Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't wait until Francesa tears into Diehl ...(arrested, merged)

Undrafted Free Agent

Can't wait until Francesa tears into Diehl ...(arrested, merged)

the same way he treated the Braylon Edwards situation in 2010. You know, since he's unbiased and all.

https://twitter.com/shimon4ny/status/212002724680708097

NY Giants offensive lineman David Diehl arrested for DWI according to police sources in Queens on 35th avenue. Being held at the 114pct.

Francesa prolly won't - he licks Giants' b@lls

All League
    Diehl is one of the guys he praises. This will be interesting

I don't look forward to anything Francessa says.

Veteran
    Yeah, don't hold your breath. If this was a jets player it would be talked about by everyone.

On Foxnews and CNN this morning. There's no ignoring this. He'll have to address it somehow.

League discipline will probably be nothing, like Ronnie Brown and Edwards' situations.

Diehl’s agent, Peter Schaffer, would say only that the offensive lineman is “one of . . . the classiest, most humblest New York Giants ever.”

Stay classy, Gmen.

Remember Francesa admonished the Jets for not suspending Edwards for the Dolphins game. When it was mentioned to the Sports Pope that in the history of the NFL no team has ever suspended their own player for a DWI, the Pontiff ruled; I don't care. His listeners then blessed themselves and said Thank you.

At the same time, it was brought to the attention of his Excellence that a few years ago a Giants' player (Kareem McKenzie) was caught drinking under the influence he ruled; "thats different, it was in the offseason". So in his Excellence's mind the Diehl situation has already been ruled upon. His Edict will be that the act is wrong but since its the offseason the Giants are not responsible for discipline.

Amen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why anyone gives a crap what Mike Francessa has to say is beyond me.

Jets Insider VIP
    thankfully the fat slobbering pig is no longer on my radio dial

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    thankfully the fat slobbering pig is no longer on my radio dial
    Your radio has an ignore feature?

Jets Insider VIP

All Pro
    It's all about the headlines with the Gints ... glad the Jets just focus on playing football.

Hall Of Fame
    Who cares what fatty says? We all know he has double-standards. His treatment of this will not prove or disprove otherwise. It is already known.

Enough with the Giants envy. All this complaining does is bring credence to everything people about the Jets/Giants fan dynamic. Little brother sydrome.

Yes, they get preferential treatment. We need to get over it. They are a flagship franchise and have won 4 SBs.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Your radio has an ignore feature?

HAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Who cares what fatty says? We all know he has double-standards. His treatment of this will not prove or disprove otherwise. It is already known.

Enough with the Giants envy. All this complaining does is bring credence to everything people about the Jets/Giants fan dynamic. Little brother sydrome.

Yes, they get preferential treatment. We need to get over it. They are a flagship franchise and have won 4 SBs.
    My issue has nothing to do with the Giants. Over the last 30 plus years they have been one of the best run franchises in the sport. As a fan of the sport you must respect that because they are where you would want your team to be as a franchise.

My issue is with Francesa who uses his influence to play kingmaker based on who he deems worthy. A media member who has allowed his ego to swell to such a degree that he is obnoxious to the very people that has helped him attain his financial success. He would not be where he is if not for the listening and viewing choices made by the audience. But to hear how he talks to his callers is to hear someone who has lost that perspective.

Yeah....he will mention the Diehl incident right after the Lawrence Taylor interview where fatcessa will slobber all over such a "great" Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster_Green View Post
    Yeah....he will mention the Diehl incident right after the Lawrence Taylor interview where fatcessa will slobber all over such a "great" Giant.
    And adds that he feels sorry for someone that committed statutory rape and soliciting a prostitute. Not to mention someone that was doing lines of cocaine before the game. But God forbid you predict that your team will win the Super Bowl. That is reprehensible and worth spending months admonishing.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 06-11-2012 at 09:11 AM.

All League
    Bad title for this thread, I really don't care what fatboy has to say about
    Diehl. I'm interested in the hypocrisy of the whole media covering this
    incident. Is Diehl going to get a pass about being drunk because his
    team won a Super Bowl or will he be destroyed like Braylon Edwards
    was??? Will Coughlin get a pass about how dysfunctional his locker room
    is because he won a Super Bowl or will he get destroyed like Rex???

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Francessa?

How about some of our own fans here who tell you that this stuff only happens with the Jets, only happens with a players coach like Rex, doesn't happen with a hard as$ like Coughlin.

Why not start there first.