Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More great economic news!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4484397]Spoken by a true Obungler supporter.....

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc[/URL][/QUOTE]

I would love to see an interview with her today.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Trades;4484682]I would love to see an interview with her today.[/QUOTE]

There is one important thing we tend to forget but must all remember when evaluating the failures of Barack Obama:

He's half white, too.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4484706]There is one important thing we tend to forget but must all remember when evaluating the failures of Barack Obama:

He's half white, too.[/QUOTE]

Black people who support him blindly like to forget that also.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4484712]Black people who support him blindly like to forget that also.[/QUOTE]

Not so much any more. I'm willing to bet that 4 years later she's finding out that she does indeed still have to worry about gas and her mortgage (probably even more so). So it's probably because his white half is so racist that he wouldn't help her out.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4484712]Black people who support him blindly like to forget that also.[/QUOTE]

An Alabama congressman, Anthony Davis (D) from Alabama left the party citing radical liberal policies that are killing jobs. Mr. Davis is black.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4484763]An Alabama congressman, Anthony Davis (D) from Alabama left the party citing radical liberal policies that are killing jobs. Mr. Davis is black.[/QUOTE]

That's great. He'll get 92-94% of the black vote though.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4484763]An Alabama congressman, Anthony Davis (D) from Alabama left the party citing radical liberal policies that are killing jobs. Mr. Davis is black.[/QUOTE]

Meh. That probably has more to do with him recognizing that anyone named Anthony Davis isn't going to do too well in an SEC state that isn't Kentucky.

Jets Insider VIP
    This week's development: an Obama strategy shift on the economy:

Have run out of ways to blame Bush. Now, shift blame to Europe.

And the guy is so hapless, that even France won't take it lying down:

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/france_hits_back_at_obama_over_europe_JGwnnORq2whhH80Rq3xX5M[/url]

[I][B]France hits back at Obama over Europe debt crisis[/B]
    Last Updated: 2:50 PM, June 5, 2012

Posted: 12:31 PM, June 5, 2012

PARIS -- French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius on Tuesday hit back at comments by President Obama about the threat of the European debt crisis, saying it had originated in the United States.

"The crisis did not start in Europe ... Lehman Brothers was not a European bank," Fabius said after talks with his Italian counterpart Giulio Terzi in Rome.

"We should not shift responsibility. We're all in the same boat," he said.

Obama said Saturday that Europe's economic woes were causing trouble for the United States' own economy, after the US unemployment rate rose for the first time in almost a year, spelling trouble for his re-election bid.

"The crisis in Europe's economy has cast a shadow on our own. And all of this makes it even more challenging to fully recover and lay the foundation for an economy that's built to last," Obama said in his weekly radio and internet address.

Fabius also said Tuesday the European Union should find a "practical method" to help Spanish banks, adding that Spain was in "a very difficult economic situation."

"We could have expected the borrowing costs to go down but that is not what has happened. We are faced with a considerable difficulty," he said.

"We now have to find a practical method for the Spanish banking system to function without increasing the deficit, which would raise borrowing costs.

"The European system as a whole has to find a solution to avoid suffocation," said Fabius, a former prime minister and finance minister.

"It's urgent. Decisions have to be taken in the next few weeks."

As bond markets charge exorbitant rates to lend to Spain, investors fear that Madrid may be forced to seek external aid to finance a bailout of the country's bad loan-ridden financial system.

Stricken Spanish lender Bankia alone has asked for €23.5 billion ($29.4 billion) to help repair a balance sheet that has a vast exposure to the property market, which crashed in 2008.

The minister's comments came one day after Obama burst onto Broadway and performed a Tony-worthy show-stopper that could have been called “Gimme Your Money!”

He held a fund-raiser with ex-President Bill Clinton at the New Amsterdam Theatre on West 42nd Street, where “Mary Poppins” is normally staged.[/I]

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4484275]You can look up the total size of the workforce. There are stay at home moms, children, retired elderly all counted in the population. As such the number could never be 92%.

As of April 2009, the specific number was 154,731,000 in the civilian workforce. There are also approximately 1,500,000 in the military workforce

Read more: [url]http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_total_number_of_people_in_US_workforce#ixzz1wsr5Hiza[/url][/QUOTE]

I guess I should have worded my question better. I'm well aware the unemployment # doesn't take children into account.

But if you take everyone who "wants to work", 92% of them have jobs? I read your link, and that certainly seems to be what it's saying.

But it sure isn't what it feels like . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4484777]That's great. He'll get 92-94% of the black vote though.[/QUOTE]

Not true.... Justice Thomas, Alan Keyes, Condy Rice wouldn't get the black vote. Blacks historically have asked for representation.

What they seem to have meant by their voting record was representation that keeps them on liberal assistance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Love all the people talking about the economy while posting on the Internet during business hours.

You are the problem. Get to work you lazy f*cktards....

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4485051]Love all the people talking about the economy while posting on the Internet during business hours.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...[/QUOTE]

I posted several times today while simultaneously producing a few million dollars worth of a life-saving drug. What did you do?

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4484717]Not so much any more. I'm willing to bet that 4 years later she's finding out that she does indeed still have to worry about gas and her mortgage (probably even more so). So it's probably because his white half is so racist that he wouldn't help her out.[/QUOTE]

You jump to conclsions too quickly. She's probably in prison on a drug charge.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4485051]Love all the people talking about the economy while posting on the Internet during business hours.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...[/QUOTE]

My private sector employer allows me to use their gear on their network.

It's barter for the extra unpaid hours I put in as well as recognition for my fine contributions.

Simultaneously I pay taxes that directly subsidize your Internet (mis)use. I know that for sure because you don't patronize McDonald's, Starbucks and are not now and have never been inside a public library.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4485049]Not true.... Justice Thomas, Alan Keyes, Condy Rice wouldn't get the black vote. Blacks historically have asked for representation.

What they seem to have meant by their voting record was representation that keeps them on liberal assistance.[/QUOTE]

I meant Obama would still get 92-94% of the black vote.

[QUOTE=acepepe;4484647]Simple questions;
    Where are the worlds best hospitals?
    What county has the most cutting edge medical technology developed?
    What country has the worlds best doctors?
    What country has lead the way in R&D in drug development?

" America is the greatest nation in the world and with your help we're gonna change it" BHO[/QUOTE]

Question
    Have you picked up and read any medical journals recently or attended any major medical conferences lately?
    If you did, you would see that most of the major groundbreaking research and clinical trials are being done in Europe not the USA.
    But hey, dont let the facts get in the way of your rah rah USA rules talking points.
    Get a clue.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4484149]Spoken like a man who places no responsabillity for anything on his man.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about. I think Obama is a clown. He ran as a liberal and promised the left so many things that he did not deliver. I blame for that.Hes a fraud. He is acentrist and corporatist pretending to be a liberal.
    That being said he is better than Romney. That man is downright scary.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4486144]What are you talking about. I think Obama is a clown. He ran as a liberal and promised the left so many things that he did not deliver. I blame for that.Hes a fraud. He is acentrist and corporatist pretending to be a liberal.
    That being said he is better than Romney. That man is downright scary.[/QUOTE]

Spot on about the president.

Romney will be a great president for corporate America. Of this I have little doubt.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4486177]Spot on about the president.

Romney will be a great president for corporate America. Of this I have little doubt.[/QUOTE]

You forget. Surprising for an esteemed educator.

The business of America is business. Without it there is no growth.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4486184]You forget. Surprising for an esteemed educator.

The business of America is business. Without it there is no growth.[/QUOTE]

And you forget; there are other responsibilities to being the President of the United States beyond turning a profit.