Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Watching this NHL Disgrace?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Good, now everyone on Facebook can stop pretending to be a Devils fan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care how long the team has been there. There should not be hockey teams anywhere south of Pennsylvania and certainly not in California. It's a big part of the reason I can't take the sport seriously.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Don't call it a comeback.
    We won't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the Refs basically stole it from the Devils last night? Is that the point of this thread? By five goals Yessirree the fix must have been in alright.

What a disgrace.

First Manny Pacquiao now this

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    So the Refs basically stole it from the Devils last night? Is that the point of this thread? By five goals Yessirree the fix must have been in alright.

What a disgrace.

First Manny Pacquiao now this
    5 minute major in the finals for a hit where the player did not leave his feet or raise their stick, def did not help.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post

What a disgrace.
    Who said anything about a fix? No, not a fix but the Refs missed a blatant call 30 seconds before the 5 minute major.

The refs make the right call on Gionta and the Bernier hit never happens and the Kings don't go on a 5 minute powerplay and score 3 goals.

The score was 0-0 at the time.

Not a fix, but a major major miss that changed the entire outcome of the game.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is something to the NHL giving advantages to certain teams and players. We have seen the refs manipulate things within the rules before. I think the refs went into last night's game with the intent of giving the Kings the favorable whistle. I think the NHL wanted the Stanley Cup in LA. They wanted the Kings to win it at home. They were going to give the Kings every opportunity to do so. But I do not think they would go as far as to "fix" a game. They let the Kings play and called NJ very tight.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I knew what that was...but I just couldn't resist.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody in the NY Metro area was watching for sure since neither of those franchises have any fans in these parts

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuse the *bump*. I'm bored :

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think there is something to the NHL giving advantages to certain teams and players. We have seen the refs manipulate things within the rules before. I think the refs went into last night's game with the intent of giving the Kings the favorable whistle. I think the NHL wanted the Stanley Cup in LA. They wanted the Kings to win it at home. They were going to give the Kings every opportunity to do so. But I do not think they would go as far as to "fix" a game. They let the Kings play and called NJ very tight.
    And you don't call that a "fix"? In a perfect world, the Kings would be called for the Penalties they've committed along with whatever the Devils committed. Penalties would be called EQUALLY and CONSISTANTLY with NO FAVORITISM!

Alas, that's not what happened.

Oh and did anyone hear that one of the Linesman who was involved in this debacle showed up at the Kings parade wearing a Kings Jersey?

But the "fix" wasn't in so nevermind....right?

(cue the Rags fans here telling me to "let it go" and all that crap....lol )
    Last edited by Vin; 06-16-2012 at 10:08 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't buy this at all.

If there was an NHL bias against NJ, they never would have made it to the Finals.

You think the NHL wanted the Penguins bounced in the first round? Wanted the Devils in the finals over the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, or Bruins?

Devils fans should be thrilled their six seeded team went on a run and knocked out Philly and New York. In no way shape or form were the Devils robbed. They went down 3-0 in the series and were blown out in the clinching game.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post

If there was an NHL bias against NJ, they never would have made it to the Finals.

You think the NHL wanted the Penguins bounced in the first round? Wanted the Devils in the finals over the Rangers, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, or Bruins?

Devils fans should be thrilled their six seeded team went on a run and knocked out Philly and New York. In no way shape or form were the Devils robbed. They went down 3-0 in the series and were blown out in the clinching game.
    Right, a negative bias against a team in financial trouble wouldn't make any sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Not good....this is bound to make the fewer than 4000 Newark fans angry and unhappy. Like stirring up a real tiny and miniscule hornets nest and having to swat the six hornets that reside there

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda hard to get angry, with 3 in 30. you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Right, a negative bias against a team in financial trouble wouldn't make any sense.
    What's your point?

I'm not suggesting it wouldn't make sense, I'm pointing out that it didn't exist.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's your point?

I'm not suggesting it wouldn't make sense, I'm pointing out that it didn't exist.
    Meaning if anything you would think the NHL would want to help the team in trouble. Maybe they did, Phoenix is owned by the NHL , no? Devils in trouble.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Not good....this is bound to make the fewer than 4000 Newark fans angry and unhappy. Like stirring up a real tiny and miniscule hornets nest and having to swat the six hornets that reside there

HENRIQUE!!! IT'S OVER!!!

Sent from Doc's Voice using the NBC Sports Network

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Meaning if anything you would think the NHL would want to help the team in trouble. Maybe they did, Phoenix is owned by the NHL , no? Devils in trouble.
    No, the NHL's primary goal would be appealing to a national audience, and if they were going to do that they'd want Rangers/Bruins/Flyers/Caps/Penguins vs. Kings/Blackhawks/Red Wings. Devils fans don't want to hear it, but their success is one of those things that simply hurts the league.

Trying to help a dying team at the expense of national interest would be idiotic. Improving the NHL brand to the national consumer should be their primary focus.

If anything they should contract and get rid of dead weight franchises in cities that don't care about hockey, strengthening the field for cities that do care... And I'm not talking about the Devils here. They're still a quality franchise will a good, albeit small fanbase.

Phoenix, Anaheim, Tampa, Florida, Carolina, the Islanders... Just get rid of them. 24 teams, better for the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, Devils took in 30 mil. in the postseason I was surprised by that number, not shocked, but surprised.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 06-16-2012 at 02:58 PM.