Thread: Anybody know when/if FIOS will be available on eastern LI?

Banned

Anybody know when/if FIOS will be available on eastern LI?

I can't deal with this sh!tty f*cking Cablevision service anymore.

If it's already available in some areas of your town, then there is hope. Verizon announced last year, however, that they are not wiring any new towns for the next several years, just completing the towns already in process.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I hate Cablevision too, but I have to be honest - my fiancé has fios and IMO its not much better. The only difference is the NFL Network, which is obviously huge for us, but if you subtract that from the equation I would gladly stick with cablevision.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I have both and FIOS is much better imho

Jets Insider VIP
    TV wise, I really can't say which is better. I haven't had cablevision since the year they didn't carry YES network for a few months. I switched to DirecTV then and FIOS a several years ago. I do like FIOS tv a lot though.

The one area that I will say that I get better service though is the internet. I have had FIOS at home and cablevision at work for years and I have had many issues with my cablevision internet and none I can think of with FIOS. Plus FIOS is faster. I find myself waiting with cablevision often.

Just my opinion.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Braumeister;4485333]I can't deal with this sh!tty f*cking Cablevision service anymore.[/QUOTE]

So, on a scale of 1-1087 of things that make you furious and apoplectic on a daily basis, where does this one rate?

You seem really mad.

Again.

:dunno:

-

Banned
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4485341]I hate Cablevision too, but I have to be honest - my fiancé has fios and IMO its not much better. The only difference is the NFL Network, which is obviously huge for us, but if you subtract that from the equation I would gladly stick with cablevision.[/QUOTE]

It's not the TV service (although that isn't great either), it's the internet. The connection craps out every week like clockwork.

I'm working from home today, and I was on a conference call. The connection died midway through. So instead of presenting the stuff I needed to, I spent the rest of the time trying to get the connection back up.

It was embarrassing.

Banned
    [QUOTE=32green;4485358]So, on a scale of 1-1087 of things that make you furious and apoplectic on a daily basis, where does this one rate?

[B]You seem really mad.[/B]

Again.

:dunno:

-[/QUOTE]

LOL

Total nonsense. I'm the happiest guy on earth. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Found this list on Fios' website. I got rid of Cablevision when they had their little spat with Food Network a few years ago. Best home decision ever. Plus, it's great not giving the Dolans money.

Long Island
    Amityville, Asharoken, Atlantic Beach, Babylon, Baxter Estates, Bayville, Bellerose, Brightwaters, Cedarhurst, Centre Island, Cove Neck, East Hills, East Rockaway, East Williston, Farmingdale, Floral Park, Flower Hill, Freeport, Garden City, Great Neck, Great Neck Estates, Great Neck Plaza, Head of the Harbor, Hempstead (Town), Hempstead (Village), Hewlett Bay Park, Hewlett Harbor, Huntington, Huntington Bay, Islip, Kensington, Kings Point, Lake Grove, Lake Success, Laurel Hollow, Lawrence, Lindenhurst, Lloyd Harbor, Long Beach, Lynbrook, Malverne, Manorhaven, Massapequa Park, Mill Neck, Mineola, Munsey Park, New Hyde Park, Nissequogue, North Hempstead, North Hills, Northport, Old Field, Oyster Bay, Oyster Bay Cove, Plandome, Plandome Heights, Plandome Manor, Poquott, Port Washington North, Rockville Centre, Roslyn, Roslyn Estates, Roslyn Harbor, Russell Gardens, Saddle Rock, Sands Point, Sea Cliff, Smithtown, South Floral Park, Stewart Manor, The Branch, Thomaston, Valley Stream, Westbury, Williston Park

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Braumeister;4485392]It's not the TV service (although that isn't great either), it's the internet. The connection craps out every week like clockwork.

I'm working from home today, and I was on a conference call. The connection died midway through. So instead of presenting the stuff I needed to, I spent the rest of the time trying to get the connection back up.

It was embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok. Well in that case I agree. My Internet sucks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4485341]I hate Cablevision too, but I have to be honest - my fiancé has fios and IMO its not much better. The only difference is the NFL Network, which is obviously huge for us, but if you subtract that from the equation I would gladly stick with cablevision.[/QUOTE]

I switched from TW to Verizon when I moved in September and I am much happier with Verizon. But, when I think about the real differences between the two, the only major substantive one is the NFL Network and the Red Zone channel. But, the RZ channel is so great, that I think it colors everything else.

The On Demand options are better to, I think.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;4485437]I switched from TW to Verizon when I moved in September and I am much happier with Verizon. But, when I think about the real differences between the two, the only major substantive one is the NFL Network and the Red Zone channel. But, the RZ channel is so great, that I think it colors everything else.

The On Demand options are better to, I think.[/QUOTE]

the guide and user interface for DVR and that sort of thing are much easier to use as well

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4485404]Found this list on Fios' website. I got rid of Cablevision when they had their little spat with Food Network a few years ago. [/QUOTE]
    you reminded me of this SP episode, Randy was obsessed with Food Network :)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uqvq2xbMxw[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4KFiOQR0Eo&feature=related[/url]
    Last edited by dmitexxi; 06-06-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4485437]I switched from TW to Verizon when I moved in September and I am much happier with Verizon. But, when I think about the real differences between the two, the only major substantive one is the NFL Network and the Red Zone channel. But, the RZ channel is so great, that I think it colors everything else.

The On Demand options are better to, I think.[/QUOTE]

My biggest gripe about Fios it seems they lag behind in some technical areas such as Cablevision/TW give you access to their WIFI hotspots, and they allow TV streaming to Ipads. I don't understand how Verizon doesnt match these offerings.