Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    That's kind of how I feel.

You know what's depressing? I think the Spurs beat the Heat pretty handily.

Harden and Westbrook have both been very disapointing... Not a Westbrook fan at all.
    Really? The Spurs...Do you watch the games? Who do they have to defend Lebron and Wade?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastyman View Post
    Really? The Spurs...Do you watch the games? Who do they have to defend Lebron and Wade?
    Wade isn't some undefendable athelte anymore. He doesn't stirke fear in anybody's heart and doesn't even deserve the "who would defend him" conversation. He'd get his but while the Spurs are no longer an elite defensive team they still have the best coach in the NBA and tons of depth.

LeBron is sick and would score a lot against a team like the Spurs, there's no question about it. You'd probably get some combination of Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson on LeBron.

But I think the Spurs could score a ton on Miami. They move the ball well and have tons of guys who can score from different places on the court -- it's not a team like the Knicks where LeBron can D up Carmelo or a team like the Celtics who don't have a consistent scorer anymore.

The biggest difference in this series is experience -- most of the games could go either way and have swayed at crunch time. Guys like Ginobili and Parker wouldn't fade and make dumb mental errors the way Harden and Westbrook have.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'd have a point if they didnt use series in the playoffs.

Wade isn't some undefendable athelte anymore. He doesn't stirke fear in anybody's heart and doesn't even deserve the "who would defend him" conversation. He'd get his but while the Spurs are no longer an elite defensive team they still have the best coach in the NBA and tons of depth.

LeBron is sick and would score a lot against a team like the Spurs, there's no question about it. You'd probably get some combination of Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson on LeBron.

But I think the Spurs could score a ton on Miami. They move the ball well and have tons of guys who can score from different places on the court -- it's not a team like the Knicks where LeBron can D up Carmelo or a team like the Celtics who don't have a consistent scorer anymore.

The biggest difference in this series is experience -- most of the games could go either way and have swayed at crunch time. Guys like Ginobili and Parker wouldn't fade and make dumb mental errors the way Harden and Westbrook have.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kudos to the NBA for finishing their endless season before July 4. But no worries Dunkball fans....Training Camp for next season probably begins in three weeks or so

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Kudos to the NBA for finishing their endless season before July 4. But no worries Dunkball fans....Training Camp for next season probably begins in three weeks or so

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    You have to be the tooliest of all the tools. You go out of your way to come to an NBA thread, to tell everyone how much you hate the NBA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I despise the Heat, their cheap championship and their phony fans, but congrats to LeBron. As much as I didn't want to see him do it, he led a team to the championship (no question Wade was the sidekick in 2012).

Hopefully this isn't the start of a run.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    You have to be the tooliest of all the tools. You go out of your way to come to an NBA thread, to tell everyone how much you hate the NBA.
    The irony is that as much as he despises the Pats trolls he pretty much goes out of his way to troll in every other sports forum.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I planned on never watching Lebron win a championship... Those plans are now long gone. Hopefully LeBron, Wade and Bosh don't live up to their word, while winning multiple championships while at it. Miami may not have a lot of salary cap in order to sign big name free agents, but if they continue to build their team, while improving? They'll be almost impossible to eliminate. I can't stand Lebron the person, but as a basketball player? Jordan is the greatest but LeBron is the greatest physical talent I've ever seen.

This could have been us last night, if only LeBron would have chose Manhattan and the Knicks. You know what had believing he'd be a Knick? When he sported a New York Yankees hat to a Cleveland Indians playoff home game, in Cleveland. When LeBron chose Miami? It took a lot out of me as a basketball fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LeBron is the best player of his generation, was the clearcut MVP during the regular season and postseason. Of course he shouldve won the title.

I thought LeBron was the best player in the series but picked the Thunder in 6 because of the overall talent. I didn't think that everyone but Durant would crap the bed.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a season ticket holder since 1990. I have seen it all and yes there are phony fans just like any other franchise. There are also some very loyal fans...

Don t count out Wade. He has been injured for a month or longer. Has an injured knee. He is only 30...we will see if he bounces back next year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I despise the Heat, their cheap championship and their phony fans, but congrats to LeBron. As much as I didn't want to see him do it, he led a team to the championship (no question Wade was the sidekick in 2012).

Hopefully this isn't the start of a run.
    LeBron is a total beast. Body of an NFL tight end, feet of a two guard, hands like bird..almost. I think you underestimate Wade a bit.

I'm a Knicks fan from the early 80's, I hate the Heat, but they did their thing.

I think Bosh and his tiny dinosaur head bother me the most, lol.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    LeBron is a total beast. Body of an NFL tight end, feet of a two guard, hands like bird..almost. I think you underestimate Wade a bit.

I'm a Knicks fan from the early 80's, I hate the Heat, but they did their thing.

I think Bosh and his tiny dinosaur head bother me the most, lol.
    LeBron is a great player, that was clear before winning the title. Of course having the ring helps cement his all-time status.

But that's part of why I hated him going to the Heat with Bosh and joining Wade. Of course as a Knicks fan I hoped to get him. But as a general NBA fan, and an admirer of LeBron while he was with the Cavs, I was disappointed to see him go to the Heat because I wanted to watch him do strive for the title without having another top 10 player in Wade and another all-star in Bosh beside him.

If he stuck with his Cavs, his hometown team, and brought them a championship, he'd have earned universal admiration. But instead he took the easier route (not to suggest that winning a championship is ever easy).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sad reading the Knick fans being bitter. The Dolans are horrific owners.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I planned on never watching Lebron win a championship... Those plans are now long gone. Hopefully LeBron, Wade and Bosh don't live up to their word, while winning multiple championships while at it. Miami may not have a lot of salary cap in order to sign big name free agents, but if they continue to build their team, while improving? They'll be almost impossible to eliminate. I can't stand Lebron the person, but as a basketball player? Jordan is the greatest but LeBron is the greatest physical talent I've ever seen.

This could have been us last night, if only LeBron would have chose Manhattan and the Knicks. You know what had believing he'd be a Knick? When he sported a New York Yankees hat to a Cleveland Indians playoff home game, in Cleveland. When LeBron chose Miami? It took a lot out of me as a basketball fan.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good point...but almost every single all time great player that won championships had a top ten player along with them or close. So i dont buy the "he is a ***** for going to miami and not staying in cleveland thing." Have you ever been to Cleveland?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4496000]This is setting up perfectly for Lebron to crash and burn.

LoL. Ok

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post

Please explain why you don't like Lebron the person? Everytime I ask this I just laugh my a$s off at people's response. You may hate him because he's not on your team , but what has this guy ever done? He gets more hate than athletes that have committed crimes repeatedly!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Please explain why you don't like Lebron the person? Everytime I ask this I just laugh my a$s off at people's response. You may hate him because he's not on your team , but what has this guy ever done? He gets more hate than athletes that have committed crimes repeatedly!
    It's sad, Knicks fans automatically assume every big time player wants to play in NYC. Sure it's a great city but the organization is awful.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    It's sad, Knicks fans automatically assume every big time player wants to play in NYC. Sure it's a great city but the organization is awful.
    It's laughable. I rememer 2 years ago when all the delusional Knick fans were calling into sports talk radio with ridiculoous statements like "LeBron would become a LEGEND if he brought the Knicks a championship and THAT'S why he's coming to NY--you KNOW he wants to be a Knick!!".

LeBron was ALREADY a legend, he didn't need the Knicks on his resume to cement anything, couldn't have given a s*t about the Knicks.

But delusional Knick fans assume EVERYONE wants to play for them.

They still think the Knicks are a "tiffany" NBA franchise.

They're not. They're not in the class of the Celtics, not the Lakers, not the Bulls, not the Spurs, not the Mavericks, now not even the Heat.

Nobody cares about the Knicks other than Knick fans.

Too funny.

_

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    It's laughable. I rememer 2 years ago when all the delusional Knick fans were calling into sports talk radio with ridiculoous statements like "LeBron would become a LEGEND if he brought the Knicks a championship and THAT'S why he's coming to NY--you KNOW he wants to be a Knick!!".

LeBron was ALREADY a legend, he didn't need the Knicks on his resume to cement anything, couldn't have given a s*t about the Knicks.

But delusional Knick fans assume EVERYONE wants to play for them.

They still think the Knicks are a "tiffany" NBA franchise.

They're not. They're not in the class of the Celtics, not the Lakers, not the Bulls, not the Spurs, not the Mavericks, now not even the Heat.

Nobody cares about the Knicks other than Knick fans.

Too funny.

_
    I agree. I'm in a spot where I'm a lifelong Jetfan and a Heat fan from day 1 since I lived in Miami for many years. I hated Marino, because he was a Dolphin. But I recognized the greatness. Especially when he retired I really hoped he would go to another team and get a ring. Reading this thread from beggining to end is just comical as to how easily everyone dismissed the Heat and Lebron. I know now that he has his ring it'll all be about " oh we'll he promised multiple rings. He'll never get that because he folds and he has a receding hairline". Just take of the hate goggles and recognize the greatest basketball player of this generation.