Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: why...?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4489610]The easiest thing to do would be to win the division and shut these guys up.

But we are incapable of doing that.[/QUOTE]

No, the easiest thing to do would be to ban the offending parties.

(But we are incapable of doing that too)

Hall Of Fame
    Speaking of Pats trolls, WTF happened to GronkDickHead?

Banned
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4489614]Speaking of Pats trolls, WTF happened to GronkDickHead?[/QUOTE]

GuidoYastzremski

And before that he was VinniePatrollie.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;4489605]Yeah, actually I do agree. As to a solution, ya got me bro.:confused:

Sadly maybe you have to put them all on ignore? But even that don't help if the usually characters get into the usual back and forth. Honestly I think most thread are in the ****ter by page 3 anyway. Whether its pasties scum or jets morons who take it there. Its' the nature of the interweb.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying ban all opposing-team-fans. Not at all. But the ones who post with no other intention than starting crap, ban their asses. Permanently, if they can't resist their baser instincts.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4489591]Would you want this board to be the Jets version of Patsfans?

That place is a complete circle-jerk. On the whole, I like the Pats fans, though they can definitely get annoying at times.[/QUOTE]

This is nonsense. Jets fans are probably the worst critics of their own team in the NFL. There is no chance of a circle jerk around here.

Practice Squad
    I think I'm going to be a bad guy here, but let me just say this:

When the Pats fans push us, we push back. When we push them, they push back. They are no different than we are. In most threads we push them first. We rip the Patriots then get upset when they rip us back. Some examples:

1. Draft thread: "Patriots took player X. He sucks. Total reach. Another Beli bust. The guy has no clue how to draft."

"How's Gholston doing?"

"*&^#@ you chowd we should ban these trolls they ruin every thread."

2. FA signing thread: "Pats signed Ocho. Total desperation. BB knows that team is over the hill and needs to try to hit a home run now. They are the worst defense in the league and making strides toward becoming the worst offense."

"At least we are trying to upgrade unlike you who have retained the services of Wayne Hunter."

"GFY where are the mods around here?"

etc.

Pats fans like it here because we don't ban people at the drop of a hat. There is, on occasion, great discussion here between people with varying viewpoints. We can have more of that if we ourselves try to keep our end of the discussion on point and less filled with hatred for the Patriots. We all hate the Patriots and we all know that we all hate the Patriots. If we Jets fans try to take the lead and analyze the events of the day as they are, the Pats fans on this board, who with few exceptions are reasonable and intelligent football fans, will respond in kind. If they don't, then banning them is totally appropriate.

Let's show them how it's done.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4489591]Would you want this board to be the Jets version of Patsfans?

That place is a complete circle-jerk. On the whole, I like the Pats fans, though they can definitely get annoying at times.[/QUOTE]

I can say I don't mind a couple of them but there are far more that I could do without.

Not to mention that many of us have had to put up with them for a lot longer than you have.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4489594]I think the mods are all in the Hampur :dunno:

Are there mods who spend as much time on the Strip as JW and 32green in the Hampur?[/QUOTE]
    Are you saying the mods suck?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DBarrett=all<3;4489624]If we Jets fans try to take the lead and analyze the events of the day as they are, the Pats fans on this board, who with few exceptions are reasonable and intelligent football fans, [B]will respond in kind.[/B] [/QUOTE]

lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    I definitely agree with you Free (and have been saying the same thing for years), but ultimately it doesn't matter if trolls are banned because they are either allowed to come back after a certain amount of time or just create new aliases and post under them.

I had thought that registering multiple usernames is a bannable offense but, seeing as how Vinny Patrollie is on his third, that's just not the case. People mock him but sg3 might be onto something by just blocking every troll possible. It's obvious they're never, ever going to be held accountable for their constant trolling.

And I love when people say, "well, with no opposing fans, this place would become a circle jerk." No, it wouldn't. Fact is most Jets fans hate their own team (*coughSARcough*) and/or a certain player anyway. It doesn't have to be so black and white ... we could have troll-free discussion AND keep it objective.

If only it were up to us...
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 06-12-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DBarrett=all<3;4489624]
    If we Jets fans try to take the lead and analyze the events of the day as they are, the Pats fans on this board, who with few exceptions are reasonable and intelligent football fans, will respond in kind. If they don't, then banning them is totally appropriate.

Let's show them how it's done.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but this is pure fantasy.

Jets Insider VIP
    By the way, the ignore feature is simply a band-aide.

It would only work if everyone used it.

[QUOTE=DBarrett=all<3;4489624]I think I'm going to be a bad guy here, but let me just say this:

When the Pats fans push us, we push back. When we push them, they push back. They are no different than we are. In most threads we push them first. We rip the Patriots then get upset when they rip us back. Some examples:

1. Draft thread: "Patriots took player X. He sucks. Total reach. Another Beli bust. The guy has no clue how to draft."

"How's Gholston doing?"

2. FA signing thread: "Pats signed Ocho. Total desperation. BB knows that team is over the hill and needs to try to hit a home run now. They are the worst defense in the league and making strides toward becoming the worst offense."

"At least we are trying to upgrade unlike you who have retained the services of Wayne Hunter."

etc.

Pats fans like it here because we don't ban people at the drop of a hat. There is, on occasion, great discussion here between people with varying viewpoints. We can have more of that if we ourselves try to keep our end of the discussion on point and less filled with hatred for the Patriots. We all hate the Patriots and we all know that we all hate the Patriots. If we Jets fans try to take the lead and analyze the events of the day as they are, the Pats fans on this board, who with few exceptions are reasonable and intelligent football fans, will respond in kind. If they don't, then banning them is totally appropriate.

I share Freestater's sentiment in that it's gone overboard lately. The first thing I noticed this morning when I opened the page was roughly 5 different threads with the most recent post coming from 3 different Pats fans. All of these threads had nothing to do with the Pats. Keller's contract extension, Holmes being overworked, Raider90210 asking how Jets fans feel about their team...all threads which were hijacked by Pats fans.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DBarrett=all<3;4489624]I think I'm going to be a bad guy here, but let me just say this:

"How's Gholston doing?"

etc.

1) This is a Jets board. It's not a general football discussion board. Of course negative things are going to be said around the Pats -- as an outside fan, you should respect that.

It would be like if I went to Foxboro in a Revis jersey and tried to fight every fan in the stadium who said a negative thing about the Jets. Guess what? I'd get stomped out. You have to have a different attitude on "the road."

2) Disagree entirely that Jets fans always start things. Many of the Pats fans jump all over the Jets in every thread, even when it's about Rex changing his ways or Revis' contract.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Braumeister;4489616]GuidoYastzremski

And before that he was VinniePatrollie.[/QUOTE]

Do you think he know's he's spelling "Yastrzemski" wrong?

_

Banned
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4489652]Do you think he know's he's spelling "Yastrzemski" wrong?

_[/QUOTE]

Considering that he's a moron, I don't.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm just trying to figure out how you can get away with being banned and come back with as an italian baseball player who can't spell his own name to troll away.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4489652]Do you think he know's he's spelling "Yastrzemski" wrong?

_[/QUOTE]

I pointed this out to him long ago and he ignored my post.

Then he added some moronic footnote that yes he knows, it was an inside joke between him and some dead relative, Guido.

You can't make this sh1t up.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4489578]Free and PK for mod.

Get on the bike.

[IMG]http://cellar.org/2007/Motorcycle.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

lolz...

I'm curious as to whether or not Pats boards are full of Jet's poster will 100k posts. I'd check...but I really have no interest in going to another teams board.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4489606]So basically you guys are saying the mods suck.

:eek:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4489628]Are you saying the mods suck?[/QUOTE]

Jordy, you haven't been reading much the past couple of days.