Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can't wait until Francesa tears into Diehl ...(arrested, merged)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Diehl played every offensive snap.
    It looked more like Wayne Hunter to me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't disagree about the double standard - everything the Jets do these days gets magnified and portrayed in an overly negative light. To some extent they bring it upon themselves, but the media does go overboard.

But....you can't really compare the impact of a DUI on a Tuesday before a game and one several months before the game. The media wouldn't be talking about a Jets DUI that happened in the offseason now either. Sure it got too much attention, but that was an amalgamation of reasons, which everyone touched upon. If Diehl's DUI was during the season, the focus would obviously be much greater.

I would agree with the Diehl DUI which was in the off season but Kareem McKenzie was definitely during the season, happened in November and he played the very next game and Fatso did not say **** about it....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diehl was in court for the DUI today so it's not like this was all in some forgotten past.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Your radio has an ignore feature?
    Lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    BUT BUT BUT DEY S'POSED TO BE MODEL FRANCHISE!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yeah the model is to go 9-7 then get lucky in the playoffs. I'm sure they let Welker run free because they game planned knowing he was due to drop an easy one. The first SB was picture perfect too. They practiced that mad scramble by Eli, and the old helmet catch by a 4th string receiver. That's the model we're supposed to be following.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yeah the model is to go 9-7 then get lucky in the playoffs. I'm sure they let Welker run free because they game planned knowing he was due to drop an easy one. The first SB was picture perfect too. They practiced that mad scramble by Eli, and the old helmet catch by a 4th string receiver. That's the model we're supposed to be following.
    Dey dream team now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    man its a frakin circus ova deah

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

+1.....Since 2000 the Giants have had 12 players arrested with quite a few for alcohol or drug charges......

The Jets have had 8 players arrested during that time period, only 1 team has had fewer off field problems and arrests than the Jets and that is the Rams...

Other model franchises....Patriots 13....Steelers....17......Many clubs have the high 20's and the leader is the Vikings with 40....But of course the Jets are the circus act and off field trouble kings....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's on 35th Avenue in Queens?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Diehl was in court for the DUI today so it's not like this was all in some forgotten past.
    Obviously the courts aren't going to forget about him. But the media pretty much has. The sensationalism of it has past. Simple as that. If you guys are upset, one of you should call in to Fatty and take him to task on it. Bring it up and tell him to ask Mara or Coughlin about it when they come on. I bet you he will.

I don't understand what the hang up is. We got a game tomorrow. F*ck David Diehl. F*ck Fatty. F*ck the Giants.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Obviously the courts aren't going to forget about him. But the media pretty much has. The sensationalism of it has past. Simple as that. If you guys are upset, one of you should call in to Fatty and take him to task on it. Bring it up and tell him to ask Mara or Coughlin about it when they come on. I bet you he will.

I don't understand what the hang up is. We got a game tomorrow. F*ck David Diehl. F*ck Fatty. F*ck the Giants.
    Jet fans. Do not call Francesca. One of the great truths in life is to never argue with the guy with the mic. Have you ever seen someone win an argument with someone that has a microphone?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never called a radio station and I never will. I just like pointing out the constant hypocrisy of the media and the piss poor "so-called" journalism.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet fans. Do not call Francesca. One of the great truths in life is to never argue with the guy with the mic. Have you ever seen someone win an argument with someone that has a microphone?
    You dont have to argue.

I have heard him many times take requests from callers. He seems to be very outspoken on the subject of DUIs and DWIs. Just call and ask him. See what happens. I bet he offers to ask Coughlin and Mara.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I've never called a radio station and I never will. I just like pointing out the constant hypocrisy of the media and the piss poor "so-called" journalism.
    Not sure there was any hypocrisy here.

Fatty spoke about it for hours. The local newspapers ran stories. It was on NFLN and ESPN. Many members of the media said he should be punished including Fatty.

And the only reason why the Giants aren't getting the same backlash as the Jets did is b.c of the time that has passed. Nobody cares anymore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I heard that call come in yesterday at about 5:00, the dialog was pretty passive and there were ne paralells to BE made, it went something like this.

The caller called in and and asked if DD played the entire game or if he sat. Mike said no he played the entire game. Caller asked if he felt that was right, Mike said no, but the Giants probably figured that it was so long ago and it's already been dealt with however it's been dealt with and that' that.

He then made a token pontification there should be zero tolerance and that he thinks the league should impose a mandatory one even two game suspension for as much as the first offense. Next

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    Actually I heard that call come in yesterday at about 5:00, the dialog was pretty passive and there were ne paralells to BE made, it went something like this.

The caller called in and and asked if DD played the entire game or if he sat. Mike said no he played the entire game. Caller asked if he felt that was right, Mike said no, but the Giants probably figured that it was so long ago and it's already been dealt with however it's been dealt with and that' that.

He then made a token pontification there should be zero tolerance and that he thinks the league should impose a mandatory one even two game suspension for as much as the first offense. Next
    That was actually me that called in. I dialed in at 5:05, and was on the air about 5:10 yesterday.

I'm a long-time Jets fan, and someone who has called into Francesca and others on the FAN for a long time. I wouldn't call myself a "regular", but I've probably called in 30 or 40 times over the past 10 years or so. Maybe 10 of those were to Francesca.

They have caller ID and a database of phone numbers who have called in before. When you call in, if you've already called in before and have made some "good" calls, they will usually put you right through. If you call in and are a jerk, they will never even answer your call again. So, you kind of have to make good calls or be you'll be cut off. I've called in the past and have been put through pretty quickly and given decent air time to present my thoughts.

I figured I had enough good will built up that I could challenge Francesca on this subject. I approached it this way, I said:

"Mike, I watched the entire game last night and as far as I could tell David Diehl was in there for every single play."

He said, "Yes, I think he was."

I said, "This is a convicted drunk driver (not exactly true, I think he was in court on Thursday...but you get the point), I would think that the Giants would have benched him for at least one quarter."

At that point I was cut off.

I had a couple of other carefully crafted questions/points I wanted to make about how Mike treated the Braylon Edwards case and the double standard between Jets and Giants players, but obviously I was never able to make those points on the air.

I knew I wouldn't be allowed to do so, but I thought it was worth a try.

I was polite enough that I don't think I got black-listed or anything (and, trust me, WFAN WILL blacklist you), so I might try again at some point in the future to broach the double-standard thing.

But, in the meantime, I will continue to call in and defend my Jets whenever I feel they are being misrepresented.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Yes just like we got lucky on December 24th???? I have heard the hating just fans say we got lucky for the last 7 months an I just SMH every time. Name 1 recent super bowl team that did not have a little luck in their playoffs runs including the Jets in 2009 and 2010 and I'll never come back here.. Also even if we did have some lucky breaks I am pretty sure if the Jets had a Tyree type play and won a super bowl you would not whine and moan about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G1986 View Post
    LOL. Yes just like we got lucky on December 24th???? I have heard the hating just fans say we got lucky for the last 7 months an I just SMH every time. Name 1 recent super bowl team that did not have a little luck in their playoffs runs including the Jets in 2009 and 2010 and I'll never come back here.. Also even if we did have some lucky breaks I am pretty sure if the Jets had a Tyree type play and won a super bowl you would not whine and moan about it.
    If the tables were turned, Giants fans would ***** and moan about Patrick Turners helmet catch and would scoff at the notion of Sanchez being considered a top 5 QB.

it's just how it goes.