Thread: Sid Rosenberg making the most of second chances!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Sid Rosenberg making the most of second chances!

Didnt see this posted;

[B][SIZE="5"]Sid Rosenberg fired by WQAM following DUI arrest[/SIZE][/B]

Popular WQAM sports talk radio host Sid Rosenberg was arrested for DUI and… (Broward Sheriffs Office,…)April 10, 2012|Sun Sentinel staff reports
    WQAM program director Lee Feldman confirmed host Sid Rosenberg has been fired from WQAM following an arrest and DUI charge late last week.

Rosenberg had been off the air this week after the arrest last week, according to Feldman. Rosenberg also was charged with driving with a suspended license, according to the arrest report.

Rosenberg was found around 2 a.m. Thursday in Hollywood curled up on the ground behind his car in the middle of the road with his fingers in his mouth trying to induce vomiting, the arrest report stated.

He told the officer he was heading home to Boca Raton from Tootsie's strip club.

Rosenberg, who has made numerous on-air mentions to his battle with addiction and stints in rehab, had been with WQAM since September of 2009 after a three-year stint at 790 The Ticket.

From 2001-05, Rosenberg worked for WFAN and during that time was the sports anchor for MSNBC'sThe Don Imus Show.

Rosenberg started his broadcasting career in 1997.

[url]http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-04-10/sports/sfl-sid-rosenberg-fired-by-wqam-after-arrest-20120410_1_dui-arrest-sid-rosenberg-wqam[/url]

All Pro
    This was posted in the pod cast thread.

They say Sid is funny.

Sad stuff...

Feel bad for anyone who has to go through that addictive ****. Same with anyone who knows someone dealing with those demons.

Jets Insider VIP
    [I]"Spectacular!"[/I]

Maybe he should have induced vomiting before getting in the car.

Didn't he also have a gambling problem too?

Egadz

Hall Of Fame
    The funny thing is, Fatcessa so wanted Sid to work his way back into the good graces of the FAN so he could eventually take over his afternoon slot because Mike can't STAND Carton and it would kill him if Carton took over for him.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The cops found him laying on the ground outside of his car and they charged him with DUI? Huh?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4488960]Didnt see this posted;

[B][SIZE="5"]Sid Rosenberg fired by WQAM following DUI arrest[/SIZE][/B]

Popular WQAM sports talk radio host Sid Rosenberg was arrested for DUI and… (Broward Sheriffs Office,…)April 10, 2012|Sun Sentinel staff reports
    WQAM program director Lee Feldman confirmed host Sid Rosenberg has been fired from WQAM following an arrest and DUI charge late last week.

Rosenberg had been off the air this week after the arrest last week, according to Feldman. Rosenberg also was charged with driving with a suspended license, according to the arrest report.

Rosenberg was found around 2 a.m. Thursday in Hollywood curled up on the ground behind his car in the middle of the road with his fingers in his mouth trying to induce vomiting, the arrest report stated.

He told the officer he was heading home to Boca Raton from Tootsie's strip club.

Rosenberg, who has made numerous on-air mentions to his battle with addiction and stints in rehab, had been with WQAM since September of 2009 after a three-year stint at 790 The Ticket.

From 2001-05, Rosenberg worked for WFAN and during that time was the sports anchor for MSNBC'sThe Don Imus Show.

Rosenberg started his broadcasting career in 1997.

[url]http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-04-10/sports/sfl-sid-rosenberg-fired-by-wqam-after-arrest-20120410_1_dui-arrest-sid-rosenberg-wqam[/url][/QUOTE]

I just realized that's from April - and also apparently he owes the IRS like 60k in back taxes -

[url]http://www.gossipextra.com/2012/04/12/sid-rosenberg-wqam-irs-1377/[/url]

My guess is that he's not smiling like this any more
    [IMG]http://www.gossipextra.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/sid_rosenberg_suspended.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4489032]I just realized that's from April - and also apparently he owes the IRS like 60k in back taxes -

[url]http://www.gossipextra.com/2012/04/12/sid-rosenberg-wqam-irs-1377/[/url]

My guess is that he's not smiling like this any more
    [IMG]http://www.gossipextra.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/sid_rosenberg_suspended.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I was right!

[IMG]http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/sid-rosenberg-mug2.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4489031]The cops found him laying on the ground outside of his car and they charged him with DUI? Huh?[/QUOTE]

I believe that if the keys are still in the ignition, you are considered driving. So, if you had a few to drink, put the keys in the ignition and then realize you're a bit tipsy and decide to take a nap before you drive, make sure you pull those suckers out of the ignition before you take a snooze.

But, even if he took the keys out, it sounds like he was attempting to pull the trigger in the middle of the road right behind his car at 2am. Just a guess, but I'm thinking there's a strong inference that he drove to that spot to the point that there is probable cause for an arrest.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4489044]I believe that if the keys are still in the ignition, you are considered driving. So, if you had a few to drink, put the keys in the ignition and then realize you're a bit tipsy and decide to take a nap before you drive, make sure you pull those suckers out of the ignition before you take a snooze.

But, even if he took the keys out, it sounds like he was attempting to pull the trigger in the middle of the road right behind his car at 2am. Just a guess, but I'm thinking there's a strong inference that he drove to that spot to the point that there is probable cause for an arrest.[/QUOTE]

I had a friend of mine that got arrested for a DUI when he was sleeping in the vehicle, [I]and it was parked.[/I]

Apparently even with the keys inside the vehicle that constitutes intent to drive while intoxicated, which I think is bs. For once my friend showed good judgement and did not drive.

From what I heard, if you're even in that situation, you are supposed to put the keys outside the vehicle - like on top of one of the tires (:confused: wtf ) or something.

Been there. Done that.

Hope he gets help.

He's gonna be on another station down here starting in August in the mornings

Sid's show is ok.I don't like the fact he tries to be the Howard Stern of sports.

He always lost the afternoon to Le Batard....Le Batard radio show is pretty damn good.Funny doesn't take itself seriously

All Pro
    Le Batard or Le Basturd

the choice was clear

Jets Insider VIP
    Who?

:dunno:

All League
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4489118]Who?

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

:D

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF0ajgT_09s[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    I thought Sid did a great job on the podcast. He is very talented. Reminds me of one those talented musicians and ballplayers that just can't fix their personal demons and they allow them to affect their work. Actually sometimes it works for musicians, LOL.

Hopefully he gets things sorted out. I think 99% of what he said about the Jets was dead-on. He gave fair opinions, some positive, some negative. He was always a great listen on the radio.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4489123]I thought Sid did a great job on the podcast. He is very talented. Reminds me of one those talented musicians and ballplayers that just can't fix their personal demons and they allow them to affect their work. Actually sometimes it works for musicians, LOL.

Hopefully he gets things sorted out. I think 99% of what he said about the Jets was dead-on. He gave fair opinions, some positive, some negative. He was always a great listen on the radio.[/QUOTE]

I hope this guy doesn't have any family or kids to support.
    How many chances is this guy going to get?