Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drinking and posting in the Hampur. Why are we compelled to do this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4488693]LOL![/QUOTE]

:mad:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Carlton;4488701]:mad:[/QUOTE]

:)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too was drinking last night but was watching a movie and had no access to the Hampur so I couldn't post. Had I posted, I would have gone off because I was supremely perturbed.

Saw The Descendants. What an awful movie. How a crappy movie like that gets nominated for an Oscar and actually wins one is beyond my ability to comprehend.

And I like Clooney a lot, but really?

Sucked.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Carlton;4488691]Here are the details. I was sleeping with a really hot 21 year old blonde girl and now I'll be free to sleep with other hot girls in their 20s. How's family life?

[/QUOTE]

:(

:ontome:

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4488714]I too was drinking last night but was watching a movie and had no access to the Hampur so I couldn't post. Had I posted, I would have gone off because I was supremely perturbed.

Saw The Descendants. What an awful movie. How a crappy movie like that gets nominated for an Oscar and actually wins one is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Sucked.

_[/QUOTE]

Saved me the time. Thankee

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4488714]I too was drinking last night but was watching a movie and had no access to the Hampur so I couldn't post. Had I posted, I would have gone off because I was supremely perturbed.

Sucked.

_[/QUOTE]

I thought it was decent. What didn't you like about it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4488718]I thought it was decent. What didn't you like about it?[/QUOTE]

Not an enjoyable or likeable character in the entire film (well maybe the father/grandfather)--and it was a movie about the people.

Clooney's character was just Clooney. But even he wasn't real, none of the anger or hurt he should have been experiencing, reaching out to the Bill Speer character was just fundamentally wrong. And where was his complicity in what happened? Why the split? He was just working hard at his law practice? Please.

You don't even meet the wife and you hate her, nothing "tragic" in what happened to her. Clooney kissing her when he's saying goodbye goodbye goodbye was awful--believe me, I've done it.

The girls were awful, and I'm not buying the older daughter's flip to the helping loving kid, trying to do right by Dad.

And the attempt to tug on some emotional strings to make one feel badly for a trust fund baby left multimillions of dollars of real estate by King Kamehameha's great grand daughter was just silly.

And the last scene, where they're sitting on the sofa, all sharing ice cream and watching NatGeo like one big happy family, all the issues cleared up was insulting.

Way overhyped. IMHO.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4488737]Not an enjoyable or likeable character in the entire film (well maybe the father/grandfather)--and it was a movie about the people.

Clooney's character was just Clooney. But even he wasn't real, none of the anger or hurt he should have been experiencing, reaching out to the Bill Speer character was just fundamentally wrong. And where was his complicity in what happened? Why the split? He was just working hard at his law practice? Please.

You don't even meet the wife and you hate her, nothing "tragic" in what happened to her. Clooney kissing her when he's saying goodbye goodbye goodbye was awful--believe me, I've done it.

The girls were awful, and I'm not buying the older daughter's flip to the helping loving kid, trying to do right by Dad.

And the attempt to tug on some emotional strings to make one feel badly for a trust fund baby left multimillions of dollars of real estate by King Kamehameha's great grand daughter was just silly.

And the last scene, where they're sitting on the sofa, all sharing ice cream and watching NatGeo like one big happy family, all the issues cleared up was insulting.

_[/QUOTE]

Thats it?

:dunno:

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4488737]Not an enjoyable or likeable character in the entire film (well maybe the father/grandfather)--and it was a movie about the people.

Way overhyped. IMHO.

_[/QUOTE]

What about the music?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4488762]What about the music?[/QUOTE]

Kind of cute at the beggining, but after a while, that whole Eukulele sh*t can be pretty annoying.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4488750]Thats it?

:dunno:

-[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, his whole family voting on the trust, whether to sell to a local builder or a States based Mega-builder to put in a resort was also really seedy. And his decision at the end with what to do was a bit farfetched.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4488775]Oh yeah, his whole family voting on the trust, whether to sell to a local builder or a States based Mega-builder to put in a resort was also really seedy. And his decision at the end with what to do was a bit farfetched.

_[/QUOTE]

Precisely.

I knew you had committed an error of ommition... as soon as I read your review.

What cartoons do you like.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4488775]Oh yeah, his whole family voting on the trust, whether to sell to a local builder or a States based Mega-builder to put in a resort was also really seedy. And his decision at the end with what to do was a bit farfetched.

_[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=32green;4488793]Precisely.

What cartoons do you like.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/SnowWhiteandthe7Stokes.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Way overhyped. IMHO.

_[/QUOTE]

Mmm, alright. Fair enough.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4488798]Mmm, alright. Fair enough.[/QUOTE]

Wait...so now you retroactively dont like the film?

Whats going on here.

-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4488794][IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/SnowWhiteandthe7Stokes.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4488793]Precisely.

What cartoons do you like.

-[/QUOTE]

And another thing that bugged me. The reaction of the wife to hearing her husband was cheating on her was just too fraudulent, too mixed up--anger and compassion mixed together?

Pick a side, you hate the b*tch and you're happy she's in a coma or you feel sorry for her--you can't have both.

Plus she's the voice of Cheryl Tunt, so that kind of threw me off.

So yeah, Archer would be my favorite cartoon.

There's other stuff too, when I think of it I'll update this thread.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4488693]LOL![/QUOTE]

+1 :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4488794][IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/SnowWhiteandthe7Stokes.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

You made a critical error. Stokes is most definitely Grumpy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4488875]You made a critical error. Stokes is most definitely Grumpy.[/QUOTE]

No he's not....

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9G18qHPhcM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9G18qHPhcM[/URL]