Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: why...?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

why...?

Why is every thread deluged with patsie trolls? Is there any reason we must be inundated with "pats rule, they're the bestest at everything they do" and "the jets suck and every move they make will turn to complete failure" in EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD?

Seriously. I've been here a long time now, and It's never been this bad. It's every thread and every topic. Minicamps are starting up[ and TC will be here before too long. Are these trolls going to be allowed to run roughshod over the Jets fans on this board during it all? For the love of God, mods, trolling is outlined in the TOS as a bannable offense. If turning every single thread into a patsie-troll circle-jerk isn't the definition of trolling, I don't know what is.

Enough is enough. Start banning the trolls who seek to do nothing here other than rile up the Jets fans who frequent the board. Please.

:nono:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turnabout would be fair play on their board right?

However, on their board, people are banned before they even get the words typed on the page.

Doesn't seem congruous does it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Free and PK for mod.

Get on the bike.

[IMG]http://cellar.org/2007/Motorcycle.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4489575]Turnabout would be fair play on their board right?

However, on their board, people are banned before they even get the words typed on the page.

Doesn't seem congruous does it?[/QUOTE]

Definitely incongruous.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

No. It doesn't.

This is the perfect example of the old saying, "give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile." Checak any topic on the board, from Keller's contract, to Santonio at OTAs, to Rex's "pulse", to Sanchez and Tebow struggling, and on and on....

and it's not just one or two anymore. They're here in droves. It has obviously become common knowledge to patsie scum that this is the board that will allow you to come f with jets fans as much as you like, for as long as you like.

In the words of Ray Ray... pathetic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4489578]Free and PK for mod.

Get on the bike.

[IMG]http://cellar.org/2007/Motorcycle.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I wouldn't want it.

I'd guarantee you that a-holes like patsfanken and patman woul;dn't be posting much if I was a mod, though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4489586]No. It doesn't.

This is the perfect example of the old saying, "give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile." Checak any topic on the board, from Keller's contract, to Santonio at OTAs, to Rex's "pulse", to Sanchez and Tebow struggling, and on and on....

and it's not just one or two anymore. They're here in droves. It has obviously become common knowledge to patsie scum that this is the board that will allow you to come f with jets fans as much as you like, for as long as you like.

In the words of Ray Ray... pathetic.[/QUOTE]
    Yes but where they present in the Stony Brook thread? :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you want this board to be the Jets version of Patsfans?

That place is a complete circle-jerk. On the whole, I like the Pats fans, though they can definitely get annoying at times.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4489586]No. It doesn't.

and it's not just one or two anymore. They're here in droves. [B]It has obviously become common knowledge to patsie scum that this is the board that will allow you to come f with jets fans as much as you like, for as long as you like. [/B]

In the words of Ray Ray... pathetic.[/QUOTE]

You nailed it right there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the mods are all in the Hampur :dunno:

Are there mods who spend as much time on the Strip as JW and 32green in the Hampur?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4489591]Would you want this board to be the Jets version of Patsfans?

That place is a complete circle-jerk. On the whole, I like the Pats fans, though they can definitely get annoying at times.[/QUOTE]

False premise to your question. It's not an either/or proposition. It's a matter of proportion. When the patsies do nothing but flood a thread with their Rex is a buffoon, Sanchez sux, Revis is going to bankrupt the team, AND DO IT TO NEARLY EVERY THREAD, the board becomes unreadable. It's time to tone it down.

There's a great distance between a Jets-homer-circle-jerk and allowing trolls to run rampant and unchecked. Besides, have you never had discussions with the Jets fans on this board? Only a complete neophyte would worry about this place becoming a circle-jerk.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4489569]Why is every thread deluged with patsie trolls? Is there any reason we must be inundated with "pats rule, they're the bestest at everything they do" and "the jets suck and every move they make will turn to complete failure" in EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD?

Seriously. I've been here a long time now, and It's never been this bad. It's every thread and every topic. Minicamps are starting up[ and TC will be here before too long. Are these trolls going to be allowed to run roughshod over the Jets fans on this board during it all? For the love of God, mods, trolling is outlined in the TOS as a bannable offense. If turning every single thread into a patsie-troll circle-jerk isn't the definition of trolling, I don't know what is.

Enough is enough. Start banning the trolls who seek to do nothing here other than rile up the Jets fans who frequent the board. Please.

:nono:[/QUOTE]

Did you give this speech from your podium?

(i though pot smokers were mellow :confused:)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4489592]You nailed it right there.[/QUOTE]

:yes: That's EXACTLY what this place has become.

sadly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Pats fans should be monitored more closely than they are. I'm always in favor of good discussion and some of them offer that (as well as a sense of humor) but there are plenty of them that simply troll, which, IMO shouldn't be allowed (and that doesn't just apply to Pats fans -- anti-Rex, anti-Sanchez etc. posters should be banned for bringing their crusades into threads that don't need it.)

98% of Tx's posts are simply trolling, for instance. He literally just enters every thread and says something insulting about the Jets, adding something of substance once in a blue moon. I wondered for a long time why that kind of behavior was allowed, but I guess the answer is simple -- it drives hits so Sooth allows it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4489597]Did you give this speech from your podium?

(i though pot smokers were mellow :confused:)[/QUOTE]

I AM mellow. But even you'd have to admit it's gone into overdrive around here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4489600]I think the Pats fans should be monitored more closely than they are. I'm always in favor of good discussion and some of them offer that (as well as a sense of humor) but there are plenty of them that simply troll, which, IMO shouldn't be allowed (and that doesn't just apply to Pats fans -- anti-Rex, anti-Sanchez etc. posters should be banned for bringing their crusades into threads that don't need it.)

[B]98% of Tx's posts are simply trolling, for instance. He literally just enters every thread and says something insulting about the Jets, adding something of substance once in a blue moon. I wondered for a long time why that kind of behavior was allowed, but I guess the answer is simple -- it drives hits so Sooth allows it.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yep.

I have no problem with Pats fans (or any other team's fans) coming here to offer something of substance to a discussion, and occasionally talking smack. It's all in good fun.

But pieces of sh!t like TX contribute absolutely nothing to this board. Every thread goes down to his level in the sh!tter. That a$$hole is a waste of space.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4489602]I AM mellow. But even you'd have to admit it's gone into overdrive around here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, actually I do agree. As to a solution, ya got me bro.:confused:

Sadly maybe you have to put them all on ignore? But even that don't help if the usually characters get into the usual back and forth. Honestly I think most thread are in the ****ter by page 3 anyway. Whether its pasties scum or jets morons who take it there. Its' the nature of the interweb.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So basically you guys are saying the mods suck.

:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's one guy with 4 handles... You guys haven't figured it out yet?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The easiest thing to do would be to win the division and shut these guys up.

But we are incapable of doing that.