Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I'll Have Another" - No He Won't

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

"I'll Have Another" - No He Won't

"I'll Have Another" scratched from Belmont Stakes.

Sorry if posted somewhere else. Just saw the breaking news.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

that should help the traffic this weekend...

aside from that, bummer, I was looking forward to another triple crown winner it's been a long time

Iíll Have Another Is Out of Belmont Stakes, Trainer OíNeill Says

still will be packed. weather going to be beautiful and people already got tickets and made plans

Hall Of Fame
    I smell a rat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Glad I didn't buy my ticket yet. I always go when there is a Triple Crown chance. I got busy and forgot to buy a ticket and the only thing left was general admission. I checked stubhub but the cost was high but so was the supply. Thousands of tickets available on stubhub as of last night. I planned to wait until the seller panic set in.

I bet it set in now. :D

Looks like I'll be watching the race from home now.

Talk about a letdown. This removes all of the drama and interest in this race. They were hoping to get 120k fans...now they will be lucky to get 60k.

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zrjuYgZKUns/Tqn-HYcFalI/AAAAAAAABv8/R1NW_WFYsO4/s1600/beat_dead_horse2.jpg[/IMG]

What a coincidence. Belmont puts all the belmont stakes horses a special barn where they control everything going in and out of it. And now the controversial doug o'neill scratches his triple crown horse at the last minute. I love doug o'neill's horses, bet them all the time out west, but I can't help but wonder if he knew he couldn't give the horse one of his milkshakes or some other drug before the race so he made up an injury and scratched it.

[QUOTE=greenlantern1094;4487403]What a coincidence. Belmont puts all the belmont stakes horses a special barn where they control everything going in and out of it. And now the controversial doug o'neill scratches his triple crown horse at the last minute. I love doug o'neill's horses, bet them all the time out west, but I can't help but wonder if he knew he couldn't give the horse one of his milkshakes or some other drug before the race so he made up an injury and scratched it.[/QUOTE]

Nah, there is way too much on the line (Triple Crown bonus, stud fees). Had they lost, they could easily find an excuse afterwards. It has to be a legitimate scratch.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=greenlantern1094;4487403]What a coincidence. Belmont puts all the belmont stakes horses a special barn where they control everything going in and out of it. And now the controversial doug o'neill scratches his triple crown horse at the last minute. I love doug o'neill's horses, bet them all the time out west, but I can't help but wonder if he knew he couldn't give the horse one of his milkshakes or some other drug before the race so he made up an injury and scratched it.[/QUOTE]

He's not controversial he has been suspended in every one of his 14 years, he is a dirtbag. They should jack his ass up and send him around the track, ya know.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 06-08-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Apparently I'll Have Another will lead the other horses onto the track tomorrow. IMO this is the stupidest idea I have ever heard. He could get a rush of adrenaline and worsen his injury. Right now it isn't a bad injury but if they were truly concerned about the horse they would not put on the sideshow tomorrow.

Hall Of Fame
    Good.

Barbaric sport, should be illegal.

This is quite interesting indeed.... what the hell is this all about anyway?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I was really looking forward to that race. Damn.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4487604]Good.

Barbaric sport, should be illegal.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Same with bullriding.

America has gone soft.

All Pro

10 posts in 20 months. You are either a serious lurker or just fappened to be on the site less than an hour after the announcement. Pure awesomeness either way. Mmmmm....milkshakes.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Have to get glue from somewhere.

All Pro

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4487689]Agreed. Same with bullriding.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with both. I would pay to see a sport where huge fat prison chicks are ridden by little people, while contest winners slap them with rolled up newspapers. The winner gets her sentence commuted. The losers, well.....