Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holmes leaves OTA's in frustration, claims he was overused

I think that Holmes is a turd. But this "incident" should be a non-story. It falls into the same categorey as the Joe McKnight puke story from a few years ago.

Would it be ideal if all of these guys were in top shape all of the time? Yes.

Does that ever actually happen? No.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4486914]I think that Holmes is a turd. But this "incident" should be a non-story. It falls into the same categorey as the Joe McKnight puke story from a few years ago.

Does that ever actually happen? No.[/QUOTE]

It's an issue to anyone who wanted to see Holmes make a concerted effort to be a "leader" this year. To do whatever necessary to put last year behind him. To prove once and for all he is worth the money they signed him to.

Now, all of that can still happen. He produces in September and no one remembers June. It just would have been nice if he decided to start early . . .

True or not, I'm just not a Santonio Holmes fan.

I look forward to the day he's not a NY Jet.....a long time from now, most likely.:(

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4486914]I think that Holmes is a turd. But this "incident" should be a non-story. It falls into the same categorey as the Joe McKnight puke story from a few years ago.

Agreed 100 per cent!

Being out of shape in June is one thing.

As a veteran player, all you have to do is quietly go over to the coaching staff and tell them you're going to the locker room. No one notices, no one cares, no attention from the press.

When he has a hissy fit and tosses his helmet on the field, it speaks to his lack of maturity.

It's funny to me a couple of people asked this thread to be deleted and one guy even said I should be banned for posting it. Cimini loves to sensationalize **** but this DOES deserve a discussion. Yeah it's June and it's not the worst thing in the world to be a little out of shape, but he acted like the ***** that he is. He should be setting an example out there. That's all the "newbie" is going to say on this subject.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4486919]It's an issue to anyone who wanted to see Holmes make a concerted effort to be a "leader" this year. To do whatever necessary to put last year behind him. To prove once and for all he is worth the money they signed him to.

Now, all of that can still happen. He produces in September and no one remembers June. It just would have been nice if he decided to start early . . .[/QUOTE]

The man was in Germany visiting our wounded troops. I'd say give him a break. I find it to be great that a guy like Holmes wanted to visit our troops. Sorry I do not see that as a big problem here. He gets off a plane and runs 20 to 25 plays out of 35 and his legs feel like rubber and you and others exhibit the need to be critical. Sorry I disagree. He is a hero for trying to cheer up our wounded troops. I am not a fan of Holmes but lets be fair.

I don't think most people are taking issue with Holmes not being in shape or up to speed. It's more about the way he went about things. Apparently, he threw his helmet and had a hissy fit. Instead, he should have just gone to the coach and said "hey, it's my first day back, how about cutting back on my reps?"

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4486937]Being out of shape in June is one thing.

As a veteran player, all you have to do is quietly go over to the coaching staff and tell them you're going to the locker room. No one notices, no one cares, no attention from the press.

When he has a hissy fit and tosses his helmet on the field, it speaks to his lack of maturity.[/QUOTE]

Oh are you sure he had a hissy fit or perhaps he was down on himself for not being on the field with the guys for all 35 plays. Since we were not there how can anyone be sure of the motive behind him tossing his helmet. If we were to believe the infamous writer( Cimini) we'd all believe a lot of pure rubbish about our Jets. I think its time to put this crappy story behind us. Some guys have the need to spread Doom and Gloom. Too bad! Visiting wounded troops is a noble thing to do.

Jets Insider VIP
    If you showed up for the first OTA and had to dive and twist six ways to Tuesday dozens of times to try and catch misthrown wild ducks from timmy, you'd want to take a break too

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4486946]Oh are you sure he had a hissy fit or perhaps he was down on himself for not being on the field with the guys for all 35 plays. Since we were not there how can anyone be sure of the motive behind him tossing his helmet. If we were to believe the infamous writer( Cimini) we'd all believe a lot of pure rubbish about our Jets. I think its time to put this crappy story behind us. Some guys have the need to spread Doom and Gloom. Too bad! Visiting wounded troops is a noble thing to do.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it reported that he had words with Sanjay as well ?

[QUOTE=sg3;4486955]If you showed up for the first OTA and had to dive and twist six ways to Tuesday dozens of times to try and catch misthrown wild ducks from timmy, you'd want to take a break too[/QUOTE]

Got any evidence that Tebow has thrown any ducks at the OTAs ?

Or did you just feel like spreading some bull**** ?

[QUOTE=OCCH;4486823]It's sad that you are so bothered by how Jets fans perceive their players . . .[/QUOTE]

It's even more sad that the clown tries to rile up Jets fan about a report that nobody can qualify.

The media is working in overdrive to crate controversy, none of us know what actually went on..

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4486946]Oh are you sure he had a hissy fit or perhaps he was down on himself for not being on the field with the guys for all 35 plays. Since we were not there how can anyone be sure of the motive behind him tossing his helmet. If we were to believe the infamous writer( Cimini) we'd all believe a lot of pure rubbish about our Jets. I think its time to put this crappy story behind us. Some guys have the need to spread Doom and Gloom. Too bad! Visiting wounded troops is a noble thing to do.[/QUOTE]

This.

At least somebody gets it on this damn board.

Meanwhile, Pats trolls are beside themselves, and can't STFU...

[QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4486963]Got any evidence that Tebow has thrown any ducks at the OTAs ?

Or did you just feel like spreading some bull**** ?[/QUOTE]

There is plenty of evidence that Tebow has been erratic early in OTA's, are you denying this?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4486925]I look forward to the day he's not a NY Jet.....a long time from now, most likely.:([/QUOTE]

Agreed! Holmes is garbage, always was and always will be. I hope Rex and Tanny are anticipating the crap that will come this season and phase this piece of crap out so he will sit and demand a trade. If anyone here thinks that this season will go smoothly is sippin' the koolaid.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4486993]There is plenty of evidence that Tebow has been erratic early in OTA's, are you denying this?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see that evidence. Don't tell me, you going to cite the two interceptions ?? IIRC, in many of the different sessions, Tebow actually had a better comp % than Sanchez.

All this means squat really as it's just practice, and we don't know who is at fault for any of the miscues (did receivers run the right routes ? Or did they pull up ?)

Curiously, I haven't seen a single report of Tebow being wildly off target, of Tebow throwing balls into the dirt, or of Tebow throwing ducks. You'd think that if he had done any of the three, it would have been front page news.

So again, I'd like to see your "evidence".

[QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4487001]I'd like to see that evidence. Don't tell me, you going to cite the two interceptions ?? IIRC, in many of the different sessions, Tebow actually had a better comp % than Sanchez.

All this means squat really as it's just practice, and we don't know who is at fault for any of the miscues (did receivers run the right routes ? Or did they pull up ?)

Curiously, I haven't seen a single report of Tebow being wildly off target, of Tebow throwing balls into the dirt, or of Tebow throwing ducks. You'd think that if he had done any of the three, it would have been front page news.

So again, I'd like to see your "evidence".[/QUOTE]

[url]www.google.com[/url]

"Tebow struggles at Jets practice"

[quote]

[LIST=1][*][B][URL="http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/mark_on_target_as_tebow_struggles_JUPlm5mLoT3cs483L4XedI"]Sanchez on target; [I]Tebow struggles at Jets[/I]' OTAs - NYPOST.com[/URL][/B]

[url]www.nypost.com/.../[/url][B]jets[/B]/mark_on_target_as_[B]tebow[/B]_[B]struggles[/B]_...
    May 25, 2012 – Sanchez on target; [I]Tebow struggles at Jets[/I]' OTAs [B]...[/B] Tim Tebow looked terrible in his first [I]Jets practice[/I] that was open to the media. Now, it's [B]...[/B]

[*][B][URL="http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2012/05/25/sports/doc4fbef23073f5f293269982.txt"]NFL: Sanchez sharp, [I]Tebow struggles at Jets[/I] OTAs - saratogian.com[/URL][/B]

[url]www.saratogian.com/articles/.../doc4fbef23073f5f293269982.txt[/url]
    May 25, 2012 – NFL: Sanchez sharp, [I]Tebow struggles at Jets[/I] OTAs [B]...[/B] Mark Sanchez, left, and Tim Tebow look on during NFL football [I]practice[/I], Thursday, May [B]...[/B]

[*][B][URL="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1194931-sanchez-and-hill-hook-up-in-jets-otas-while-holmes-is-away-and-tebow-struggles"]Sanchez and Hill Hook Up in [I]Jets[/I] OTAs While Holmes Is Away and [B]...[/B][/URL][/B]

bleacherreport.com/.../1194931-sanchez-and-hill-hook-up-in-[B]jets[/B]-ota...
    May 24, 2012 – The [I]Jets[/I] OTA [I]practice[/I] was open to the media today, offering a [B]...[/B] and Hill Hook Up in [I]Jets[/I] OTAs While Holmes Is Away and [I]Tebow Struggles[/I] [B]...[/B]

[*][B][URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/24/sanchez-tebow-stress-competition/"]Sanchez, [I]Tebow[/I] stress competition | ProFootballTalk[/URL][/B]

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/.../sanchez-[B]tebow[/B]-stress-competition/
    May 24, 2012 – We'll all go insane if we scrutinize every [I]Jets practice[/I] all summer long [B]...[/B] “Absolutely, it had a competitive vibe,” [I]Tebow[/I] said of today's [I]practice[/I].

[*][B][URL="http://www.sportsoverdose.com/video/are-tebows-struggles-a-blip-on-the-radar.html"]Watch: Are [I]Tebow's Struggles[/I] A Blip On The Radar? | New York [I]Jets[/I] [B]...[/B][/URL][/B]

[url]www.sportsoverdose.com/.../are-[/url][B]tebows[/B]-[B]struggles[/B]-a-blip-on-the-radar...
    May 25, 2012 – Watch: First Take debates whether Tim [I]Tebow's struggles[/I] are a blip on the [B]...[/B] the [I]Jets[/I] announced today, and isn't expected back until [I]training[/I] [B]...[/B]

[*][B][URL="http://www.sportsoverdose.com/video/sanchez-shines-tebow-struggles-in-ota.html"]Watch: Sanchez Shines, [I]Tebow Struggles[/I] in OTA | New York [I]Jets[/I] [B]...[/B][/URL][/B]

[url]www.sportsoverdose.com/.../sanchez-shines-[/url][B]tebow[/B]-[B]struggles[/B]-in-ota.ht...
    May 24, 2012 – Watch: Rich Cimini reports on how the [I]Jets[/I]' quarterbacks fared during their OTA on Thursday. [B]...[/B] Sanchez Shines, [I]Tebow Struggles[/I] in OTA [B]...[/B] The [I]practice[/I] on Tuesday, June 12 will be closed, but the ones the next two days, [B]...[/B]

[*][B][URL="http://allnyj.com/?p=2879"]Mark on target as [I]Tebow struggles[/I] | All New York [I]Jets[/I][/URL][/B]

allnyj.com/?p=2879
    May 25, 2012 – Mark on target as [I]Tebow struggles[/I]. May 25th [B]...[/B] Tim Tebow looked terrible in his first [I]Jets practice[/I] that was open to the media. Now, it's only [B]...[/B]

[*][B][URL="http://features.rr.com/article/01EL5jJ6cm1w3"]NFL: Sanchez sharp, [I]Tebow struggles at Jets[/I] OTAs[/URL] features.rr.com/article/01EL5jJ6cm1w3[/B]

[*]May 24, 2012 – New York [I]Jets[/I] quarterbacks Mark Sanchez, left, and Tim [I]Tebow[/I] look on during NFL football [I]practice[/I], Thursday, May 24, 2012, in Florham Park, [B]...[/quote][/B]
    [/LIST]
    Still confused?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4486939]The man was in Germany visiting our wounded troops. I'd say give him a break. I find it to be great that a guy like Holmes wanted to visit our troops. Sorry I do not see that as a big problem here. He gets off a plane and runs 20 to 25 plays out of 35 and his legs feel like rubber and you and others exhibit the need to be critical. Sorry I disagree. He is a hero for trying to cheer up our wounded troops. I am not a fan of Holmes but lets be fair.[/QUOTE]

Here's what I don't understand about this 'Holmes in Germany' story. Even if true, why does he schedule a trip to miss camp time? The team has been off since January, and he'll have several weeks off again until July... yet conveniently he has it scheduled so he misses workouts? Then to top it off, he comes back, throws his helmet, and complains about getting too much work since he's out of shape.
    I couldn't make this stuff up.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4487004][url]www.google.com[/url]

"Tebow struggles at Jets practice"

[/B]
    [/LIST]
    Still confused?[/QUOTE]

let's see. I picked the first link just to check, this is about all they said concerning Tebow:

[quote]Tebow looked indecisive and unsure of himself. He threw interceptions on consecutive passes at one point.

[/quote]

Funny, I don't see a frakking thing about throwing the ball in the dirt or being erratic with is actual passes.

So let's go back and look at what was said that I took issue with:

[QUOTE=sg3;4486955]If you showed up for the first OTA and [COLOR="Red"][B]had to dive and twist six ways to Tuesday[/B][/COLOR] dozens of times [COLOR="Red"][B]to try and catch misthrown wild ducks from timmy[/B][/COLOR], you'd want to take a break too[/QUOTE]

So, show me in any of those links where it even begins to talk about Tebow throwing ducks, balls in the dirt, or even being "erratic" with his passing.

What they say is that he was indecisive about where to go with the ball. That's not the same as throwing ducks.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 06-07-2012 at 10:50 PM.