Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Romney Pushed State Health Bill

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4486493]Even a D led Senate (I think it goes R) will be neutered by a GOP presidential victory. They would not have the clout or the mandate to obstruct. Regardless the President can defund the program and exempt all States from mandatory participation via Presidential fiat. I didn't realize you needed an explanation on it. It is fairly straight forward.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I assure you, I didn't need an explanation.

I needed somethign that wasn't 100% pure fantasy.

Tell me, what was the last Govt. Program of the size and scope of Obamacare that a Republican Administration simply, by fiat, "Defunded, exempted all states from participation"?

Tell me when the last (D) Congress, on either side, did not engage in any obstruction (they'd call it something else of course) due to a "lack of clout or mandate".

There are truly rofl-worthy claims Chiefs, this is my continued point. You are claiming Romney will sweep in and answer all the rights prayers, and it's simply....not....realistic. It's a fantasy scenario, not a real world answer to real world problems and our real world system, where one majority opposition house CAN and DOES obstruct, and Presidents can't and shouldn't strike down passed and signed laws by fiat, no matter IF the other side does it or not.

Someone who would suggest that a Dictator Romeny should in-effect "pull and Obama" and start laying down Dictatorial Decrees, defunding (at the Presidential Level?!!) passed law without the House approval, and excempting States from Fedeal laws willy nilly is neither a Conservative or Constitutionalist of ANY kind, and is not living inthe real political world IMO.

[QUOTE=CraigFL;4486575]At the rate the government is growing, and with all the pot-shots taken at the constitution, I can't say with 100% conviction that we will be able to vote in 2016. Or at least it won't matter as the electoral college will have overwhelming say. :eek: :D[/QUOTE]

You aren't allowed to make generalizations here!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4486592]Oh, I assure you, I didn't need an explanation.

I needed somethign that wasn't 100% pure fantasy.

Tell me, what was the last Govt. Program of the size and scope of Obamacare that a Republican Administration simply, by fiat, "Defunded, exempted all states from participation"?

Tell me when the last (D) Congress, on either side, did not engage in any obstruction (they'd call it something else of course) due to a "lack of clout or mandate".

There are truly rofl-worthy claims Chiefs, this is my continued point. You are claiming Romney will sweep in and answer all the rights prayers, and it's simply....not....realistic. It's a fantasy scenario, not a real world answer to real world problems and our real world system, where one majority opposition house CAN and DOES obstruct, and Presidents can't and shouldn't strike down passed and signed laws by fiat, no matter IF the other side does it or not.

[B]Someone who would suggest that a Dictator Romeny should in-effect "pull and Obama" and start laying down Dictatorial Decrees, defunding (at the Presidential Level?!!) passed law without the House approval, and excempting States from Fedeal laws willy nilly is neither a Conservative or Constitutionalist of ANY kind, and is not living inthe real political world IMO[/B].[/QUOTE]

I'd say this last statement, given recent events, is only about 50% accurate.

True that these decrees are neither conservative of Constitutionalist, but they certainly are within the realm of the real political world. Don't have to look past George W. Obama and Barack H. Bush to see that.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4486605]I'd say this last statement, given recent events, is only about 50% accurate.

True that these decrees are neither conservative of Constitutionalist, but they certainly are within the realm of the real political world. Don't have to look past George W. Obama and Barack H. Bush to see that.[/QUOTE]

Is that really where we're at then on the right? Where our highest hope is that our Dictator will rule by better fiat than theirs?

If so....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4486624]Is that really where we're at then on the right? Where our highest hope is that our Dictator will rule by better fiat than theirs?

If so....[/QUOTE]

Didnt say it was what I wanted. Just disputed the fact that it isn't realistic. Unfortunately, things of this sort seem to be increasingly acceptable to folks (doesn't matter which side). Just the fact that we're discussing it now should speak to that.

I wouldn't put anything past any of these guys any more. :(
    Last edited by JetPotato; 06-07-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=cr726;4486604]You aren't allowed to make generalizations here!!!!![/QUOTE]

My apologies, I thought everything about politics was a generalization. (Should I have used 99% to avoid a generalization)?

[QUOTE=CraigFL;4486655]My apologies, I thought everything about politics was a generalization. (Should I have used 99% to avoid a generalization)?[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you lean even a little bit to the left absolutely zero generalizations, Righty you generalize away especially if you attack the current President. ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;4486666]Sorry if you lean even a little bit to the left absolutely zero generalizations, Righty you generalize away especially if you attack the current President. ;)[/QUOTE]

Link?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4486668]Link?[/QUOTE]

Missing

Un

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4486687]Missing[/QUOTE]

Funny

Has anyone Tried to Upgrade or Add Seats in the Upper Deck?
    Views: 12,845
    Posted By shakin318
    I just figured it out -- you are the Obama of JI....

I just figured it out -- you are the Obama of JI. Everything is dividing and pitting one group against another. PSL owners vs. Non-PSL owners...sunny siders vs. shady siders....long-time STHs vs. new...

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. The US has one of the best and most efficient healthcare systems in the world - why change?

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4487712]I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. The US has one of the best and most efficient healthcare systems in the world - why change?[/QUOTE]

We needed to adjust the system because it was getting too expensive. Obamas solution? Obamacare which drove the cost up even higher then before. Not to mention a slew of new taxes and new deficits to boot. Thanks Barry, you managed to make the healthcare cost problem worse while simultaneously increasing taxes and increasing the deficit.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4487712]I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. The US has one of the best and [B]most efficient [/B]healthcare systems in the world - why change?[/QUOTE]

This makes me think you're being sarcastic, but I just can't tell for sure....

Jets Insider VIP
    [url]http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/06/23/us-usa-healthcare-last-idUSTRE65M0SU20100623[/url]

[quote]By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor
    WASHINGTON | Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:48pm EDT
    (Reuters) - Americans spend twice as much as residents of other developed countries on healthcare, but get lower quality, less efficiency and have the least equitable system, according to a report released on Wednesday.

The United States ranked last when compared to six other countries -- Britain, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand, the Commonwealth Fund report found.

"As an American it just bothers me that with all of our know-how, all of our wealth, that we are not assuring that people who need healthcare can get it," Commonwealth Fund president Karen Davis told reporters in a telephone briefing.

Previous reports by the nonprofit fund, which conducts research into healthcare performance and promotes changes in the U.S. system, have been heavily used by policymakers and politicians pressing for healthcare reform.

Davis said she hoped health reform legislation passed in March would lead to improvements.

The current report uses data from nationally representative patient and physician surveys in seven countries in 2007, 2008, and 2009. It is available here

In 2007, health spending was $7,290 per person in the United States, more than double that of any other country in the survey.

Australians spent $3,357, Canadians $3,895, Germans $3,588, the Netherlands $3,837 and Britons spent $2,992 per capita on health in 2007. New Zealand spent the least at $2,454.

This is a big rise from the Fund's last similar survey, in 2007, which found Americans spent $6,697 per capita on healthcare in 2005, or 16 percent of gross domestic product.

"We rank last on safety and do poorly on several dimensions of quality," Schoen told reporters. "We do particularly poorly on going without care because of cost. And we also do surprisingly poorly on access to primary care and after-hours care."

NETHERLANDS RANKED FIRST OVERALL

The report looks at five measures of healthcare -- quality, efficiency, access to care, equity and the ability to lead long, healthy, productive lives.

Britain, whose nationalized healthcare system was widely derided by opponents of U.S. healthcare reform, ranks first in quality while the Netherlands ranked first overall on all scores, the Commonwealth team found.

U.S. patients with chronic conditions were the most likely to say they gotten the wrong drug or had to wait to learn of abnormal test results.

"The findings demonstrate the need to quickly implement provisions in the new health reform law," the report reads.

Critics of reports that show Europeans or Australians are healthier than Americans point to the U.S. lifestyle as a bigger factor than healthcare. Americans have higher rates of obesity than other developed countries, for instance.

"On the other hand, the other countries have higher rates of smoking," Davis countered. And Germany, for instance, has a much older population more prone to chronic disease.

Every other system covers all its citizens, the report noted and said the U.S. system, which leaves 46 million Americans or 15 percent of the population without health insurance, is the most unfair.

"The lower the performance score for equity, the lower the performance on other measures. This suggests that, when a country fails to meet the needs of the most vulnerable, it also fails to meet the needs of the average citizen," the report reads.[/quote]

I'm so sick of tired that as a nation we cant cant have a discussion about a subject before waving the left and right flag syndrome. I for one have resigned from thinking this government (any part of it) cares to represent me, when in fact the only people politicians care about is the corporations that lobby and get them elected.

This whole Left/right conversation is bull$hit to distract the people from the real problem at hand. Americas cant get jobs, jobs are outsourced to foreign countries, corporations evading taxes by opening shell offices in the Caribbean islands and putting that burden on everyone else, people looking for handout, Mexican drug cartels bringing their war and shedding blood in American soil, China buying all rare minerals, China securing Iraq oil after shed american blood, etc. I'm sick of it all.

Who gives a $hit who vote for... It doesn't matter.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4486478] the country may need another 4 years of Obama for either a stronger Republican to emerge [/QUOTE]
    Politicians don't come stronger than Romney, son. Obama is learning first hand.

Here are two basic facts:

* He is a Republican Mormon from Michigan who got himself elected governor of Massachusetts. Lifetime achievement award for that alone.

* Hands on founder of Bain Capital. I got to know of their "sterling" (appropriate word, btw) reputation first hand while working on a syndicate desk at a major bank.

Mitt Romney has serious skills, you won't get this from a media with an agenda to bury him.

But when he meets Obama head-on there will be no hiding and there it won't be much of a contest.

If things go according to the book Obama will signal his doomed fate with a "don't worry about me" pleasure vacation in August, ala the fishing trips of Bush the Elder and Jimmy Carter. Look for it.
    Last edited by sackdance; 06-08-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Holy sh1t, you are blowing the guy that nobody wanted.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4487750]Politicians don't come stronger than Romney, son. Obama is learning first hand.

Here are two basic facts:

* He is a Republican Mormon from Michigan who got himself elected governor of Massachusetts. Lifetime achievement award for that alone.

* Hands on founder of Bain Capital. I got to know of their "sterling" (appropriate word, btw) reputation first hand while working on a syndicate desk at a major bank.

Mitt Romney has serious skills, you won't get this from a media with an agenda to bury him.

But when he meets Obama head-on there will be no hiding and there it won't be much of a contest.

If things go according to the book Obama will signal his doomed fate with a "don't worry about me" pleasure vacation in August, ala the fishing trips of Bush the Elder and Jimmy Carter. Look for it.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4487712]I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. The US has one of the best and most efficient healthcare systems in the world - why change?[/QUOTE]

Get lost Vincenzo..get a light shark bite on your tuchus at Varadero and see what kind of medical care you get
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-09-2012 at 11:56 AM.

[QUOTE=dmitexxi;4487734][url]http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/06/23/us-usa-healthcare-last-idUSTRE65M0SU20100623[/url]

I'm so sick of tired that as a nation we cant cant have a discussion about a subject before waving the left and right flag syndrome. I for one have resigned from thinking this government (any part of it) cares to represent me, when in fact the only people politicians care about is the corporations that lobby and get them elected.

This whole Left/right conversation is bull$hit to distract the people from the real problem at hand. Americas cant get jobs, jobs are outsourced to foreign countries, corporations evading taxes by opening shell offices in the Caribbean islands and putting that burden on everyone else, people looking for handout, Mexican drug cartels bringing their war and shedding blood in American soil, China buying all rare minerals, China securing Iraq oil after shed american blood, etc. I'm sick of it all.

Who gives a $hit who vote for... It doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Stop making sense.....:yes: