Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't wait until Francesa tears into Diehl ...(arrested, merged)

Practice Squad
    an old thread of mine:

Quote Originally Posted by majormajor42 View Post
    I was at a bar late last night and even though the volume was down, I look up and see this on TV:

Not a fan of that T-shirt.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    He's ripping into him and saying that despite being a great player, person, etc, there's no tolerance for driving drunk. So now the losers that are hanging onto whether Francesa won't give Diehl the same "treatment" that he gave Braylon Edwards can now get their panties out of a bunch.
    Whoa. Really...he said he has no tolerance for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Diehl goes down to the studio and beats him up. I doubt any Giants will ever go back on his show after that scathing remark. What do you have against women btw that makes wearing panties an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Your radio has an ignore feature?

Jets Insider VIP
    The double standard remains. Franscesa had to rip Diehl, but he didn't call for a suspension like he did for Braylon.

Plus, Diehl is really lucky. Eye witnesses said that Diehl was fall-down drunk. He couldn't walk without assistance. He couldve killed someone.

Who cares what Fatboy says about Drunk Diehl? Does this arrogant jerk's opinion mean that much to you?

Sorry guys but I can't listen to Francesco drone on about how much he hates the Jets in between Brad Benson commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The double standard remains. Franscesa had to rip Diehl, but he didn't call for a suspension like he did for Braylon.

Plus, Diehl is really lucky. Eye witnesses said that Diehl was fall-down drunk. He couldn't walk without assistance. He couldve killed someone.
    Drunk Diehl'ing is always a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Who cares what Fatboy says about Drunk Diehl? Does this arrogant jerk's opinion mean that much to you?

Sorry guys but I can't listen to Francesco drone on about how much he hates the Jets in between Brad Benson commercials.
    I stopped listening to that load when it was apparent that he had an anti-Jets agenda. That was 10 years ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    Just curious, doess anybody know if David Diehl started this week or if the giants held him out to start the game because of his DUI.

If he did start... was there an uproar by the NY media?

Jets Insider VIP
    please stop listening to the fat turd

please stop talking about the fat turd

please stop starting threads about the fat turd

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    please stop listening to the fat turd

please stop talking about the fat turd

please stop starting threads about the fat turd
    I haven't listened to him in years. I was asking a question about Diehl. Thought starting a new thread would be stupid.

So if anyone actually has an answer, I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I haven't listened to him in years. I was asking a question about Diehl. Thought starting a new thread would be stupid.

So if anyone actually has an answer, I'd appreciate it.
    Diehl played every offensive snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Diehl played every offensive snap.
    Exactly...

Typical double standard bull****.

Francesa is a joke and the same with the rest of the media. Still have no idea why people were freaking out so much about the Braylon thing. Simply because of the Jets.

And the SOJF will go on to say how we deserve that type of treatment because of Rex with some warped logic.

Hall Of Fame
    Just curious, doess anybody know if David Diehl started this week or if the giants held him out to start the game because of his DUI.

If he did start... was there an uproar by the NY media?
    I think he did.

But it is not apples to apples with Braylon. Braylon was in-season and he already had a history of getting into trouble.

It is not as much a Jet/Giant thing as it is a Diehl/Braylon thing.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Your radio has an ignore feature?
    LOL ohno

Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 09-07-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think he did.

But it is not apples to apples with Braylon. Braylon was in-season and he already had a history of getting into trouble.

It is not as much a Jet/Giant thing as it is a Diehl/Braylon thing.
    If I am not mistaken, the Jets suspended Edwards for a quarter, no? That had nothing to do with any past history. It was in response to the DUI and only the DUI. Yet they got bashed by the media for their handling of the DUI.

Diehl gets no suspension whatsoever and...

crickets.

Standard²
    Last edited by crossfire; 09-07-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Remember Francesa admonished the Jets for not suspending Edwards for the Dolphins game. When it was mentioned to the Sports Pope that in the history of the NFL no team has ever suspended their own player for a DWI, the Pontiff ruled; I don't care. His listeners then blessed themselves and said Thank you.

At the same time, it was brought to the attention of his Excellence that a few years ago a Giants' player (Kareem McKenzie) was caught drinking under the influence he ruled; "thats different, it was in the offseason". So in his Excellence's mind the Diehl situation has already been ruled upon. His Edict will be that the act is wrong but since its the offseason the Giants are not responsible for discipline.

Amen.

Hahahahaha!!
    Man im so ready for the season and NOT listening to Mike Francessa, the fuggin' clown he is.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Exactly...

Typical double standard bull****.

Francesa is a joke and the same with the rest of the media. Still have no idea why people were freaking out so much about the Braylon thing. Simply because of the Jets.

And the SOJF will go on to say how we deserve that type of treatment because of Rex with some warped logic.
    It was exactly because he was a jet. I don't condone drinking/driving, they were both stupid and wrong. However, diehl did crash in to parked cars, luckily not killing anyone, while bray was simply targeted because of tinted windows. The media really does suck when comparing jets/giants.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I don't disagree about the double standard - everything the Jets do these days gets magnified and portrayed in an overly negative light. To some extent they bring it upon themselves, but the media does go overboard.

But....you can't really compare the impact of a DUI on a Tuesday before a game and one several months before the game. The media wouldn't be talking about a Jets DUI that happened in the offseason now either. Sure it got too much attention, but that was an amalgamation of reasons, which everyone touched upon. If Diehl's DUI was during the season, the focus would obviously be much greater.

Hall Of Fame
    If I am not mistaken, the Jets suspended Edwards for a quarter, no? That had nothing to do with any past history. It was in response to the DUI and only the DUI. Yet they got bashed by the media for their handling of the DUI.

Diehl gets no suspension whatsoever and...

crickets.

Standard²
    I think his past history and the DUI both played a role. The reason why the Jets got based was b.c the media thought they should take a stand with Braylon over his behavior.

By all accounts Diehl was a model citizen before this incident. And the fact that it happened in the off season tempered the media's response however there were some writers who called for him to be punished.

As for how the Giants handled it, I think it is up to them to do what they see fit just like it was up to the Jets. Now I think the lack of criticism the Giants are getting for playing him is a result of the time that has past. Timing is everything.

All Pro
    WHAT!