Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costa Rica Vacation

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Costa Rica Vacation

Looking to plan a trip to costa rica. A few single guys, mid 30s, looking for fishing, surfing and some nice looking broads.

Any suggestions?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never been myself, but a co-worker just came back from a bachelor party there last weekend (extended). He had a blast - could ask him suggestions if you need some help.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Looking to plan a trip to costa rica. A few single guys, mid 30s, looking for fishing, surfing and some nice looking broads.

Any suggestions?
    Tamarindo was a blast. Pretty popular location. Witches rock surf camp has great lessons with awesome waves for learning. Good looking girls and from what I hear great legal pros. Good night life with lots of other visitors partying.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Never been myself, but a co-worker just came back from a bachelor party there last weekend (extended). He had a blast - could ask him suggestions if you need some help.
    He directed me to Www.jacovip.com. He said the owner, Bobby, can coordinate everything you need.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions?

Supposed to be some insane fishing action down there, I'm very jealous.
    What kind of species?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking to plan a trip to costa rica. A few single guys, mid 30s, looking for . . . some nice looking broads.
    Sure.

I think you would have more fun in Mykonos.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    What kind of species?
    Some of the best sport fishing in the world.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And inexpensive chica legal prostitution...

...or so I have heard.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Lo

I stopped reading right there.

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    What kind of species?
    ==========================================

Some of the worlds best Marlin fishing.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamarindo is cool. Surf in town is ok. Good for beginners. But Playa Grande & Aviennes are both 30 minute drives and are great waves. Ollie's Point & Witches Rock are both world class waves. They are about a 90 minute boat ride which you can charter for around $300.

Tamarindo has good really good night life. There are young tourists from all over the world...including plenty of hot broads and local legal pros (as already mentioned). Not sure about the fishing but I'm sure you can charter boats in town.

If you fly to San Jose it's about a 5 hours drive to Tamarindo or a 45 minute flight in a small sketchy prop plane. Or you could fly to Liberia which is a 45 minute drive, but would probably be way more expensive.

Check out Surfers Guide to Costa Rica, which you can get on Amazon. Will give you good info on both the waves & hotel/restaurants all over Costa Rica.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    avoid going in September or October.

unless you thoroughly enjoy torrential downpours and have no interest in outdoor activities.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin45 View Post
    Tamarindo is cool. Surf in town is ok. Good for beginners. But Playa Grande & Aviennes are both 30 minute drives and are great waves. Ollie's Point & Witches Rock are both world class waves. They are about a 90 minute boat ride which you can charter for around $300.
    Good advice here.

Fly into Liberia if you can, the drive does kind of suck and I'm someone that usually doesn't care about that sort of thing. If not, hire a van and booze on the way.

Playa Avellanas is amazing. You have a few breaks from beginner to expert, an amazing stretch of beach, some great spots to snorkel/swim and for my money, the best beach bar in all of the world with Lolas. Its just south (about 10 miles) of Tamarindo though still not the quickest drive.. but I heard they may have improved the road since I was last there. Problem is.. its sleepy, so for me my wife it does the job. A group of dudes looking to party are better off staying in Tamarindo.

Just north of Tamarindo you have Playa Grande.. another beautiful stretch of beach and some great beach breaks. Again much quieter than Tamarindo.

Further south of Avellanas you have playa Negra another pretty world class break. Much further south you also have Nosara, big ex-pat community, gorgeous area, great surfing. Real big spot for yoga and all that new world stuff.. but probably NOT what a group of dudes want out of a trip to CR.

The other option to consider is Playa Del Coco.. north of everything I just wrote about, a bit more "local" than tamarindo and not a surf town, but LOTS of fun nightlife and plenty of trouble to be had. Becoming more popular for foreign tourists. If you don't mind driving it is a pretty good spot to explore from. Some cool drives, not a terrible ride to the spots south. Great access to fishing charters and if you wanted to do the Witches Rock/Ollies Point thing, boats leave from right there.
    Last edited by Rock48nj; 06-08-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking to plan a trip to costa rica. A few single guys, mid 30s, looking for fishing, surfing, some nice looking broads and a slightly less negative style of posting.

Any suggestions?
    Fixed.

Have fun, sounds like a blast.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Costa Rica Vacation

Shameless plug.
    Last edited by crasherino; 08-13-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costa Rica is beautiful I suggest going on a couple of tours and venturing out into Monteverde... Lost of forest and jungle

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch out for the Fer-de-lance. Nasty snake all over Costa Rica.
    One of my kid's friends almost got bitten on a trail near the resort they were at.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard Sanchez vacations there frequently. You shouldnt go.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamarindo was my favorite town but you must also see the lake arenal and the volcano.