Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ecstatic for Stephen Hill

Jets Insider VIP

Ecstatic for Stephen Hill

He just looks the part, now let's see him beast out.

Very excited to see him catch the long ball..

This dude will certainly lift the lid on the Offense so to speak. Last year's O was anemic plus we had a charlatan at OC.

We need more update from OTAs on Thrill Hill. Looking forward to the full TC

Looks like a steal !! ... If you can call a second rounder a steal.

As far a Schotty goes ... He was a pass first OC on the wrong team with the wrong personnel ... It will be interesting to see how he does in St Louis with Bradford.

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4488575]This dude will certainly lift the lid on the Offense so to speak. Last year's O was anemic plus we had a charlatan at OC.

We need more update from OTAs on Thrill Hill. Looking forward to the full TC[/QUOTE]

No doubt S Hill could be a top wr down the road. In 2012 - highly unlikely he has much an impact. He coming from a very limited passing offense. It just going to take time and Jets won't see his true worth at least two years down the road.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4488579]No doubt S Hill could be a top wr down the road. In 2012 - highly unlikely he has much an impact. He coming from a very limited passing offense. It just going to take time and Jets won't see his true worth at least two years down the road.[/QUOTE]

Agreed :eek: lol

On the over/under on 30 receptions this year I go under, well under. Maybe for the 2013 season as well actually. 30 balls is near his total college receptions for his career. He has all the tools but wideout is a very slow developmental position for news and he is very raw. He has all the talent in the world but if he makes the defense respect his speed and opens up some running lanes he's helped out this season.

[QUOTE=David Harris;4488583]Agreed :eek: lol

On the over/under on 30 receptions this year I go under, well under. Maybe for the 2013 season as well actually. 30 balls is near his total college receptions for his career. He has all the tools but wideout is a very slow developmental position for news and he is very raw. He has all the talent in the world but if he makes the defense respect his speed and opens up some running lanes he's helped out this season.[/QUOTE]

I'll take the over next year .. But this year .. I am in complete agreement. He is NOT Calvin Johnson.

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4488585]I'll take the over next year .. But this year .. I am in complete agreement. He is NOT Calvin Johnson.[/QUOTE]
    Reminds me of Randy Moss as a rookie, just let him use that speed to beat people deep and tell Sanchez to throw it at as high and far as he can...That's all they did with Moss as a rookie. Could end up being real exciting and open up things for the running game if they hit a few early

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4488579]No doubt S Hill could be a top wr down the road. In 2012 - highly unlikely he has much an impact. He coming from a very limited passing offense. It just going to take time and Jets won't see his true worth at least two years down the road.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Chaz Schillens has been around a while now. He's about to finally break out and live up to (your) expectations. Expect at least 40 touchdowns out of him this year.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=David Harris;4488583]Agreed :eek: lol

On the over/under on 30 receptions this year I go under, well under. Maybe for the 2013 season as well actually. 30 balls is near his total college receptions for his career. He has all the tools but wideout is a very slow developmental position for news and he is very raw. He has all the talent in the world but if he makes the defense respect his speed and opens up some running lanes he's helped out this season.[/QUOTE]

Thirty is a good over/under number for Hill this year. I think he will be just a little higher, but if he averages around 14-16 yards per catch he would end up having a big impact.

All Pro
    He might catch only 30 balls this year. But it will be for aslot of long gains.

although we have seen Rookie WR breakout before. He definitely has that kinda physical skill set.

I think it will be exciting watching his career develop.

[QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4488593]Reminds me of Randy Moss as a rookie, just let him use that speed to beat people deep and tell Sanchez to throw it at as high and far as he can...That's all they did with Moss as a rookie. Could end up being real exciting and open up things for the running game if they hit a few early[/QUOTE]

Randy Moss knew how to set people up, very natural WR skills and also had incredible production in college. He was a more refined product entering the NFL.

Also Hill has great speed, about the same as the top 1/3 of CBs in the league. Moss was faster than all of the CBs in the league.

Hill is all potential right now, but Moss is a HOFer and the most physically talented (not best) WR ever in the NFL.

I dont know if we want to be making these sorts of comparisons at this time.

if he can get off the jam, and beat people with his speed he will have a huge impact on this offense regardless of how many balls he catches.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4488604]Yeah, but Chaz Schillens has been around a while now. He's about to finally break out and live up to (your) expectations. Expect at least 40 touchdowns out of him this year.[/QUOTE]

40 coming out of the backfield maybe; we're talking ChaZ Schilens, here. Kid can score 120 times if he puts his mind to it.

Yeah, it's like that.

All Pro
    I'd take the over on 30 receptions.

Two catches a game is 32 receptions... If he starts (likely) and doesn't miss a ton of time, does anyone think there's any possible way he averages less than two catches per game? If so we're in HUGE trouble.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4488677]Randy Moss knew how to set people up, very natural WR skills and also had incredible production in college. He was a more refined product entering the NFL.

Also Hill has great speed, about the same as the top 1/3 of CB’s in the league. Moss was faster than all of the CB’s in the league.

Hill is all potential right now, but Moss is a HOF’er and the most physically talented (not best) WR ever in the NFL.

I don’t know if we want to be making these sorts of comparisons at this time.[/QUOTE]

Not that big a deal, but the top 1/3 of any position don't have 4.3 speed. There are only a handful, if that, corners with that kind of speed. And that doesn't mean they have the cover skills to blanket a WR with 4.6 speed.

ANd on top of all that it's football speed we need to see. None of us have yet. Moss was fast on the field, could care less what his 40 time was. The difference between the 2 isn't worth comparing. 4.2 vs 4.3 is meaningless. Coles and S Moss were just as fast as Moss in the 40. Neither played as fast on the field or maintained it.

The rest is spot on, Moss was amazing. Can't compare Hill to Moss
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-11-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;4488703]if he can get off the jam, and beat people with his speed he will have a huge impact on this offense regardless of how many balls he catches.[/QUOTE]

Rex was on Boomer and Carton this morning and the one thing he said about Hill (other than his size and blistering speed) was how surprised he was about how far ahead Hill is in getting off of jams in OTAs. He thought that was going to be his biggest struggle, but he was really encouraged how ahead of schedule he was in this area.

Of course it's just OTAs, but at least he didn't say he was struggling with it.

_

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4488677]Randy Moss knew how to set people up, very natural WR skills and also had incredible production in college. He was a more refined product entering the NFL.

Also Hill has great speed, about the same as the top 1/3 of CBs in the league. Moss was faster than all of the CBs in the league.

Hill is all potential right now, but Moss is a HOFer and the most physically talented (not best) WR ever in the NFL.

I dont know if we want to be making these sorts of comparisons at this time.[/QUOTE]

Good Post, Moss comparisons are crazy. Moss was taller, and faster, and
    had that instinctive ability of how to save his 5th gear for until he needed it. He would be jogging along with a DB then boom hit the burners and blow by them and get the ball.

Moss could/should have been the best WR ever but his head and poor teams got in his way.

I like Hill, and hopefully he comes on strong, but I set the bar low this year, if he even catches a few bombs he'll have done his job of opening the offense ofr the running game/slot recievers.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4488604]Yeah, but Chaz Schillens has been around a while now. He's about to finally break out and live up to (your) expectations. Expect at least 40 touchdowns out of him this year.[/QUOTE]

On paper Chaz doesn't appear to fill Plaxico's shoes even with his age advantage.

But things should be different now on a real offense after being sandbagged by a washed-up never-was Carson Palmer.

All Pro
    Yes if he's starting, which is is supposed to do, he should get in the thirties, but it should be close to 700 yards. Over 20yard average. I'll sign up for that with Holmes getting 1200, and Kerley over 500 in a run first, but big play over the top hurry up offense. I'll bet we run 20% more plays this year compared to last. That's also going to help the defense. So happy Schotty is gone, or Hill would be running curls and outs, just to surprise the defense.

Veteran

Hill only needs to prepare and perfect a couple plays each week and be given a small, albeit important role.

One or two huge plays can win games.