[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4491526]This was the entire point I was trying to stress...

A couple years ago I can pull up 300 posts from Pasts trolls telling us there it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to keep Harris, Revis, Brick and Mangold...

That's all I was driving at.[/QUOTE]

Well to be honest. It is going to be hard. We haven't "kept" Revis yet. We have used "band-aid" contracts, to use Revis' words. His long-term future with the Jets is still a little bit of a question.

But that is the nature of the NFL. You cannot keep all your players. If we end up getting Revis locked up in long-term deal it will definitely impact our ability to strengthen other positions via FA. It will put a premium on the draft b.c in order to get quality players, we will have to draft them. Not the worst thing in the world.

So I do see their point. It is not impossible, but it makes things hard. Im just glad that the money is spent on quality players. Harris, Revis, Brick and Mangold are all top-notch. So if we are going to be cap strapped a little bit, it is worth it if we have players like that in return.