obama that follows him much more dangerous. Your political side really seems to enjoy blasting off their f*cking feet with a shotgun. It's nuts....[/QUOTE]

You really should stop being a shill to the left. Almost all teachers on LI with 5 years experience earn 85K and higher. Same with cops. 5 years on the job your W2 is NEVER below 100K and you get 4 weeks vacation, 4 weeks sick that you bank for up to one year.

When they retire, the get a check for 100K plus.... for all the banked sick time.

NO, NONE NADA fortune 500 companies allow you to bank more than 30 days. WHY???? Well. you see.

READ this article about a Westchester police dept. Most earn 175K annually in a small sleepy town. I audited local villages. THIS is the norm, believe me, I saw it first hand.

[url]http://www.clarkstowntaxpayers.com/node/74[/url]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4484073]BINGO, Fish.

So...you should make considerably less.[/quote]

Huh? :huh:

[QUOTE]Bottom line. Teachers do not make that much. They really don't.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, but as a well educated, well-informed taxpayer, I'll be the judge of that. I know what I make, and what I do/did to get it. And in my view, for the total comp they get and the short year they work, with the protections they get, and the end results we get from their efforts......yes, they are in many cases paid too much.

[QUOTE]Blaming our countries problems on them is really...well...kinda freaking stupid. [/QUOTE]

Thank God I don't "blame the countries problems" on teachers, and only have concerns with their total compensation then, eh?

[QUOTE]I understand we have to cut costs on public spending. It's true. Everyone should feel the pain of a shrinking economy.[/QUOTE]

Why should "everyone" feel it? Why not the ones taking from the system feeleing it more than those giving much to the system?

The reverse certainly isn't true, in good times the takers don't "feel it" tax wise, but the tax payers still do.

[QUOTE]But your side is really going the wrong way about it. Sucking the d*ck of Romney while pissing on your 5th grade math teacher is a losing strategy.[/QUOTE]

The fastest way I know someone isn't really reading my posts anymore, they either cal me a liberal, or tell me "my side is sucking Romney's Dick".

[quote]But....you are all gonna get what you deserve. Another fake conservative who will just make the Obama that follows him much more dangerous. Your political side really seems to enjoy blasting off their f*cking feet with a shotgun. It's nuts....[/QUOTE]

So what is it YOU want then, PK?

I hope you give this question more effort than you did the "What does Obama stand for" question....
    Last edited by Warfish; 06-04-2012 at 08:02 PM.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4483887]It's amazing that anyone actually believes this nonsense.

Do you believe that if slavery laws were repealed from the books today that there would be a massive sale of labor tomorrow? Controlled by "the side with power and money"? :rolleyes:

I'll say one thing for the teacher's union. They sure do have a tight grip on the minds of their soldiers.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that American companies like Nike, Nestle and Walmart have over seas factories where conditions are so unbelievably deplorable because there are no labor laws.

Slave labor exists all over the world. But keep thinking it doesnt happen

[url]http://www.organicconsumers.org/fair_trade/slavechocolate060414.cfm[/url]

[I]The International Labour Organization, part of the UN, estimates 284,000 child laborers work on cocoa farms, most of them in one tiny country, Ivory Coast, source of almost half the world's cocoa. "These are either involved in hazardous work, unprotected or unfree, or have been trafficked," says the ILO.[/I]

[url]http://news.change.org/stories/department-of-labor-releases-list-of-slave-made-goods[/url]

[I]There's a long, detailed list that's a little blandly formatted, but it indicates whether goods in a certain country are made with child labor, forced labor, or both. It's important to keep in mind this doesn't mean all goods from that sector in that country were produced with exploitation. Here are some of the worst offenders for forced labor or slavery specifically:

Bolivia: nuts, cattle, corn, and sugar

Burma: bamboo, beans, bricks, jade, nuts, rice rubber, rubies, sesame, shrimp, sugarcane, sunflowers, and teak

China: artificial flowers, bricks, Christmas decorations, coal, cotton, electronics, garments, footwear, fireworks, nails, and toys

India: bricks, carpets, cottonseed, textiles, and garments

Nepal: bricks, carpets, textiles, and stones

North Korea: bricks, cement, coal, gold, iron, and textiles

Pakistan: bricks, carpet, coal, cotton, sugar, and wheat[/I]

[url]http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/karl-denninger/2012/01/23/apple-and-america-chinese-slave-labor-problem[/url]

[I]A foreman immediately roused 8,000 workers inside the company’s dormitories, according to the executive. Each employee was given a biscuit and a cup of tea, guided to a workstation and within half an hour started a 12-hour shift fitting glass screens into beveled frames. Within 96 hours, the plant was producing over 10,000 iPhones a day.

“The speed and flexibility is breathtaking,” the executive said. “There’s no American plant that can match that.”

It's easy to be "speedy" and "flexible" when you effectively own your "employees" as slaves!

How many of you caught the paragraph up there? At midnight, without warning, the factory foreman went into dormitories in which the workers were sleeping, roused them and effectively compelled them to work a 12-hour shift with nothing more than a biscuit and cup of tea.

Did you get that? These are not employees, they're slaves.[/I]

[B]But yeah, Im so off, it can never happen in the US, right?[/B]

[url]http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/21/your-tomato-possible-ties-to-slavery/[/url]
    [I]
    Slavery’s connections to products you buy
    Tomato pickers in Florida are paid less than two pennies for each pound of tomatoes they pick. That's the same pound you buy at the grocery store for anywhere between $1.50 and $4.00, depending on location and season. It's a poverty-inducing wage that has diminished in real value since the 1970s, even as the retail price of tomatoes has increased.

Here's what happens in the supply chain: major corporate buyers such as supermarkets, fast food chains and food service companies regularly purchase a massive amount of produce. Their huge purchases allow these companies to leverage their buying power and demand the lowest possible prices from tomato growers. This, in turn, exerts a powerful downward pressure on wages and working conditions in tomato suppliers' operations.

The result of this dynamic is thousands of workers like Antonio was – exploited, enslaved or held in debt bondage so growers can eek out a few more pennies and meet the major companies' bargain basement expectations. It's a dynamic that has existed for decades. But over the past few years, one grassroots organization has started to challenge the big buyers. And they're winning.[/I]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4484189]blah blah blah slave blah slave blah[/I][/QUOTE]

Cool story, bro.

Tell me about the slave labor in THE UNITED STATES. You know, the place we live and are discussing. Actual documented examples, in which no laws are being broken. No single fairy tales about tomatoes.

Tell me how slave labor is used here now and how widespread it would be without unions (when 80-90% of us already aren't unionized, yet somehow don't have our employee numbers branded on our cheeks). Tell me how a nation of whiny bloggers are not going to get word out when master starts cracking the whip and making them show up for more than 22 hours a week. Tell me our plethora of litigators cease their usual efforts and will sit by on the sidelines while employees are physically and mentally abused by big, mean oil men with guns. Tell me how OSHA will cease to exist. Tell me the minimum wage will vaporize.

:rolleyes:

Keep trumpeting this fantasy. If you knew how ridiculous it sounds, you might pause. Might as well lecture us about unicorns and fairy dust.

Most ironic part of all this is how often you come down hard on posters critical of your profession for never having walked in your shoes.

But you make it painfully obvious you've never worked outside of a unionized workplace. Never worked in corporate America, never for a private business on any scale, have you? Because no rational human being could come to these conclusions. It's such a stretch that it could only be the result of years of indoctrination of sensational propaganda from union bosses.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 06-04-2012 at 09:07 PM.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4483897]Your argument is that charter schools are the problem then? Your school isn't paying two principals. There are two schools. One, the charter, that is likely successful, and the other, yours, that is likely failing.[/QUOTE]

Its ONE building that paid ONE principal salary for the 1000 students in my building for the past 35 years.

NOW it pays TWO salaries for a few hundred more students who OVERCROWD the building!!

They didnt add 1000 more students!!!! Just a few HUNDRED in an already unsafe setting!

Do the math across an entire city with now TRIPLE the amount of principals across NYC under Mayor Bloomberg!!!!

Millions of YOUR tax money going as FAVORS from Bloombergs Principal Academy where it no one really knows what the qualifications are other than knowing the mayor.

These unqualified principals with NO CLASSROOM EXPERIENCE are now the leaders of schools "housed" inside already existing schools.

Millions and millions of YOUR tax dollars wasted but lets believe to the politicians who have the media at their beck and call 24/7

But yeah, its the guy who dedicated his life to teachings fault and his pension........:rolleyes:

Keep protecting those in power.

You just dont know what is going on.....
    Last edited by copernicus; 06-04-2012 at 09:17 PM.