Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Obvious FOX News Bias That Made Me LoL

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Some Obvious FOX News Bias That Made Me LoL

This picture, used today on an article about Obama and his comments that the Private Sector is "doing fine".

Didn't even bother to read teh article tbqh, the picture made me lol it was such an obvious case of "image bias" in reporting.

[IMG]http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/0/0/060812_obama_20120608_141753.jpg[/IMG]

Sad President is Sad?

LolFOX.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes but at least Obama says the private sector is doing fine. That's great news for the 8.2% of folks that are unemployed and the 17% of people that are underemployed. According to Obama the job market is great so those people must suck at life. They are probably just bitter and clinging to their guns and their religion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok for this scenario the Private Business is Longshanks, Obama is Phillip and the left wing media is the Prince

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_daP1IWY28o[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh the horror! That dumass should be sad. :mad:

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    A non flattering picture? LMAO..

Try this......

[url]http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/06/07/Moonves-Outs-Journalism-at-Obama-event[/url]

[QUOTE][B]CBS Chief Moonves Attends Obama Fundraiser, Outs Journalism as 'Partisan'[/B]

by John Nolte
    1 day ago

Last night in Los Angeles as our economy burned, President Barack Obama continued along his record-setting fundraising pace (events, not cash raised) with a stop among the glittery Top 1% at a LGBT fundraiser that included Ellen Degeneres, Cher, Chaz Bono, and CBS Corp. CEO and chairman Les Moonves. Part of what Moonves does is oversee the CBS News division, which makes the fact that he attended a political fundraiser fascinating, but not as fascinating as what he told The Los Angeles Times:

CBS chief Les Moonves and his wife, Julie Chen, waited patiently for their wristbands. Obama, Moonves said, "has shown great leadership" on the issue of gay marriage.

Though he heads a news division, Moonves said, "ultimately journalism has changed partisanship is very much a part of journalism now."

He hastened to add that despite his presence, "I run a news division. I've given no money to any candidate."

It's plausible Moonves could've attended this bigtime fundraiser as a guest, meaning someone else paid for his ticket so he could maintain that he has "given no money to any candidate." But what's the head of a major news division doing at this kind of partisan event to begin with? He certainly wasn't there to cover it for CBS. And what's he thinking publicly gushing over Obama's "great leadership" on the divisive issue of same-sex marriage?

Anyway, his statement about how "partisanship is very much a part of journalism now" is not only interesting considering he said it at a Obama fundraiser, but it's also a falsehood.

Partisanship has always been a part of journalism, especially at CBS News. It's just that the network always has and always will hide its partisanship behind a phony shield of objectivity and nonsense loopholes such as, "I'm at this bigtime fundraiser but have never given money to any candidate."

But what Moonves is doing here is finally (and probably by accident) admitting that the media is partisan. It's also interesting that he's outing journalism in general, not just the openly partisan media that has blossomed online or on talk radio.

He's calling "journalism" partisan -- and indeed it is.

So the only surprise is that someone with Moonves's status is finally admitting it.

More irony: Moonves outing all of journalism at an LGBT event.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4487603]Yes but at least Obama says the private sector is doing fine. That's great news for the 8.2% of folks that are unemployed and the 17% of people that are underemployed. According to Obama the job market is great so those people must suck at life. They are probably just bitter and clinging to their guns and their religion.[/QUOTE]

Hows the rest of the world doing? When you put everything in context maybe you will understand.
    Oh but i forgot the right doesnt care about the rest of the world.USA ! USA! USA! RAHHHH! Were #1! USA rules! Hulk Hogan #1 Eat your vitamins Say your prayers! USA!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4487603]Yes but at least Obama says the private sector is doing fine. That's great news for the 8.2% of folks that are unemployed and the 17% of people that are underemployed.[/QUOTE]

So...maybe you shouldn't spend so much time during working hours posting on the internet. ;)

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4487938]Hows the rest of the world doing? When you put everything in context maybe you will understand.
    Oh but i forgot the right doesnt care about the rest of the world.USA ! USA! USA! RAHHHH! Were #1! USA rules! Hulk Hogan #1 Eat your vitamins Say your prayers! USA![/QUOTE]

Unlike the commies on the left, the right puts America first, and doesn't blame her for all of the world's ills....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4487954]....the right puts America first...[/QUOTE]

Please explain what that means....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4487938][B]Hows the rest of the world doing? [/B]When you put everything in context maybe you will understand.
    Oh but i forgot the right doesnt care about the rest of the world.USA ! USA! USA! RAHHHH! Were #1! USA rules! Hulk Hogan #1 Eat your vitamins Say your prayers! USA![/QUOTE]

Who cares, how is that relevant? Sounds like Affirmative action, just drag the ceiling lower, and lower. Hey we're still better than Uganda and Guatemala!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4487603]Yes but at least Obama says the private sector is doing fine. That's great news for the 8.2% of folks that are unemployed and the 17% of people that are underemployed. According to Obama the job market is great so those people must suck at life. They are probably just bitter and clinging to their guns and their religion.[/QUOTE]

Hey the GOP downgraded our credit rating with political theatre and block everything the President asks for from Congress, but that's right, there is only one branch of government - and if things aren't getting better, it's all on him.
    Last edited by SafetyBlitz; 06-09-2012 at 02:05 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4487938]Hows the rest of the world doing? When you put everything in context maybe you will understand.

I've always been curious Ken.

If you truly believe other Nations of the world have gotten it MUCH better and more "right" than we have in the States, why wouldn't you emigrate to those nations? I mean just out of pure personal interest? You're an exceptionally well-educated professor and medical doctor, if I recall, surely your talent would be desired in Sweeden or Norway.

You seem to truly hate ~50% of your fellow Americans, find much about our Nation, it's heritage and it's people high objectionable.

So why stay?

Honest question, as it truly confuses me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4487940]So...maybe you shouldn't spend so much time during working hours posting on the internet. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your concern but I run my own small business. My combined businesses employ more than 100 people. I am a contributor to our society not a taker. My work in the manufacturing industry has given me a unique perspective on how this economy works. I understand fundamentally the challenges we face when dealing with a political party that has no clue what it is that makes our economy function. Whats worse is that your ilk demonizes the very businesses and people that create prosperity for everyone.

Another thing you and your ilk have wrong is your concept of what motivates your opposition (business owners/Republicans). Your side feels that Republican political philosophy is designed to keep rich people rich and poor folks poor. Business people don't think that way at all. We want a strong economy so that we can grow our businesses. The more prosperity and the wider and broader it is the better it is for business. The reality is that the Democrats have it all wrong and they have for years. Barack Obama is the embodiment of everything that is wrong about progressive liberal ideology.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4488066]I've always been curious Ken.

If you truly believe other Nations of the world have gotten it MUCH better and more "right" than we have in the States, why wouldn't you emigrate to those nations? I mean just out of pure personal interest? You're an exceptionally well-educated professor and medical doctor,[COLOR="Red"] if I recall, surely your talent would be desired in Sweeden or Norway.
    [/COLOR]
    You seem to truly hate ~50% of your fellow Americans, find much about our Nation, it's heritage and it's people high objectionable.

So why stay?

Honest question, as it truly confuses me.[/QUOTE]
    Because he doesn't want to make only 40 grand a year and have to pay 70% tax on it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep holding on while waiting to be bought out. The new American Way. :eek:

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4488106]Thanks for your concern but I run my own small business. My combined businesses employ more than 100 people. I am a contributor to our society not a taker. My work in the manufacturing industry has given me a unique perspective on how this economy works. I understand fundamentally the challenges we face when dealing with a political party that has no clue what it is that makes our economy function. Whats worse is that your ilk demonizes the very businesses and people that create prosperity for everyone.

Another thing you and your ilk have wrong is your concept of what motivates your opposition (business owners/Republicans). Your side feels that Republican political philosophy is designed to keep rich people rich and poor folks poor. Business people don't think that way at all. We want a strong economy so that we can grow our businesses. The more prosperity and the wider and broader it is the better it is for business. The reality is that the Democrats have it all wrong and they have for years. Barack Obama is the embodiment of everything that is wrong about progressive liberal ideology.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4488113]Keep holding on while waiting to be bought out. The new American Way. :eek:[/QUOTE]

If I got bought out I would open or invest in another business. Thats how it works. Any success I have is spread to those around me. From the contractors that fix things in my house to the teachers at my kids private schools. It is a beautiful thing really. Then when I die the government gets to keep half of my after tax lifetime earnings. So in reality after having paid in over 40% of my earnings to taxes, the rest going to contractors, teachers, restaurants etc another 50% of the balance of the 60% i originally got to keep will also go back to the government. Not a bad deal for America or the teachers, restaurateurs, contractors, employees, car salesmen, travel agents, manufacturers... it goes on and on. This notion that people with some success achieve it by diminishing others in society is a complete falsehood. The reality is quite the opposite. I am not complaining by the way. I think that the income tax code is ok as it is. I dont have a problem with the bottom 50% paying nothing. The problem is that no matter how much the government takes it is never enough.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4488119]If I got bought out I would open or invest in another business. Thats how it works. Any success I have is spread to those around me. From the contractors that fix things in my house to the teachers at my kids private schools. It is a beautiful thing really. Then when I die the government gets to keep half of my after tax lifetime earnings. So in reality after having paid in over 40% of my earnings to taxes, the rest going to contractors, teachers, restaurants etc another 50% of the balance of the 60% i originally got to keep will also go back to the government. Not a bad deal for America or the teachers, restaurateurs, contractors, employees, car salesmen, travel agents, manufacturers... it goes on and on. This notion that people with some success achieve it by diminishing others in society is a complete falsehood. The reality is quite the opposite. I am not complaining by the way. I think that the income tax code is ok as it is.[COLOR="Red"] I dont have a problem with the bottom 50% paying nothing[/COLOR]. The problem is that no matter how much the government takes it is never enough.[/QUOTE]

You should. No ownership in anything breeds contempt and lack of pride. PS, a good portion of those get a check in the form of "Earned income" tax credit*, money for nothing. *4.6 bil to illegals. Some claiming 20 dependents living in Mexico. (don't waste my time,CR with your standard "link". Look it up your self!)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4488106]Thanks for your concern but I run my own small business. My combined businesses employ more than 100 people.[/QUOTE]

I employ 200 people.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4487979]Who cares, how is that relevant? Sounds like Affirmative action, just drag the ceiling lower, and lower. Hey we're still better than Uganda and Guatemala![/QUOTE]

Its relevant because we have a global economy anwhat is happening overseas in Europe has a direct effect on us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4488066]I've always been curious Ken.

If you truly believe other Nations of the world have gotten it MUCH better and more "right" than we have in the States, why wouldn't you emigrate to those nations? I mean just out of pure personal interest? You're an exceptionally well-educated professor and medical doctor, if I recall, surely your talent would be desired in Sweeden or Norway.

So why stay?

Honest question, as it truly confuses me.[/QUOTE]

I love this country. It is truly unique in that anyone, no matter what their race, ethnicity, or social background has a real opportunity to move up in the world and accomplish great things. Unfortunately i see guys sitting on the Right pushing policies that will take this uniqueness away from America.

Honest answer.