Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boonton NJ

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Westfield is a great little town. I moved here from Jersey City, and it wasn't such a shock, not like being dumped out in a field somewhere. I like being able to walk everywhere, it is littered with parks has decent food and shops. Depending on which office I am heading to, I will take the NJT bus, averages 55 mins to PABT. Or the train to Newark and then a connection via NJT or the PATH, again depending which office. All told, about an hour to get into NYC. While there are certainly places closer to city, quality of life (at least in my opinion) here is excellent. There are a bunch of nice towns around as well, Cranford, Garwood, Fanwood, Mountainside to name a few that might be good options to look at as well.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Westfield is the only town that I would live in on that side of Rt.22, and some of those other towns sheptr mentioned have high taxes and less bang for the buck, great towns 30+ years ago but I would come up over the hill if given the option.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd ditch Boonton and check out houses in Denville, East Hanover and even Florham Park, which is tear down central with mansions popping up all over the place. Taxes are reasonable in these towns too... Which is not the case with many of the other towns that have been mentioned.
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 06-07-2012 at 05:47 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    going out to westfield this saturday to check out houses, i prefer the ridgewood area because it seems like its 'closer to things' and the huge mall in paramus...but westfield seeems like a nice little town.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;4486471]going out to westfield this saturday to check out houses,[B] i prefer the ridgewood area [/B]because it seems like its 'closer to things' and the huge mall in paramus...but westfield seeems like a nice little town.[/QUOTE]

PM SAR. :D

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;4486471]going out to westfield this saturday to check out houses, i prefer the ridgewood area because it seems like its 'closer to things' and the huge mall in paramus...but westfield seeems like a nice little town.[/QUOTE]

Well now you are talking almost night and day, not money wise, but the overall feel, and Boigan County.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a middle class / working class town like a whole bunch around 287.
    You can get to Newark/Hoboken/NY, eventually.

[URL]http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/R0030.pdf[/URL]

Latest claim to fame was a guy had his goumada kill his wife.

[URL]http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20120601/NJNEWS/306010050/Boonton-murder-now-before-grand-jury[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4486839]It's a middle class / working class town like a whole bunch around 287.
    You can get to Newark/Hoboken/NY, eventually.

[URL]http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/R0030.pdf[/URL]

Latest claim to fame was a guy had his goumada kill his wife.

[URL]http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20120601/NJNEWS/306010050/Boonton-murder-now-before-grand-jury[/URL][/QUOTE]

The towns up for nomination are not middle/ working class.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4486901]The towns up for nomination are not middle/ working class.[/QUOTE]

No sh1t, sherlock. No need to get all dooshy just because the Devils and Uncle Daddy are about to be cashiered from the playoffs, no one nominated you for Real Estate Queen of NJ. I'm referring to the OPs question about Boonton and wanted to comment. He can look for a house in every town in NJ for all I care. He might send his kid to a private school and not give a crap about the school district but 1st and foremost wants a affordable starter home just not next to the chair factory. It's a sleepy old town and not very "hip" or upscale. Westfield etc are going to cost a lot more.

Paying a load of $ for a property isn't always the wise thing to do although values and terms today are very affordable by historic standards. Most people know enough not to look at properties during the day but also at night and on the weekends to get a sense of the community, dining, nightlife, etc. Commute time distance and cost is also a factor, so are taxes. Distance from family and friends also.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4486494]PM SAR.

[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/RIDGE.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4486930]No sh1t, sherlock. No need to get all dooshy just because the Devils and Uncle Daddy are about to be cashiered from the playoffs, no one nominated you for Real Estate Queen of NJ. I'm referring to the OPs question about Boonton and wanted to comment. He can look for a house in every town in NJ for all I care. He might send his kid to a private school and not give a crap about the school district but 1st and foremost wants a affordable starter home just not next to the chair factory. It's a sleepy old town and not very "hip" or upscale. Westfield etc are going to cost a lot more.

Paying a load of $ for a property isn't always the wise thing to do although values and terms today are very affordable by historic standards. Most people know enough not to look at properties during the day but also at night and on the weekends to get a sense of the community, dining, nightlife, etc. Commute time distance and cost is also a factor, so are taxes. Distance from family and friends also.[/QUOTE]

Not getting dooshy, but it looks like you are , sorry didn't know you were jumping in so late on Boontown which is basically a ****hole, more or less. By the way, starter home and Private school do not go hand in hand around here unless you can afford 750,000 at minimum.
    '