Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More great economic news!

All Pro

More great economic news!

New orders for U.S. factory goods fell in April for the third time in four months as demand slipped for everything from cars and machinery to computers, the latest worrisome sign for the economic recovery.
    The Commerce Department said on Monday orders for manufactured goods dropped 0.6 percent during the month. The government also revised its estimate for new orders in March to show a steeper decline.

Economists had forecast orders rising 0.2 percent in April.
    The report showed broad weakness in a sector that has carried the economic recovery, adding to a growing body of soft economic data.

[B]Factory orders post surprise fall in April[/B]

[URL]http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/04/us-factory-orders-idUSBRE8530JD20120604[/URL]

nothing can be done...except use more taxpayer funds to travel to fundraisers
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-04-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Sadly, there are a number of current signs pointing to a secondary (double dip) Recession being a very real possabillity.

Not good.

Today's liberal talking point?

Republicans want the economy to collapse in order to get Obama out of office. RealClearPolitics has 4-5 liberal dailys with similar articles just today. The lesson? Pointing out Obama's failures on the economy will be met with charges of rooting for America to fail. The left will do anything to attempt to distract the folks from Obama's horrendous record.

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4483997]New orders for U.S. factory goods fell in April for the third time in four months as demand slipped for everything from cars and machinery to computers, the latest worrisome sign for the economic recovery.
    The Commerce Department said on Monday orders for manufactured goods dropped 0.6 percent during the month. The government also revised its estimate for new orders in March to show a steeper decline.

The report showed broad weakness in a sector that has carried the economic recovery, adding to a growing body of soft economic data.

[URL]http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/04/us-factory-orders-idUSBRE8530JD20120604[/URL]

nothing can be done...except use more taxpayer funds to travel to fundraisers[/QUOTE]

Client of mine , through divorce , must leave the family business. 45 years old, college degree and decent pedigree. Cant find work. McDonalds wont hire him.... too old. We think there are jobs out there but they are few and far between.

It is very tough out there for many.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4484050]Client of mine , through divorce , must leave the family business. 45 years old, college degree and decent pedigree. Cant find work. McDonalds wont hire him.... too old. We think there are jobs out there but they are few and far between.

It is very tough out there for many.[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time feeling bad for these folks...I'm roughly the same age and over the years I've always found ways to earn money on my own -- either as a supplement to a full time job, or as a way to pay the bills between full time jobs (or while going to school as a full time student). House painting, powerwashing, gutter cleaning, home repairs, etc. Pay a couple bucks for a pennysaver classified and/or print a bunch of flyers for a few bucks and fill as many mailboxes as you can in a day, and then take the work. Did that pretty much full time through college, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if the sh:t hit the fan in a horrible way and I had to make some scratch. Once I earned my degree and had some experience in my profession, I hustled to find freelance work whenever necessary, and still do from time to time to put few more bucks in the kids' college fund. Yes the economy sucks and unemployment is high, but anyone serious about making some bucks -- and not afraid of sweating and getting their fingernails dirty -- can figure out a way to put food on the table and support a family.

Hey Im not worried.
    Because as soon as Mitt takes over, he will turn this around starting Day 1.
    All he has to do is repeal that Obamacare and the economy will turn around instantly. Bingo just like that!

[QUOTE=shakin318;4484072]I have a hard time feeling bad for these folks...I'm roughly the same age and over the years I've always found ways to earn money on my own -- either as a supplement to a full time job, or as a way to pay the bills between full time jobs (or while going to school as a full time student). House painting, powerwashing, gutter cleaning, home repairs, etc. Pay a couple bucks for a pennysaver classified and/or print a bunch of flyers for a few bucks and fill as many mailboxes as you can in a day, and then take the work. Did that pretty much full time through college, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if the sh:t hit the fan in a horrible way and I had to make some scratch. Once I earned my degree and had some experience in my profession, I hustled to find freelance work whenever necessary, and still do from time to time to put few more bucks in the kids' college fund. Yes the economy sucks and unemployment is high, but anyone serious about making some bucks -- and not afraid of sweating and getting their fingernails dirty -- can figure out a way to put food on the table and support a family.[/QUOTE]

I agree and I said the same thing until he came in my office. Try to find a job paying say 55K plus benefits when you have been running the family business for the last 15 years.

What you say is bold but after a month of rejections your armor takes a few dents. The guy I described is a hard worker, a survivor and will get a decent job. It just is a LOT harder than you are describing.

BTW...I got a quote to paint my house. 6K, would you like to bid it?;)

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4484076]Hey Im not worried.
    All he has to do is repeal that Obamacare and the economy will turn around instantly. Bingo just like that![/QUOTE]

Spoken like a man who places no responsabillity for anything on his man.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4484050]Client of mine , through divorce , must leave the family business. 45 years old, college degree and decent pedigree. Cant find work. McDonalds wont hire him.... too old. We think there are jobs out there but they are few and far between.

It is very tough out there for many.[/QUOTE]

Question -- if unemployment is @ 8%, does that really mean 92 out of every 100 people still have jobs? Or are there variables involved that lower that number?

Not pointing the question directly at you -- your post just made the thought come to mind . . .

[QUOTE=OCCH;4484182]Question -- if unemployment is @ 8%, does that really mean 92 out of every 100 people still have jobs? Or are there variables involved that lower that number?

Not pointing the question directly at you -- your post just made the thought come to mind . . .[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't.

The actual Workforce Utilization % is, if I recall, around 63% at current.

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4483997]New orders for U.S. factory goods fell in April for the third time in four months as demand slipped for everything from cars and machinery to computers, the latest worrisome sign for the economic recovery.

nothing can be done...except use more taxpayer funds to travel to fundraisers[/QUOTE]

Party on, GSA!

[IMG]http://s.michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tub.jpg[/IMG]

All he has to do is repeal that Obamacare and the economy will turn around instantly. Bingo just like that![/QUOTE]

Putin and Medvedev are going to miss those *****in' back to back blowjobs.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4484184]No, it doesn't.

The actual Workforce Utilization % is, if I recall, around 63% at current.[/QUOTE]

Any idea how 63% becomes 92%?

It is Bush's fault, oh wait it is the Republicans. It can't be Obama's fault he is a frigging genious!

[QUOTE=OCCH;4484265]Any idea how 63% becomes 92%?[/QUOTE]

Obamas got an AWESOME calculator

[QUOTE=OCCH;4484265]Any idea how 63% becomes 92%?[/QUOTE]

You can look up the total size of the workforce. There are stay at home moms, children, retired elderly all counted in the population. As such the number could never be 92%.

As of April 2009, the specific number was 154,731,000 in the civilian workforce. There are also approximately 1,500,000 in the military workforce

Read more: [url]http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_total_number_of_people_in_US_workforce#ixzz1wsr5Hiza[/url]

Spoken by a true Obungler supporter.....

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc[/url]

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4484008]Republicans want the economy to collapse in order to get Obama out of office. [/QUOTE]

If I wanted the economy to collapse I'd be doing everything in my power to keep him [I]in[/I] office.

Simple questions;
    Where are the worlds best hospitals?
    What county has the most cutting edge medical technology developed?
    What country has the worlds best doctors?
    What country has lead the way in R&D in drug development?

" America is the greatest nation in the world and with your help we're gonna change it" BHO

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4484555]If I wanted the economy to collapse I'd be doing everything in my power to keep him [I]in[/I] office.[/QUOTE]

Here is what I would do if I wanted America to fail:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4gnNz0vc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4gnNz0vc[/URL]