Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't wait until Francesa tears into Diehl ...(arrested, merged)

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Why anyone gives a crap what Mike Francessa has to say is beyond me.
    Most intelligent thing I've ever read on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Francessa?

How about some of our own fans here who tell you that this stuff only happens with the Jets, only happens with a players coach like Rex, doesn't happen with a hard as$ like Coughlin.

Why not start there first.
    Coughlin has lost all control of that team!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    My issue is with Francesa who uses his influence to play kingmaker based on who he deems worthy. A media member who has allowed his ego to swell to such a degree that he is obnoxious to the very people that has helped him attain his financial success. He would not be where he is if not for the listening and viewing choices made by the audience. But to hear how he talks to his callers is to hear someone who has lost that perspective.
    I see what you mean. And I do agree. However, it works for him. People who like him listen and people who hate him listen. He is rude to his callers and yet the phones are ringing off the hook.

I think Giants should trade this bum to us for 6th round pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Or it just didn't happen.

Coughlin has too much control and the Giants are too classy an org to have this happen to.

Jets Insider VIP

David Diehl Gets a DUI

I actually know David, and he is a stand up, great guy. We do a lot of video work for DeFranco's Gym, and he has been there many times. Can't say enough about his character.

So, this has nothing to do with his mistake last night. What I'm interested in, is what Fatcessa is going to say about this. Remember the mission he was on to get the Jets to suspend Braylon a few years back? How, if this was the Gmen, they would certainly suspend the player for such a serious crime that threatened the life of others.

I doubt he takes the same approach now. In fact, I wonder if this even is a topic on his show.

Oh well, there's my Fatcessa rant for the day. I think I just heard his ratings go up. dammit

Jets Insider VIP
    sorry, i missed the other thread on this. Please merge mods!

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    thankfully the fat slobbering pig is no longer on my radio dial
    You have him on radio dial ignore?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You have him on radio dial ignore?
    Nice to see you read the entire thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Nice to see you read the entire thread.
    Pardon me your excellency.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    thankfully the fat slobbering pig is no longer on my radio dial

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Your radio has an ignore feature?
    LOLz. Right on TX. You nailed it first! WTG. Good job. You win the message board!

Better?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He's addressing it now. Of course, he doesn't have nearly the amount of anger that he did for Braylon Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    He's addressing it now. Of course, he doesn't have nearly the amount of anger that he did for Braylon Edwards.
    He's ripping into him and saying that despite being a great player, person, etc, there's no tolerance for driving drunk. So now the losers that are hanging onto whether Francesa won't give Diehl the same "treatment" that he gave Braylon Edwards can now get their panties out of a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    He's ripping into him and saying that despite being a great player, person, etc, there's no tolerance for driving drunk. So now the losers that are hanging onto whether Francesa won't give Diehl the same "treatment" that he gave Braylon Edwards can now get their panties out of a bunch.
    Not listening, but did he call for a suspension?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Are you serious? When Edwards was arrested, Francesa had veins popping out of his skin from the amount of anger and yelling that he was doing over it. Not nearly the same amount of anger that he had towards Edwards, though he is calling for the same punishments. But there's definitely a difference in the amount of vitriol that he harbored two Septembers ago.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Not listening, but did he call for a suspension?
    He called for a 5 year Driving license suspension.

He basically said he deserves whatever he gets "criminally", but really tap-danced around exactly what the Giants should do.

None of the anger he had for the Jets, which is no surprise at all.

For your listening pleasure I offer you Mike Francesa's opening remarks the day after Braylon Edwards was arrested for DWI. Please compare and contrast his remarks with his offering today about David Diehl. He opened his show with the Edwards DWI story. Today, he addressed Diehl's situation about two hours into the show Judge for yourself about his fairness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyH5AOwwHzI

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not to stand up for the guy but football news, during football season is put on front and center.

Not in the beginning of June. Baseball is king. In a baseball town.

Who really cares anyway.

There are more paranoid jet fans here, its stupid how easily this clown gets under peoples skin.

Not to stand up for the guy but football news, during football season is put on front and center.

Who really cares anyway.

There are more paranoid jet fans here, its stupid how easily this clown gets under peoples skin.
    I do agree that if Edwards was busted for the DWI in the offseason, Francesa would have not started his show with that story. There are too many stories on the field/court/ice/track/ring that are more appropriate to talk about before the DWI.

But there is no doubt in my mind, none, that when he did get to talking about the story, his tone and words would have been the same now as it was back then. Why? He hates the owner, does not care for the coach and has an overall disdain for the franchise in its current form.

Who really cares anyway.

Not to mention it comes on the heels on a weekend in which the triple crown hopeful scratched a day before the Belmont, as well as the Pacquiao fight on Saturday, as well as Subway series over the weekend and Stanley Cup Game 6 tonight.