Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Signs That The Highways Of America Are Being Transformed Into A High Tech Prison

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4486137]So my Street Glide and my Hayabusa aren't motorcycles.

Got it Bro....[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://images.memewow.com/memes/6/342/creepy-wonka-what-you-have-an-extended-swing-arm-on-your-hayabusa.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=cr726;4486145][IMG]http://images.memewow.com/memes/6/342/creepy-wonka-what-you-have-an-extended-swing-arm-on-your-hayabusa.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QwOSO1-d-uo/TQEWB25Cn4I/AAAAAAAAAZQ/qj3AKVwItQ8/s1600/0906_sbkp_21_z%252B2009_suzuki_hayabusa%252Bleft_view.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=cr726;4485980]Rest stops, subway and train stations. Oh boy. :zzz: they are not pulling anyone over on the road.[/QUOTE]

This is paid for with TAX dollars, no matter where they are doing the work. Why should we pay to have our rights imposed upon?

Furthermore, this places listed are just starting points of rights encroachment. It won't end there

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4485902]I never wear a helmet[/QUOTE]

Shocker.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4486233]This is paid for with TAX dollars, no matter where they are doing the work. Why should we pay to have our rights imposed upon?

Furthermore, this places listed are just starting points of rights encroachment. It won't end there[/QUOTE]

+1. It all started with seatbelts.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4486233]This is paid for with TAX dollars, no matter where they are doing the work. Why should we pay to have our rights imposed upon?

Furthermore, this places listed are just starting points of rights encroachment. It won't end there[/QUOTE]

Rights encroachment? Wear your seatbelt, don't speed, use cash at tolls and check your paranoia at the door.

[QUOTE=cr726;4486302]Rights encroachment? Wear your seatbelt, don't speed, use cash at tolls and check your paranoia at the door.[/QUOTE]

....all that and they STILL pull you over or monitor American citizens:

[url]http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/drones1.pdf[/url]

Big(ger) gov't. Proof that this is not paranoia. Look at 9.6, 10 and 11.2.

Police State exponential

Please cite the section of the Constitution that details the right being infringed by your examples. Thanks.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4486338]Please cite the section of the Constitution that details the right being infringed by your examples. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

People like to paint JD as as a loony conspiracy guy, but I think there's no question that technology has allowed the government keep track of the herd very easily. The last two presidents, with the patriot act and closed door executive orders have definitely, at best, created gray areas in terms of personal liberty.

I read about this TSA highway initiative recently and it's very worrisome. Those same idiots, who can't get through a day without groping someone, stealing ipads,or just ignoring security checks, under heavy supervision, we want them out on the highways with more individual latitude ans less immediate oversite? No thanks.

Just like the general feeling I have that we're not far from a complete societal breakdown, just a weird,bad feeling in my gut, I have the same feeling when I read about TSA expansion, or domestic drones, or any number of "Alex Jones" type big brother activity.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4486338]Please cite the section of the Constitution that details the right being infringed by your examples. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Bill Of Rights

Right of search and seizure regulated

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

[url]http://www.ratical.org/co-globalize/BillOfRights.html#4[/url]

[QUOTE=FF2;4486236]Shocker.[/QUOTE]

Hard to believe there are people out there that aren't liberal milquetoasts huh?

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4486363]People like to paint JD as as a loony conspiracy guy[/quote]

Not me. I will never forget his laugahble arguments for his support of Slavary Reparations. I don't think he's looney per se. And I respect that he, unlike me, served. Even if he's occassionally extremely disrespectful to his co-branches of service.

[quote]but I think there's no question that technology has allowed the government keep track of the herd very easily. The last two presidents, with the patriot act and closed door executive orders have definitely, at best, created gray areas in terms of personal liberty.

I read about this TSA highway initiative recently and it's very worrisome. Those same idiots, who can't get through a day without groping someone, stealing ipads,or just ignoring security checks, under heavy supervision, we want them out on the highways with more individual latitude ans less immediate oversite? No thanks.

Just like the general feeling I have that we're not far from a complete societal breakdown, just a weird,bad feeling in my gut, I have the same feeling when I read about TSA expansion, or domestic drones, or any number of "Alex Jones" type big brother activity.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree per se. But I'm still looking for the specific right, as laid out in the Constituion/BoR, that is being infringed here. If we cannot clearly show that, we don't have a case to stop it, for one.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4486373]Bill Of Rights

Right of search and seizure regulated

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

[url]http://www.ratical.org/co-globalize/BillOfRights.html#4[/url][/QUOTE]

Define "Reasonable" now.

These are the issues that continually cause us our problems. Words-of-no-meaning like "Fairness" and "Reasonable". Words that you, I and Joe Blow may all define VERY differently, and may or may not be in force depending on the issue at hand. Searching your cars truck without cause, maybe a case. Speed Cameras....not so much.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4486379]Define "Reasonable" now.

These are the issues that continually cause us our problems. Words-of-no-meaning like "Fairness" and "Reasonable". Words that you, I and Joe Blow may all define VERY differently, and may or may not be in force depending on the issue at hand. Searching your cars truck without cause, maybe a case. Speed Cameras....not so much.[/QUOTE]

'Reasonable' is for lawyers to define. My thought is that there is no end to 'Reasonable' with the gov't. In particular 43 and 44.

To borrow money from another nation to pay for these programs certainly reaches the 'Unreasonable' area

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4486387]'Reasonable' is for lawyers to define. My thought is that there is no end to 'Reasonable' with the gov't. In particular 43 and 44.

To borrow money from another nation to pay for these programs certainly reaches the 'Unreasonable' area[/QUOTE]

Please stop.

Technology has improved and the courts are catching up

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4486363]People like to paint JD as as a loony conspiracy guy, but I think there's no question that technology has allowed the government keep track of the herd very easily. The last two presidents, with the patriot act and closed door executive orders have definitely, at best, created gray areas in terms of personal liberty.

Just like the general feeling I have that we're not far from a complete societal breakdown, just a weird,bad feeling in my gut, I have the same feeling when I read about TSA expansion, or domestic drones, or any number of "Alex Jones" type big brother activity.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4486137]So my Street Glide and my Hayabusa aren't motorcycles.

Got it Bro....[/QUOTE]

lolz.

A Harley AND a Gixxer? That's like a black guy going to a Klan rally.

And you ride the GSX-R without a helmet?

Right.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4486375]Hard to believe there are people out there that aren't liberal milquetoasts huh?[/QUOTE]

Riding without a helmet doesn't make you baddass.

It makes you dumb.

[QUOTE=cr726;4486407]Technology has improved and the courts are catching up[/QUOTE]

I think JD has a serious problem when cr and PD are in agreement against his positions. LOL

[QUOTE=FF2;4486443]Riding without a helmet doesn't make you baddass.

It makes you dumb.[/QUOTE]

Aye, +1